• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I'm expecting a shadowdrop or thereabouts (i.e. give or take a few weeks). Belated ports don't need marketing campaigns, especially in this day and age, especially when the game in question is years old, and especially when said game is a AAA title or one otherwise held in high regard. Announce it, maybe give a bit of time for previews to pop up and circulate, and then release it.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well if there is a Sony Launcher and we need to pay for PS+ to play our PS digital library, I'll take it.
But you wouldn't because they would never give a play anywhere version of all their first party games when no such work has been done to port them. At the very most you'd have PS Now and the ability to stream those games. Unless you expect them to spend millions of dollars and human hours for you to pay a minimal amount per month to play those games in 8k?

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting a shadowdrop or thereabouts (i.e. give or take a few weeks). Belated ports don't need marketing campaigns, especially in this day and age, especially when the game in question is years old, and especially when said game is a AAA title or one otherwise held in high regard. Announce it, maybe give a bit of time for previews to pop up and circulate, and then release it.
I would not expect a shadow drop. Horizon zero Dawn coming to PC is a pretty big deal.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe console versions will be announced later this year. Since the game is not out yet.