• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
INZONE still sounds like a cheap Walmart brand for gaming gear, but I'm down for high quality gaming headsets.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
What if the "elite" controller is a part of this effort and is targeting PC users and doesn't use any Playstation branding/tech?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This gamer branding is definitely gamer branding. 150% chance the rear of the monitor has a blue glowing ring similar to the Samsung Odyssey line.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Pulse3D are nice, but earcups are bit too small for my ears. So maybe I'll upgrade if these new models are better and not too pricey.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
INZONE still sounds like a cheap Walmart brand for gaming gear, but I'm down for high quality gaming headsets.

I don't know what's better/worse. Their penchant to name consumer products after router models (e.g. WF-1000XM4) or INZONE, something you buy off AliExpress.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
What if the "elite" controller is a part of this effort and is targeting PC users and doesn't use any Playstation branding/tech?

It is from a different division right? So not guaranteed it would have dualsense features or touchpad.

I mean I was surprised their highest priced H9 headset doesn't have haptic feedback, like a few other headsets.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Bizzare that this isn't a PS led endeavour... You have one of the biggest gaming brands in the world and you decide to make lame gamer(tm) branded stuff instead?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bizzare that this isn't a PS led endeavour... You have one of the biggest gaming brands in the world and you decide to make lame gamer(tm) branded stuff instead?
It's meant to be a multi-platform endeavor, so it makes sense to put it under Sony branding instead of PlayStation branding.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, it's weird. Especially since they actually release their games on PC now. Should be able to use the Playstation brand for that as well.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any third party controllers that work both with PS5 and PC?
Maybe this could signal the start of opening up the platform to 3rd party peripherals?

I haven't been paying attention but I remember PS4 controllers working with some next-gen games when PS5 launched, but then they patched it out and only DualSense worked from then on.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It would be wild if it didn't have the features, and wilder if they didn't support it on the PS5 itself, although I actually hope it's from a separate division/design team as it might actually be comfortable for me to use.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I already found my Zone

WIPEOUT%E2%84%A2-OMEGA-COLLECTION_20170603164705.jpg

It'll be interesting to see the new hardware though.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
PS is one of the top ten brands in the US (and pretty high up globally). PS should be their gaming brand especially as PS becomes more and more platform agnostic
PlayStation is their gaming brand, and people know that PlayStation = console. Sony is doing this under their own new brand so INZONE or whatever = all platforms, including PlayStation.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to think far back. A different Sony division has done this before where they release gaming related stuff with no input or calibration with the PlayStation division. I don't think it was the Sony Online studio stuff, but something else.

Fake edit- I might have it flipped.. it might have been that Sony PlayStation 3D TV.. it had PlayStation branding, and it sure as hell didn't look like no Sony Bravia built TV lol.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
If there's any benefit to using this over the PlayStation Gold headphones or the XM3's, I'll definitely consider them if the price isn't too crazy.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
If there's any benefit to using this over the PlayStation Gold headphones or the XM3's, I'll definitely consider them if the price isn't too crazy.
PS branded headphones have awful build quality and fall apart. Don't know how durable these are but they should at least have better sound and mic quality.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wonder if the high end ones will incorporate some of Sony's ANC tech from their WH series. For those pricepoints, I'm doubtful, but it would be neat to see, even if I'm not exactly a potential customer myself (I have a universal headset i'm happy with that works across all of my consoles).

I really want the rumored pro controller that Sony is supposedly working on. I love back pedal buttons so much.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to think far back. A different Sony division has done this before where they release gaming related stuff with no input or calibration with the PlayStation division. I don't think it was the Sony Online studio stuff, but something else.

Fake edit- I might have it flipped.. it might have been that Sony PlayStation 3D TV.. it had PlayStation branding, and it sure as hell didn't look like no Sony Bravia built TV lol.
You could also be thinking of PSX which was released under Sony Corporation

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
That sure is a name choice.

Prefer open back headphones myself.

Wonder if the high end ones will incorporate some of Sony's ANC tech from their WH series. For those pricepoints, I'm doubtful, but it would be neat to see, even if I'm not exactly a potential customer myself (I have a universal headset i'm happy with that works across all of my consoles).

I really want the rumored pro controller that Sony is supposedly working on. I love back pedal buttons so much.
The H9 does have ANC according to that article.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
PS branded headphones have awful build quality and fall apart. Don't know how durable these are but they should at least have better sound and mic quality.
Mine have been going strong for 4 years now, luckily. I don't have a problem with them, but if there's a notable step up in quality with these In Zone headsets, I'll bite.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
You could also be thinking of PSX which was released under Sony Corporation

No I remember PSX... it looked like a legit Sony product... with the Sony Tax price lol. But was an obvious improvement over what they had already in the PS2.

With these Sony headsets, it just seems like they could have added more regarding features, especially for the price. We'll see when they get officially announced and we know more about them.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Mmmk they seem to have gone for the cringey PC gaming style of advertising #GameOn

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
there's no "maybe" about it. this is the official launch of their INZONE product line. I'd expect your regular tech bloggers YouTubers and possibly even twitch streamers to have videos going up next week too with hands on impressions.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017

Connope

Mar 6, 2022