• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thadeus

Oct 27, 2017
It would be a safe assumption that Detroit and WiLD be there since they are developers based in France. I would imagine Dreams would be present as well since we have not heard from them in a while. I think this is understandable considering they are a small team (50 people based in the UK).

Still waiting on my dream for either a Onimusha or Tenchu game for the new generation =(
Really interested to know what FromSotfware are working on as well.

Kyle

Oct 25, 2017
Oakland, CA
I totally lost track of when this conference was. So great to have a potentially really great conference in a couple days. Really hyped for the 7 new games. :D

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Going to try to watch this at lunch hopefully I can just listen to the pre show and not miss much.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Actually, I think Capcom could do more timed-exclusive things in the future IF the rumours are true and they have big financial problems.
So that means Deep Down will be a exclusive, a GaaS that Sony wants.
Dead Rising is for now Dead but I think they could develop a Resident Evil game only for PSVR since 7 had some great Reviews.

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, I think Capcom could do more timed-exclusive things in the future IF the rumours are true and they have big financial problems.
So that means Deep Down will be a exclusive, a GaaS that Sony wants.
Dead Rising is for now Dead but I think they could develop a Resident Evil game only for PSVR since 7 had some great Reviews.
I wonder if they're working on that a large portion played in vr so I wonder if they're working on a like spinoff resident evil

Oct 27, 2017
Vienna
I expect maybe some more remaster announcements to specifically counter microsofts good PR with backwards compatibility. I imagine, Demon Souls Remasters, and Heavenly Sword Remaster, and maybe even an exclusive Red Dead Redemption Remaster.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony triple whammy's with a PS4 slim,pro and psvr price drop doesn't even say how much announces a drop and walks off stage

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Wild, Dreams, new VR games ? hopefully they have some good things lined up. :)

Really want them to finally show Sucker Punch's new game but I have a feeling they might save it for PSX instead.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"E3 was only half the story"... you got to be kidding me lol.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for some new info on Dreams and maybe a alpha/beta announcement.

ahktang

Oct 28, 2017
Bellevue, wa
who's watching the 8am (pacific) early show? or are you waiting till the good stuff starts at 9:00? you think we'll miss anything cool if we skip the pre-show?

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I almost forgot about this show. I'm really hoping for at least one big reveal but being so close PSX I don't know if I will get. Looking forward to it either way!

Oct 25, 2017
A price drop for PS4 / PS4 Pro for the holiday season would be a smart move.
Sony is gonna wait it out to see how Scorpio does honestly.
If they see lots of traction for the thing, expect $199, $299 slim/pro respectively on Black Friday.

MS can't do shit with Scorpio price. I wouldn't be surprised if they are losing money on that machine at that price, so Sony can go hard during the holidays.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Sony has not focus just on E3 in a long time now.
Not really, E3 was the focus until this year. This year's E3 was absolutely horrible. It was always where the biggest games were announced. One of the stupidest things Sony has done was not announcing their big games at E3 this year. E3 is still the biggest gaming related event, by miles.

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
I REALLY hope we get more info on what has become of Wild. Such an amazing and beautiful reveal followed by such silence. BGaE2 news or footage would be amazing as well.

As far as new games, surprise me! ;)

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Not really, E3 was the focus until this year. This year's E3 was absolutely horrible. It was always where the biggest games were announced. One of the stupidest things Sony has done was not announcing their big games at E3 this year. E3 is still the biggest gaming related event, by miles.
Eh? They had big announcements at PSX, VGA, and PGW.

They dont save everything for E3 anymore.

HONDA

Oct 27, 2017
i think saving big announcement throughout the year is smart it keeps people talking about the system instead blowing it all at E3.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is gonna wait it out to see how Scorpio does honestly.
If they see lots of traction for the thing, expect $199, $299 slim/pro respectively on Black Friday.

MS can't do shit with Scorpio price. I wouldn't be surprised if they are losing money on that machine at that price, so Sony can go hard during the holidays.

Kohl's Black Friday ad already leaked. $199 PS4 Slim's and $189 Xbox One S's. We should see those prices across retailers with some games depending on the store.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I want to be surprised with a Helldivers 2 announcement. It'd be cool to see that iterated and expanded upon.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
i think saving big announcement throughout the year is smart it keeps people talking about the system instead blowing it all at E3.
It's really not, E3 is the biggest gaming event, literally all eyes are on it in the gaming world, from the general public, to YouTubers, and to hardcore gamers. It's the only gaming event in where you have that. PSX, PGW, TGS, those conferences will always be watched by only hardcore gamers. If you don't have enough game annoucements for E3 and you want to spread them, then don't hold those conferences, because it pretty much makes E3 useless, and that is one of the stupidest things you can do. If The Last of Us Part II was announced at E3 this year, it would have been 100x more impactful than PSX. It's better for their games overall to be announced at E3 since it will give them more exposure.

EDIT: And looking this years E3, it was pretty much useless.

Oct 25, 2017
It's really not, E3 is the biggest gaming event, literally all eyes are on it in the gaming world, from the general public, to YouTubers, and to hardcore gamers. It's the only gaming event in where you have that. PSX, PGW, TGS, those conferences will always be watched by only hardcore gamers. If you don't have enough game annoucements for E3 and you want to spread them, then don't hold those conferences, because it pretty much makes E3 useless, and that is one of the stupidest things you can do. If The Last of Us Part II was announced at E3 this year, it would have been 100x more impactful than PSX. It's better for their games overall to be announced at E3 since it will give them more exposure.

EDIT: And looking this years E3, it was pretty much useless.
Got to disagree. Sony has content for US, Asia, and Europe with some overlap thrown in there. It makes sense to focus in on specific areas depending on the particular game. It also gives developers more time to prepare their game for a showing. If a dev isn't quite ready once E3 rolls around, they can push it to PSX, for example.

The reveal trailer for TLoU II has ~13M views between the PS channel and the MathChief guy who got the vid up early. How much more "impact" are you saying it would have had?