• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think most of them will be PSVR. We know pretty much all of SCE's pipeline apart from Sucker Punch and maybe SCEJ, neither of which I expect to be there. Third party wise it could be interesting, though I would imagine some of the bigger stuff will be saved for PSX.

I'm hoping for some GTS DLC plan.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
A new Sucker Punch game announcement would be awesome but I see that as more a PSX thing. If there's a lot of great new PSVR stuff I might have to pick one up. Been hearing good things about pairing it with the Pro.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see a lot of people wanting to see Sucker Punch's new game here or at PSX, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see that until next year.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
That's the thing though, you can't compare the development of Dreams to other games imo. It's a game that is also capable of creating entirely new games, in any genre, any kind of perspective, in any style you can imagine and not just games but also music and movies. Expecting this to work with no problems within 24 months is how you get crap like Project Spark. As bad as I want Dreams I want them to take as much time as possible, there's literally no one else that makes the type of games they do at the quality they do. It taking a long time doesn't = they're having problems, especially when they've been so open about the games development and progress.

All the gloom and doom talk or "concern" around Dreams is unwarranted if you ask me.

guess we have to agree to disagree till the games out. it was either anounced prematurely or has developement issues imo.

also it was anounced in 2013 even before te ps4 was out btw, not in 2015

Last edited:

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for this. I'm most likely gonna get up early and go to the city to watch this at the theater in NY. I missed E3 so this will make up for it.

Bongodaddy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why they even bother with these pre-shows. To me the announcements within fall in one of two categories: either they're underwhelming and you forget about them as soon as they're off the screen, or else they're good enough that you wonder why they didn't just put them into the show proper. It's not like Sony's press conferences are filled to the brim with awesome announcements every time anyway, so why waste any quality reveals on a low key pre-show instead of making the show itself that little bit better.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
The E3 orchestras were amazing though.
indeed

37995505881_58dd9023ea_o.gif

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I'm keeping my expectations low. Sony and their 3rd party partners usually save their big non-E3 reveals for PSX or the Game Awards and I can't imagine this will be any different. I'm expecting mostly PSVR and downloadable games, nothing AAA.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why they even bother with these pre-shows. To me the announcements within fall in one of two categories: either they're underwhelming and you forget about them as soon as they're off the screen, or else they're good enough that you wonder why they didn't just put them into the show proper. It's not like Sony's press conferences are filled to the brim with awesome announcements every time anyway, so why waste any quality reveals on a low key pre-show instead of making the show itself that little bit better.

Yeah, I didn't even know about Undertale until weeks after E3 when it would have been pretty exciting to show even a quick trailer at E3. Sony's promotion decisions are baffling to say the least.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Why do people always want and expect Sony to have new IPs? Like, they already have a ton of new IPs, yet you guys still want more?
Yeah, I always find this weird. Even during PS3's last year they gave us The Last of Us and Puppeteer. We got Horizon this year and they're working on Detroid and Days Gone. There's also Death Stranding if you want to count that one.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
i told that with intended irony, because sony is (propably) the only big company that is focused in story games without mtx. From one point imagine if the last stronghold fails and even in the extreme propability that sony is about to unveil GaaS games, the timing is the worst possible right now so we will have meltdowns from fans.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
you know, i hope it isnt a bad thing. i hope the game comes out and ends up being great.

but when you say there is no evidence that its in dev hell, i have to disagree

What evidence do you have to suggest that it's been in dev hell though? It hasn't shifted studios, game direction hasn't changed, they haven't just entered production nor has it been slowed down or stopped, they've been hiring more people, they actively streamed the development progress. from 2015 - 2017, Jim Ryan even said everything is going fine and we will see more this year, they have people actively going to the studio to try the game out w/ people tweeting about how much they enjoy it and we are a day away from new info.

So about that dev hell tho? Also it was revealed at E3 2015. In 2013 all they showed was a glimpse of sculpting, no title, no nothing. :p

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people always want and expect Sony to have new IPs? Like, they already have a ton of new IPs, yet you guys still want more?

Well, new IP's are the most interesting announcements most of time, so of course people want more. I mean, just look at Horizon: Zero Dawn. That was infinitely more exciting than a new Killzone would've been.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Well, new IP's are the most interesting announcements most of time, so of course people want more. I mean, just look at Horizon: Zero Dawn. That was infinitely more exciting than a new Killzone would've been.
well honestly, I was talking about, why don't people ask other companies? it's always just Sony that is asked to make new IPs and they're like the Kings of new IPs, yet people still want more?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I really want another Infamous game, this time full blown open world and not just a chunk of Seattle.