• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
vivftp

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
OP
OP
vivftp

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Damn that's a tempting deal. I'm still sufficiently happy with my XZ Premium, or else I would probably jump on it.

With the prospect of 5G, folding displays and a 6 camera setup (well, 5 + 1 ToF) possibly in Xperia's near future I feel I have to wait. Just hope I can also score an similarly good bundle deal when I upgrade :D

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SRG01 it's not coming to Canada. Do you live in Ontario? There is a phone seller that will be selling it in toronto. Although Amazon.com comes to less after import fees and conversion I think.

Deleted member 22407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My WH-1000XM3s arrived today, got them free as I pre ordered the Xperia 1 in the UK... ohh lordy where have you been all my life.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
p1g-desktop-2x-copy-9ed31fe286b33e513c0dfdbe53282c5d-us-v4-253e90a0133efe2cb900ec69603e9b39-43816d4d945127921dade1d07b70ab06.jpg

US pre-orders are live with WH-1000XM3 bundle through the following retailers in both Black and Purple

Best Buy (Add both Xperia 1 and WH-1000XM3 to cart to get the bundle price)
Black X1
Purple X1
1000XM3/B
1000XM3/S

BH Photo Video
Black X1 + 1000XM3/B
Purple X1 + 1000XM3/B

Focus Camera
Black X1 + 1000XM3/B | Black X1 + 1000XM3/S
Purple X1 + 1000XM3/B | Purple X1 + 1000XM3/S

BuyDig
Black X1 + 1000XM3/B | Black X1 + 1000XM3/S
Purple X1 + 1000XM3/B | Purple X1 + 1000XM3/S

Last edited:
OP
OP
vivftp

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks KBadOne, I'll add that info to the OP

Also, looks like UnboxTherapy is going to have their Xperia 1 review up soon

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had it pre-ordered with Amazon but cancelled once I heard about this deal. Amazon isn't doing the deal apparently(I reached out to them and asked). I went with BHPhotoVideo because they import to Canada.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I don't need a new phone yet, but am anxiously watching to see if the Xperia 1 begins to change people's minds about the brand.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, you can order at amazon with the headphones. I think they ship the headphones first? Which is super weird.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Swayed by the headphones deal, I'll be picking this up. Just waiting on the phone now, the xm3s are alright so far

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
I am a bit ignorant about unlocked phones. Does buying this unlicked mean that I take it to a service provider to set it up with their service? I am currently with Cricket and would prefer to stay with them.

Correct, so let's say you bought this phone and used it on Cricket and decided to switch to Verizon for example. The Phone can still accept other sim cards other than Cricket and be used on their Network and vice versa

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could get this via TMobile. Love my S10 but would absolutely try this out...especially if the headphones come with.

(Not buying full price unlocked due to work reasons)

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I think I may buy this, but one of the things that is bugging me about the reviews is no one is mentioning anything about productivity. All they check is if Youtube works.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
Received my 1000XM3 today from Best Buy 😁. Still waiting on the Purple X1 to be shipped out, looks like it's on backorder for some reason !

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I hope Sony mobile will be around for a little bit longer for 2-3 more version of flagship lol. While I lover the idea of 21:9 but I want an uncompromising 2160p H.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I went ahead and pre-ordered with headphones. Purple was sold out, unfortunately. I will probably sell my Vita and games to recoup some of my losses.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
I went ahead and pre-ordered with headphones. Purple was sold out, unfortunately. I will probably sell my Vita and games to recoup some of my losses.

Nice! where did you end up buying it from? Best Buy is sold out of the Purple color! I am shocked actually! I was able to manage to reserve one purple a week ago. I am gonna end up selling the headphones since I already got a pair of them and sell me XZ3 to make up for the price.

Edit: looks like Amazon is sold out of Purple model as well! Focus Camera and BHPhoto are still taking pre-orders for it.

Last edited:

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! where did you end up buying it from? Best Buy is sold out of the Purple color! I am shocked actually! I was able to manage to reserve one purple a week ago. I am gonna end up selling the headphones since I already got a pair of them and sell me XZ3 to make up for the price.

Edit: looks like Amazon is sold out of Purple model as well! Focus Camera and BHPhoto are still taking pre-orders for it.
Yeah. I got it from Amazon. Prime rewards gave me 50 dollars out of it. So, it made sense to get it from there over Best Buy. I wanted the silver edition, but it is only being sold by 3rd parties. Ultimately, I am just going to cover it in a case anyway. I tend to toss my electronics in my backpack (I have cracked 2 Kindle screens over the years).

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I went with bhphoto as they had the lowest quoted import fees and still offered headphones. The silver one looks amazing so it's a shame it isn't available in the West but I'm sure I'll be happy wirh my black one. Today's launch day so that means I gotta painfully wait for it to ship out to me now.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
My phone won't ship out till the 15th from Best Buy! And add 2-3 days till it arrives 😒...

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. I got it from Amazon. Prime rewards gave me 50 dollars out of it. So, it made sense to get it from there over Best Buy. I wanted the silver edition, but it is only being sold by 3rd parties. Ultimately, I am just going to cover it in a case anyway. I tend to toss my electronics in my backpack (I have cracked 2 Kindle screens over the years).

I am the complete opposite, very delicate with my gadgets, I try my best to keep them in close to mint condition. Is the $50 back is because of Prime Day promo?

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Got it. Wow does it feel nice in hand. It's so long, like those old memes with really long pictures haha

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Sony always has some sexy phones. It's a shame cause I just can't trust the quality especially the software and I can't stand the customer service.

Also the phones are usually pricey.

This phone is sexy

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Sony always has some sexy phones. It's a shame cause I just can't trust the quality especially the software and I can't stand the customer service.

Also the phones are usually pricey.

This phone is sexy

I don't understand the complaint on the software, Sony is one of the one that has the least amount of bloat and is pretty close to Stock Google.

Customer service is changing because of their restructuring, and focusing on Asia.

Got my Xperia 1 too, still getting used to the long panel, keep on swiping up at the older area.

July update should fix some issue that people have, but is only out in China and Russia so far I think.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the complaint on the software, Sony is one of the one that has the least amount of bloat and is pretty close to Stock Google.

Customer service is changing because of their restructuring, and focusing on Asia.

Got my Xperia 1 too, still getting used to the long panel, keep on swiping up at the older area.

July update should fix some issue that people have, but is only out in China and Russia so far I think.
How do you feel about the display for non 21:9 content? For me it's not as jarring as I thought, but still off-putting since I don't view content in the aspect ratio often. Not going to keep the phone, but it's a killer if you make the most of it. Hope Sony can bring this quality in a smaller size in the future!

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
How do you feel about the display for non 21:9 content? For me it's not as jarring as I thought, but still off-putting since I don't view content in the aspect ratio often. Not going to keep the phone, but it's a killer if you make the most of it. Hope Sony can bring this quality in a smaller size in the future!

Like I said, still getting use to it~~
I don't use it to watch movie and stuff, mainly to play game, use Line and read website and news site

For game, they blacken the left side, so I put the sony game button there, but when I try to leave, I keep on swiping that instead of the edge.