• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Weird BC isn't a point (even if it is just PS4 games). I'd have put that over the Blu-ray drive.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
User Banned (3 days): Antagonising other members
giphy.gif

Better?

20200107084936-1.jpg

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that looks pretty much like you'd expect it to.

Should've used the roman numeral for 5 to fool everyone into thinking the Vita is making a comeback.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing that could match this for the next reveal, is confirming Knack as the official playstation mascot.

Rikimaru

Nov 2, 2017
They should've showed the console at least. Unless the top management decided to send the designers back to the drawing board after the Xbox Series X reveal.

I mean the PS5 is releasing this year, after all. Holiday 2020 isn't so far away.
I see this line of thought a lot. It is not a card game. Marketing could change but not hardware at this point.
Most decisions made a long ago. They are just executing their plan without looking at Xbox.
As they did with PS4 most of the time.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
I genuinely wonder how much someone got paid to sit at the table and say, 'the same logo but with a 5 instead of a 4'.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So is this how Sony's gonna reveal the PS5? Small sprinkles of information every other month or will they have a big event like the with PS4 before everything has been shown or talked about?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Obviously Sony wanted to get that crazy, very divisive logo out the way now so people can get used to it and therefore won't detract from when they show the real meat and potatoes. Come a few months that PS5 logo will feel as familiar as the PS4 logo and everyone will have forgotten the outrage and weirdness of it all.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Not a word about an event then? Hmmm.

When did Sony announce the PS4 reveal years ago? Was that a month before it happened or longer?

plow

Oct 28, 2017
3.1 million likes in 7 hours? while most of Europe was asleep? Quick, someone tell me about the importance of a TFLOP again before I break free of the enthusiast bubble lol

Wow.

What? People in the Next-Gen Thread told Sony is failing with the marketing game.

On a serious note, Sony is pressing all the right buttons atm. Just enough to get on the news and get people hyped.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What? People in the Next-Gen Thread told Sony is failing with the marketing game.

On a serious note, Sony is pressing all the right buttons atm. Just enough to get on the news and get people hyped.

The fact that they didn't feel the need to reveal more than a logo supports your theory lol. That reveal event is going to be bananas! I see Horizon Zero Dawn melting faces and it's Monster Hunter World-esq multi player being the drop the mic moment!

.Believe.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

That got a good laugh out of me too, shows how much people know about marketing and demand.

Nov 21, 2017
360 Audio by Sony is the alternative to Dolby Atmos, so it's their middle ware to surround sound. Some streaming services like Tidal already use it and it's nice. Hopefully, Sony will use their ray tracing features for that and we get games like this.

Don't forget Sony acquired Wwise last year too so I'm sure they will use their knowledge to improve 3D audio for the PS5 as well.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Weird BC isn't a point (even if it is just PS4 games). I'd have put that over the Blu-ray drive.
I'm pretty sure they keep this one as the big "surprise" when they actually fully reveal the console to great fanfare.

They've talked about (PS4) BC on multiple occasions now, and had it as a feature on slides at other presentations.

V8QeUR9.png

fZtYW2r.png

The CES slide is an abbreviated one, obviously not exhaustive of every feature of the system. I expect they'll reconfirm 'everything' at the eventual full reveal event, but there's no need to reiterate every last thing at a venue like CES.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They've talked about (PS4) BC on multiple occasions now, and had it as a feature on slides at other presentations.

fZtYW2r.png

The CES slide is an abbreviated one, obviously not exhaustive of every feature of the system. I expect they'll reconfirm 'everything' at the eventual full reveal event, but there's no need to reiterate every last thing at a venue like CES.

But aren't there leaks/rumors about BC of all prior Playstation systems? If that is true they will definitely wait for that reveal to happen on a big stage.