• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
ActWan said:
SIE aims to achieve robust revenue growth by accelerating the virtuous cycle that has been established for the PlayStation Platform. This entails increasing active users and play time, enhancing network services and reinforcing content IP so that consumers select PlayStation as their platform of choice.
Targeted outcomes include growth in active users, stronger retention and a shorter cash conversion cycle, from which expanded cash flow can be expected.
We will explore expanding our 1st party titles to the PC platform, in order to promote further growth in our profitability

Posted by ArmGunar in the PlayStation OT, alongside a lot of other data.

The only thing I have to say is, gimme Driveclub at 60FPS, cowards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
XZQdYMz.jpg

PC + current nintendo console continues to be the best combo imo.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
That's pretty neat, I wonder what they're going to do next. Also please for the love of god don't release buggy messes like Horizon until it works well.

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Report is still 30th June data

We are yet to see what's their take on horizon sales ( Armgunner mentioned as well)

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I imagine there will always be a 2-3 year delay, but still a really smart move them. Hopefully all the big PS4 games make their way to PC over the next few years, and ports of PS5 stuff becomes routine after that standard couple-of-year wait.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unpopular opinion but I like exclusives existing, makes games feel more special imo. I get to say that because I'm privileged enough to own everything so I never miss out on games anyway. This is good news though for other people. Hell, even I'll be happy if it means we get Bloodborne on PC.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Wonder if people will try to claim this "devalues" the games lol.
Of course. You have to know the crowd, and with this one...... Oof. Guess Sony's not giving us a reason to buy a PS5 if all their exclusives will be on PC, like how people say about Xbox.

It'll be interesting to see how this narrative shifts with only-Sony fans.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Is this the thread where I'm legally allowed to port beg? If so, I got a massive list to gush about...

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes.

PC + current nintendo console continues to be the best combo imo.
For me PC + PS. It's nice to have the few games they port, but who knows which games will be ported, when, and the quality of the port. There's still a ton of PS games that aren't ported, or will take ages to be ported.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Way too delayed to make people keep investing in the Playstaiton ecosystem. But it's nice for really late player to experience their games. They're usually really great.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good. I don't want to have a billion different hardware when the worthwile true exclusives on either platform aren't that many, certainly not enough for a bulky extra piece of hardware taking up room everywhere.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Captain obvious. Eventually they'll extend PSN into their games that are ported to PC and push the cloud / currated sub services also. For now, they just need to balance it so the core of their business ie PS5 console market is primary

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
can I get uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shadow of the colossus remake on PC

please

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
For me PC + PS. It's nice to have the few games they port, but who knows which games will be ported, when, and the quality of the port. There's still a ton of PS games that aren't ported, or will take ages to be ported.

Yeah but not having a current Nintendo system means you miss out on all Nintendo exclusives. Think about the amount of exclusives the Switch has. Nintendo 1st party outclasses everyone else by a significant margin. Neither here nor there though.

Sony expanding their market if good for their business. So it's a smart idea.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
That is nice to hear for the PC only crowd. I would be disappointed however, if there was at least not a PS5 port for the titles in question down the line.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Horizon was just a one off to promote the sequel?

Yeah, I know. That's just a wishful thinking from fanboys.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
An Uncharted collection feels like an obvious choice. Sony have long since made their money on those titles and it would be easy to find a market for them on Steam.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Of course they will. And in the mid to long term, you can expect day and date or close to day and date releases.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Business is all about revenue and profit growth. Sony will likely peak soon in this regard with their current model, especially with strengthening competition. So they need to look at other avenues for their growth, and PC ports are easy money and pose relatively low cannibalisation risk. So we can expect more for sure.. but I expect them to accelerate slowly in this area with care, and certainly wouldn't be expecting the next God of War on PC day one or even year one.