• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
From the results, but I think it might deserve an own thread.

unknown.png

Wonder what comes after UC4.

Also seems they are invested in a multiplattform strategy:

unknown.png

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Good.

Days Gone is an amazing game and Sam Witwer is a godly actor.

Hopefully one day we will get a sequel.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic to hear.

I'm having such a great time playing Horizon on my PC so this is music to my ears.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Good

Hoping they port older legacy titles - collections specifically - increase the fanbase/interest and still profit from the releases

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
From the results, but I think it might deserve an own thread.

Wonder what comes after UC4.
B-B-B-B-L-O-O.. nvm lmao

While i was initially hyped about this thing now iam just dehyped honestly.. the wait seems so long. So basically i won't care until a PC release comes.
Sony on PC basically to me is non existent until they do something. Iam too used to MS supporting PC proactively these days.

Also seems they are invested in a multiplattform strategy:

unknown.png
Not that surprising honestly although i wouldn't expect Day 1 releases even with MP titles but who knows?

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
Damn them Ports have been pretty solid too, especially for the UW peeps. I loved that Days Gone has UW cutscenes and gameplay...we typically don't get that.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Would be great if the next gen PSVR is a real "platform" that also works on PC.
That would really help the VR market.
Also i believe it would find a bigger market as when it is just an "console accessory" for $300.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Shocking nobody.

The only people who this will upset are the weird fanboys who'd rather other people don't get to play certain games.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Good

Hoping they port older legacy titles - collections specifically - increase the fanbase/interest and still profit from the releases
I mean I personally would love to see them port some PS3 titles, but it's unlikely as they would require a substantial amount of work. PS2 is probably easier done with emulation than straight ports, and the games likely wouldn't perform as well due to their age. I think most of what we see will be PS4 and newer.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
I really wonder what Sony's long term plans for PC are, and just in general the idea of delivering their games outside of the Playstation ecosystem.

very very doubtful they ever consider putting their games on a competitor's system, but I wonder how far they are willing to push on Steam and possibly explore streaming. If Sony were to go all out, I honestly think they have tons of games that would probably be mainstays in the Steam top 10 charts. Something like a spider-man, GoW, etc would do absurd numbers, and I have to wonder if Sony is looking at that and going "yeah we want that."

I keep going back and forth on if the end goal of this really is to just give people a taste of Sony's first party so they can buy PS5s. I'm sure they'd love that, but also, I do feel like the aim is something bigger. Putting games on Steam likely also means having your games played by more people in countries where PC is bigger than console.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That's a bold prediction, I dunno if I'm as confident on everything being day 1, but I think all of Sony's exclusives will end up on pc by the end of the generation even if it's a delayed launch.
At the end of the day when it comes to software, Sony cares about them selling not necessarily where they sell, and bringing them to PC day 1 means more people buying them at full price.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Sony's old mindset that Windows and PlayStation are directly competing always seemed weird to me. Was it Mark Cerny who said the PS4 Pro was partially designed to stop PlayStation customers from jumping ship to PC in search of better graphics? I would say PC players by and large don't want the console experience, so keeping these games locked to PS5 gains Sony nothing. Putting them on Xbox is a different story since they're fighting for the same type of consumer.

The fact these late ports do so well on PC simple proves that PC players would rather wait or not play a game at all than be forced to buy a console they don't inherently want to own.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished horizon after completing days and I liked the first one a lot, though that that final cutscene in days wow.

Cant wait to play forbidden west in six years, god I hope they start releasing shit faster.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
My PC only transition can begin.

I usually wait 2 years before getting to games anyway. Theres no true need to jump for Sony hardware anymore coming soon.

The only thing that entices me is having too much disc based PS4 content so it would make sense to have PS5 as my last Sony hardware tbh