• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Now I can't look into their wallet, but if I could only spend the money once, than this would also be my course of action when I have the choice of platform. Rather the preferred platform, but if on my secondary platform the idea of a donation is better honored, then I will get it there. It's just a skin, not some map pack or something like that.
It's a pretty dope skin, though. ;)

Oath

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see an issue. Charity org execs are paid six fig salaries as well. If Sony charges their standard platform fees it's well within their rights to do so. Free market etc etc.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
User warned: Console Warring
Not surprised in the slightest. Sony has always been full of lies and anti consumer.

Sony taking money away from women with breast cancer just shows there true colors...

Let that sink in....

Sony is taking away support for cancer patients and survivors. Not fucking cool.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Which is hilarious in itself because everyone hates lootboxes and microtransactions and brings out the pitchforks but when it comes to these 2 darling games for everyone microtransactions and lootboxes are OK
Fortnite (at least the Battle Royale mode, which is what most people mean when they talk about the game these days) doesn't have loot boxes. Also, it's a free game where you can buy whatever cosmetic items you want outright and you always know up front what you're getting. But that's really not the purpose of this thread. :)

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sony are not charging their fixed platform fee. This has been established. See Fliesen's post above.
We still don't know if this is true for the US store and for other stores that don't list the amount of money they're giving to Blizzard outright. Right now it just sits at a vague "100% of the money Sony pays to Blizzard" which could very much mean they're still taking the whole platform fee.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A warning for calling out the greed of a company who are taking a cut of fucking breast cancer charity donations...

Well done to the mod who warned me. I hope you're proud.

Oath

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony are not charging their fixed platform fee. This has been established. See Fliesen's post above.

I have absolutely no issue with them charging for any additional processing fees either.

As mentioned in my post, execs for these orgs are well compensated because of their ability to generate revenue. If Sony does not sell this skin there would be 0 revenue for the charity from the PS ecosystem. So why should Sony have to foot the bill for any additional processing fees that may incur?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have absolutely no issue with them charging for any additional processing fees either.

As mentioned in my post, execs for these orgs are well compensated because of their ability to generate revenue. If Sony does not sell this skin there would be 0 revenue for the charity from the PS ecosystem. So why should Sony have to foot the bill for any additional processing fees that may incur?
woof

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
We still don't know if this is true for the US store and for other stores that don't list the amount of money they're giving to Blizzard outright. Right now it just sits at a vague "100% of the money Sony pays to Blizzard" which could very much mean they're still taking the whole platform fee.

I'd assume it means Sony takes cut from those as normal. No reason to be so vague otherwise.
And EU doesn't take normal cut, but cut to cover VAT + small fee.

Well, they list the same € 11.78 number in Germany (19% VAT) as well as Austria (20% VAT).
Meanwhile, the Dutch store lists € 11.58 (NL has 21% VAT)

So i feel like some of these irregularities are simply because they're bundling certain regions - like Austria and Germany. Or they were just really lazy and only wrote one set of fine print for each language, not for each region.

Yeah they definitely bundle regions for whatever reason, so amount varies by region a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
"But sony deserves the shit getting flung their way"
I'm lost as to why one would feel that way honestly

I'm trying to understand the meaning of this, because the general argument being made is that because sony didn't waive sales taxes on dlc they somehow deserve this extreme level of backlash because they only donated 800 thousand when Microsoft and Activision put up a million, etc. I applaud anyone donating to any scientific research these days

I think it's shitty when everyone else is is donating more, yes, it's bad of Sony for not waiving sale tax yes. That doesn't mean I don't appluad them for donating. It's great.

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017
Not surprised in the slightest. Sony has always been full of lies and anti consumer.

Sony taking money away from women with breast cancer just shows there true colors...

Let that sink in....

Sony is taking away support for cancer patients and survivors. Not fucking cool.

Damn, they need to sort this asap.

I just bought a game but I regret doing so now. They need to open up about this otherwise I'll refrain from buying stuff on their digital store front. This is something they should've opened up about asap (even a "please wait with us" would've worked).

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I'd assume it means Sony takes cut from those as normal. No reason to be so vague otherwise.
And EU doesn't take normal cut, but cut to cover VAT + small fee.

Yeah they definitely bundle regions for whatever reason, so amount varies by region a bit.

Spain lists 11.58 as well (Spain VAT is 21%) - so it's the same as NL
Italy lists 11.49 (Italian VAT is 22%)
Portugal lists 11.39 (Portuguese VAT is 23%)

smaller EU countries (Greece for example) simply lists the british pounds value.

Oath

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ok? So everyone is angry at Sony charging "processing fees"/platform fees that keep their business afloat, but they're OK with the President making almost a mil annually for being a figure head? If you were to judge Sony from this thread you would think they're literally stealing from charities and spreading cancer themselves.

MYRA BIBLOWIT 40.00 PRESIDENT 1.00 X 743,288. 0. 71,967.
LISA RISI 40.00 CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER 1.00 X 248,452. 0. 19,414.
MARC HURLBERT 40.00 CHIEF MISSION OFFICER 0. X 317,886. 0. 31,261.
LUCRETIA GILBERT 40.00 CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER 0. X 263,154. 0. 27,013.
CHRISTINA MALITO ROSE 40.00 CHIEF PARTNERSHIP OFFICER 0. X 225,024. 0. 43,384.
STEPHANIE HAMBURGER 40.00 EXECUTIVE DIR/PLAY FOR PINK 0. X 177,449. 0. 30,269.
KATHLEEN TRIPP 40.00 DIRECTOR DIGITAL COMMUNICATION 0. X 187,690. 0. 21,804.
MARGARET FLOWERS 40.00 ASSOC DIRECTOR GRANTS PROGRAM 0. X 132,851. 0. 17,821.
STEPHANIE KAUFMAN 40.00 CHIEF COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER 0. X 121,590. 0. 22,725.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I hope Sony can provide some kind of statement soon for clarification.

But jeez, the gaming community as a whole needs to stop getting outraged before we know all the facts.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
smaller EU countries (Greece for example) simply lists the british pounds value.

Why am I not surprised to learn the Greek PSN store is serviced in English? Seems Blizzard literally only provided a single script for the store pages per language, instead of per country.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ok? So everyone is angry at Sony charging "processing fees"/platform fees that keep their business afloat, but they're OK with the President making almost a mil annually for being a figure head?

MYRA BIBLOWIT 40.00 PRESIDENT 1.00 X 743,288. 0. 71,967.
LISA RISI 40.00 CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER 1.00 X 248,452. 0. 19,414.
MARC HURLBERT 40.00 CHIEF MISSION OFFICER 0. X 317,886. 0. 31,261.
LUCRETIA GILBERT 40.00 CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER 0. X 263,154. 0. 27,013.
CHRISTINA MALITO ROSE 40.00 CHIEF PARTNERSHIP OFFICER 0. X 225,024. 0. 43,384.
STEPHANIE HAMBURGER 40.00 EXECUTIVE DIR/PLAY FOR PINK 0. X 177,449. 0. 30,269.
KATHLEEN TRIPP 40.00 DIRECTOR DIGITAL COMMUNICATION 0. X 187,690. 0. 21,804.
MARGARET FLOWERS 40.00 ASSOC DIRECTOR GRANTS PROGRAM 0. X 132,851. 0. 17,821.
STEPHANIE KAUFMAN 40.00 CHIEF COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER 0. X 121,590. 0. 22,725.
To answer your question, no, I don't think it's okay that she makes that much money, I don't really think anyone deserves to make that much money.

But there's no reason to sit here and discuss the efficiency and financial transparency of the BCRF when we've already done it multiple times in this thread and it's been made clear that they are a very well-functioning charitable organization.

My god, I just saw your edit. Stop with the console wars, please. No one is making the claims that Sony is "spreading cancer." Only that they are seemingly choosing to take a fee that other platform holders are not.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A warning for calling out the greed of a company who are taking a cut of fucking breast cancer charity donations...

Well done to the mod who warned me. I hope you're proud.

You called this Sony being scummy as usual. If you'd said this was scummy on it's own, fine, but as usual? That's just trying to stir up things.

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
This is a developing situation without a clear explanation and the discussion happening in this thread is mostly based in speculation and assumptions. As the conversation here has degraded, we are closing this thread to further replies.

Please feel free to make a new thread if there is any new news regarding this situation, such as an official statement from one of the parties involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.