• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
This is to discuss which game you personally believe is the best that Sony's first party studios created. I left out Bloodborne since it was of a collaborative effort with From Software, and I would say the bulk was accomplished by the outside studio.

I really feel like God of War is the best Sony has done, probably the best game they have ever created. I never thought SSM would be the one to set the bar for the games they produce with how amazing Naughty Dog has been, Not to say Uncharted 4 and Horizon are that far behind, they are amazing games in their own ways as well.

Still I'd like to see what you guys think

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played GOW yet, but it's Bloodborne OP

EDIT: I suppose technically it wasn't first party

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I played all three for the first time in the last two weeks.

It's God of War easy.

Horizon is pretty cool too all things considered. UC4 was a slog. Pretty though.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn is great, Uncharted 4 is good and I haven't played GoW yet but with the hype it has created here man oh man I'm expecting magic.

So yeah HZD.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
God of War without a doubt for me. The other two aren't bad games, not at all, they're just not amazing games like God of War.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
God of War > Unchated 4 >>> Horizon

God of War really out Naught Dog'd Naughty Dog in a lot of ways. I still really liked Unchated 4, but I'm eager to see what they can do with a project that (presumably) isn't suffering from major production and creative issues.
Horizon personally doesn't even rate with the other two games for me, even though I recognize it as a polished and quality game. It's just not my bag.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
This is too hard. They're all great in very different ways.

It's actually funny how "Sony game" is becoming a bit of a trope now. Video footage makes them look pretty similar (third person, polished, narrative focus), but playing them is such a very different experience in each case. Apples and oranges!

But I guess I'll say personally I'd probably go Horizon > God of War > Uncharted 4 > Uncharted LL. But I love all of them.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
HZD had an atrocious narrative that was doled out through exposition and boring hologram lore dumps. The combat was amazing though as were the visuals.

Uncharted was great but ran too long and there were too many repetitive sequences.

GoW's backtracking was mildly irritating but it's probably got the least issues of the 3 games.

Oct 25, 2017
Not to undermine the OP but imo it's The Last Guardian.

Within the OP's boundaries though, I think I would take Horizon, with GoW hot on its heels.

Angel DvA

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne (9/10) ----> Horizon (7.5/10) --> GOW (7/10) ------------------> UC4 (6/10)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I only find Horizon to be a good game out of this list. It has excellent combat and a reasonably good story. The voice acting is also pretty good!

I didn't like this new God of War at all and found it lacking in a number of areas. I don't think that Uncharted in general is good in terms of gameplay, and I don't find the characters or story engaging in those games.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm being honest I don't think any of them are that great (not nearly as great as most seem to think anyway), but I think both Uncharted 4 and GoW are solid 7.5-8's. Horizon doesn't even factor in it for me. I'd put something like Gravity Rush 2 over any of them even though that one has issues as well, being overlong and having shit sidequests. Does Until Dawn count? Because that was great.

/edit: Oh we're counting Bloodborne? No contest then. Bloodborne it is.

/edit2: Oh shoot Last Guardian is also in the running right? I might have to yet again scratch my choice and say that.

Really, the game in the op are the most boring ones ;)

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played GOW yet, but it's Bloodborne OP

EDIT: I suppose technically it wasn't first party
Technically technically, as in the official legal and business, Bloodborne is very much a first party game. "Second party" is not an official term, and was invented by internet forums to distinguish between studios owned by the publishers and studios that are independent contractors.

coryschmitz

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Personally...
  1. The Last Guardian
  2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  4. Gravity Rush 2
  5. God of War
  6. Horizon Zero Dawn
Love all of them. If Bloodborne was allowed it would be my #1 though lol.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's God of War > Bloodborne ≥ The Last Guardian >>>> Uncharted 4 >> Horizon.

danlher

Nov 1, 2017
For me it's Horizon: Zero Dawn without a question.

U4 it's amazing but it's "only" the perfection of the formula, like Lost Legacy that went a couple steps even further than U4.

GoW is amazing, don't get me wrong and I'm having a blast playing it, but it didn't wowed me like H:ZD constantly did.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God of War, but I'm not a big fan of any of 'em

Now if you'd added Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, we'd be talkin'

(Bloodborne)

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Horizon > God of War > Uncharted 4, for me at least.

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adventure: God of War
Racing: GT Sport

Feels unfair to pit the genres against eachother.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I am not done with God of War. So far it is good but not on the same tier as Horizon or Bloodbourne which are my top two. Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy combined would be up there. Uncharted 4 by itself has too poor pacing and too little game play too make it.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
God of war
Horizon
Uncharted 4

In that order, if you add lost legacy to uncharted 4 put that at the top.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
My current order (excluding third party exclusives and games I haven't played) is:

Horizon
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Uncharted 4

I haven't played God of War, and I'm not sure if I'm going to. I've no doubt it's a good game, but I genuinely couldn't be less interested in the premise--I've always hated Kratos, and giving him a son and yet another dead wife does absolutely fuck all for me as an idea.

I might try it, eventually, but I'm in no hurry.

Last edited:

Jokegeta

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
God Of War> Uncharted LL> Uncharted 4> Horizon Zero Dawn> Ratchet and Clank> Blood Borne

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
God of War is easily the best game out of those three imo.

Horizon was a pretty major disappointment for me. Still a good game though.