• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_mghc4yYxaK1ry10fwo1_400.gif

lol this is turning into a thread for the ages, its gonna be as memorable as the ffXIII coming to xbox 360 thread from GAF

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's the natural progression of things. Sony will make more money from it too and be able to fund more games like that. People should be happy about this. If you like it on PlayStation then buy it on PlayStation. No one is taking that away.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
Now I'm really hoping this extends to all PlayStation games. Bloodborne and God of War are the obvious candidates but also more obscure games like The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 would benefit from being on PC. Games coming to PC at launch would be the dream.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I really don't see much of a point in supporting the PS5 if its exclusives continue to bleed to PC. I would much rather be able to play Naughty Dog and Insomniac games AND Double Fine and Obsidian games without buying two virtually overlapping consoles that I don't have room for in my house. At that point I might as well just bite the bullet and replace my dead-ass PC.

It'll probably cost about the same as both consoles AND not come with two overlapping online taxes. :/

I read all of your posts throughout the thread and to be honest I don't understand at all why you are so bummed out by this. If you want to play games on PS5 then nothing has changed for you, in fact higher sales might lead to bigger budgets and increased scope for the games you play. If you want to play games on PC then another great new option has just opened up for you. It seems like a win-win situation for everyone.

Playstation exclusives being available on PC doesn't necessarily mean that the PS platform has lost any value. It is still a turnkey gaming solution suitable for those who want such an experience.

CanisMajoris

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sony first party games will absolutely utilize the customized memory controller and I/O for SSD in PS5 and if those games eventually come to PC, minimum requirements will differ from 3rd party games.

I suppose there could be lower graphics options but those games will be utilizing customized tech for more complex and dynamic gameplay mechanics and scale of the world so turning down few settings won't help.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you're legit worried about PlayStation because of this, you're a fanboy. You're getting worked up over a product; you're too emotionally invested. Stop being dumb.

"Our brand"

Some of y'all on these forums are just too far gone. Also, who said this by the by. Name and shame, name and shame, name and shame.

Last edited:

Deto

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
PC gamers who only play exclusives on PlayStation are not buying in to the ecosystem. They are not going to be subscribing to PS Plus. They are not going to be buying multiplats there. Because they are PC gamers, who are only playing exclusives on PlayStation because they have no other way of playing them.

So it makes sense for Sony to target PC gamers on their home turf instead, and bring the PlayStation ecosystem to their home turf. Rather than selling them a loss leading piece of hardware that will only get used for 2-3 exclusives per year.

options:

Sell Spiderman PS4 to a PC player who bought PS4 only to play spiderman:
- 100% of spiderman's revenue for Sony.

Sell Spiderman on STEAM
- 30% of revenue for Valve

It seems to make more money from the software by giving 30% of the revenue to Valve and not earning 100% of the revenue by selling it on PS4 to a person who will buy PS4 just to play spiderman.

LOL

Push an unreal narrative.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to make more money from the software by giving 30% of the revenue to Valve and not earning 100% of the revenue by selling it on PS4 to a person who will buy PS4 just to play spiderman.
Yes because of volume. The amount of PC only gamers who will now buy Spider-Man on PC, is far greater than the PC gamers who will eventually buy a PS4 to play Spider-Man.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
options:

Sell Spiderman PS4 to a PC player who bought PS4 only to play spiderman:
- 100% of spiderman's revenue for Sony.

Sell Spiderman on STEAM
- 30% of revenue for Valve

LOL

Push an unreal narrative.
You forget sales from PC people who don't want to get PS4. People who will buy Spiderman PS4 on Steam >>> people who buy PS4 just to play Spiderman.
From that twitter thread:

What the fuck. I must've missed this post ITT. Con someone link pls?
You can google it.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's says in the tweet...

Again, I know but I find stupid the way he says it. I mean what are you implying here? That post is obviously embarrassing as most of this thread is, but you seem to care too much for someone who "has stopped reading that site"

Yeah, fuck that.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If you're legit worried about PlayStation because of this, you're a fanboy. You're getting worked up over a product; you're too emotionally invested. Stop being dumb.

"Our brand"

Some of y'all on these forums are just too far gone. Also, who said this by the by. Name and shame, name and shame, name and shame.
The person got banned

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Again, I know but I find stupid the way he says it. I mean what are you implying here? That post is obviously embarrassing as most of this thread is, but you seem to care too much for someone who "has stopped reading that site"

Yeah, fuck that.
This is all some hardcore projection on your part and is frankly disturbing and embarrassing.

Guy checks Era from time to time, sees a hot topic threads goes in and sees a bad post.

The fact that this somehow makes you react like you are is cause enough for you to reconsider your life.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, fuck that.
Reacting like this is probably the reason he barely visits Era.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is all some hardcore projection on your part and is frankly disturbing and embarrassing.

Guy checks Era from time to time, sees a hot topic threads goes in and sees a bad post.

The fact that this somehow makes you react like you are is cause enough for you to reconsider your life.
Is he your cousin or something?

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice that the PS5 SSD has allowed people to really hone in on a specific part for the "new-gen will be better than PC" narrative, rather than just nebulous talk of graphics or power. Cute.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
With Sony releasing PC games you get all these benefits:
  • Sony make more money and can pool it into making more games.
  • Games are still exclusive console wise so it's not like it's going fully multiplat
  • The games you buy are more future proof in the long term
  • You don't have to buy a new Playstation if you don't need/want one
  • If they do it like Xbox then you can get digital versions on both platforms for one price, which is super convenient with cross play/saves
  • Multiplayer games get a bigger pool of players which can help support games over the longterm
There is no negative really, which is why MS has already gone all in. When cloud gaming comes in fullform everything is gonna be on everything anyway; you can already play God of War via PS Now on PC.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I read all of your posts throughout the thread and to be honest I don't understand at all why you are so bummed out by this. If you want to play games on PS5 then nothing has changed for you, in fact higher sales might lead to bigger budgets and increased scope for the games you play. If you want to play games on PC then another great new option has just opened up for you. It seems like a win-win situation for everyone.

Playstation exclusives being available on PC doesn't necessarily mean that the PS platform has lost any value. It is still a turnkey gaming solution suitable for those who want such an experience.

I think it's a good thing when both Sony and Microsoft have diverse, unique platforms that justify their own existences with wide slates of exclusive games. I have never been a fan of owning two super-similar consoles with similar prices, both of which have their own idiotic online subscription services, just because they each have one or two games that I might want to play at some point. But if that number is like 10 to 20 exclusives, that's a different story - there's a real reason to invest in a platform at that point. I'm sick to death of paying hundreds of dollars for a console and only using it like one or two times because there aren't enough exclusives for it to be worth turning on.

If both Sony and Microsoft are transitioning to a model where nothing is exclusive anymore, I think it would just be for the best if they stop doing distinct consoles in general and transition toward a general single-console model where you pay one price and have access to both of their slates of games. They can compete on the battleground of software instead of hardware, and it also helps customers because they have access to a wider array of games without being forced to clutter their houses with nearly-identical consoles or build an enthusiast-level PC for $1200 or more.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
User Banned (3 days): Hostility and antagonizing multiple members over a series of posts
To be fair, no one would know or care who ZhugeEX was if it wasn't for "this site".