• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Is it normal to negotiate timed exclusivity for a game two years out? Not really familiar with how these things work.

Also yeah, no chance it isn't a timed exclusive at the minimum to Xbox Series S/X if MS really wanna keep it multiplat. I'm personally expecting it to be a full-blown exclusive to move consoles.

EDIT: Forgot about FFVIIR, LMAO! Ignore me.

Last edited:

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
ETQrGiUXgAAl1d9.jpg

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
As a PC gamer, I'm happy this fell through. At least with Microsoft I know what to expect. Sony's exclusivity contracts are always vague and annoying.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This next gen battlefield is absurd, really. Sony trying to negotiate exclusive deal after exclusive deal and MS buying up half the industry. Gen 9 will definitely change the gaming landscape a good deal.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Final Fantasy VII remake was announced as a timed exclusive 5 years before it was out.
Damn yeah, forgot about that LMAO. Starfield will probs be showed off more in June next year so it makes sense. We'll get news on platforms then I'm guessing.

They bought the the company its a full exclusive

What is happening around here
Yeah no shit, people were still pushing the idea that it might be a timed exclusive because MS don't want to miss out on profits but it'll be a full exclusive.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably did not push through based on the release. Xbox mentioned Starfield. Would be embarrassing if it had an exclusivity of some sort with Sony.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it normal to negotiate timed exclusivity for a game two years out? Not really familiar with how these things work.

Also yeah, no chance it isn't a timed exclusive at the minimum to Xbox Series S/X. I'm personally expecting it to be a full-blown exclusive to move consoles.
They bought the the company its a full exclusive

What is happening around here

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
That would have been a huge get as well.

I wonder how Sony got a hold of the news, like Bethesda going like "mmmm well, let us ask around, we'll get to you in two weeks ;)"

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
As a PC gamer I'm glad this got kiboshed then, sick to death of this shit

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I wonder where Sony is going to look up and open their warchest.

If they try moneyhatting a big ass western game, you can bet the likes of EA, Warner Bros or Ubisoft to ask a tremendous amount of money, like a lot.

As a PC gamer I'm glad this got kiboshed then, sick to death of this shit

Aye, at least we can rule out Bethesda from the timed exclusivity shit now.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn yeah, forgot about that LMAO. Starfield will probs be announced in June next year so it makes sense.

Yeah no shit, people were still pushing the idea that it might be a timed exclusive because MS don't want to miss out on profits but it'll be a full exclusive.
Sorry misread the end of your post - apologies

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If true, Sony got their fingers badly burnt. What was supposed to be a mid-gen feather in their cap has turned into an almost-certain perma-exclusive for their biggest rivals.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
This next gen battlefield is absurd, really. Sony trying to negotiate exclusive deal after exclusive deal and MS buying up half the industry. Gen 9 will definitely change the gaming landscape a good deal.

And this site is full of people trumpeting these deals as a good thing for reasons unknown

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
From negotiating a timed exclusivity to not even getting the game on your platform.

Microsoft really pulled Sony's leg on this one.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
As Jim was walking towards the office, he saw Phil leave at the same time. Phil just looked at Jim and winked