• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
This situation sorta reminds me of the original xbox one pitch where MS was very forward thinking with their plans for the console, but to some people it felt so different that they could never see a console that's always connected and doing a lot more than just playing games as the norm. Compared to today where the majority of consoles are always connected to the internet and used to watch movies on netflix and such.
We've done this song and dance before about why there's a difference between having a mandatory check-in online DRM and being always connected online. One requires you to be online, other doesn't even if you can and are. Also I feel like watching Netflix on consoles is such a colossal waste of energy when most TVs and cheap low powered players like Fire stick can do it better. Not to mention the awkward controls using a game controller. A few years ago I used to have bunch of people in my FL shown as watching Netflix/Youtube but nowadays hardly anyone is seen using it.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pointing out that a random comparison to the behavior of neo-nazis doesn't fit this particular situation=/=whataboutism.
If in comparisons you choose to value something else more than my point in order to can have a ''legit'' argument, this is whataboutism.
Because my point was not to compare the people of those groups, but this exact behavior : ''I am not an elitist because I don't like elitism''.
That was my point.
If you want to believe that my point was to compare straightforward those groups is whataboutism and worse than that.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If in comparisons you choose to value something else more than my point in order to can have a ''legit'' argument, this is whataboutism.
Because my point was not to compare the people of those groups, but this exact behavior I am not an elitist because I don't like elitism.
That was my point.
If you want to believe that my point was to compare straightforward those groups is whataboutism and worse than that.
It was a stupid way to make your point, and your original point has 0 weight.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
We've done this song and dance before about why there's a difference between having a mandatory check-in online DRM and being always connected online. One requires you to be online, other doesn't even if you can and are. Also I feel like watching Netflix on consoles is such a colossal waste of energy when most TVs and cheap low powered players like Fire stick can do it better. Not to mention the awkward controls using a game controller. A few years ago I used to have bunch of people in my FL shown as watching Netflix/Youtube but nowadays hardly anyone is seen using it.
A FL isn't really an indication that people don't use consoles to watch netflix and such. And yes there is a difference between DRM and always being connected. However, we're not too far off from the original pitch. Which is what i'm saying, if they pitch and say titles are coming to pc as part of a "Playstation ecosystem," get some backlash, etc. until it becomes normalized.

Because my point was not to compare the people of those groups, but this exact behavior I am not an elitist because I don't like elitism.
That was my point.
Your original point about elitism made zero sense. That's the issue. Doubling down on it by mentioning neo nazis and how you can't read 9gag why would you even WANT to read 9gag makes even less sense.

Last edited:

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
PC Gaming can be as cheap and expensive as you want it to be - also, the used market for hw makes it very affordable.

But Come on, what does that all have to do with Horizon coming out on PC.
let us talk about all the graphical Problems this Port could fix.
I for one want much better LODs

We can replace that god awful looking kid Aloy model, that thing is nightmare fuel.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
I nominate this thread for thread of all the year. Could be a GOAT thread if it was an official announcement out of nowhere.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine playing the game with a anime character model 😂

I remember playing Nintendo characters in left 4 dead 2 years ago , good times
We ran with Halo Spartans thanks to some excellent modders' attention to detail, it was great. L4D2 is like, the epitome of how modding can change a game for the best.

Here's a dream HZD mod that should be achievable with a few ini tweaks if the gods will it- give me the difficulty of the hardest robodino AI without the totally fucking obnoxious currency increase that occurs. It was one of the few things that felt extremely unbalanced and entirely unfun in HZD's hardest setting, but the enemy AI was at its best. That would be a great mod I'd love to see one day.

Oh and of course this could lead to bringing the GOTG contender Bloodborne to PC kthx

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I visited this thread when this was first announced but hadn't been back till now. Why is this thread still thriving? Seems like a simple announcement.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Nintendo is next.....I'll happily wait until the switch 2 for a late 4k PC port of Fire Emblem 3 Houses and Xenoblade Chronicles 2/DE.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I think we need an official rumor thread about Sony games going to PC. On a side note, the bans. Lol! We need a little ban counter on each thread. That way we can sort meltdowns by it.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
User warned: posting derogatory, ableist meme
Already? It's hasn't even gone one month in this year!
raw

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
All of this over a rumor.

Can't wait to see all the meltdowns if Sony doesn't actually have a conference in February LOL

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I read nazi, elitism, whataboutism and 9gag alone in the first 10 post. What a beautiful discussion.

Frankly I know people hate Smiley's (I do) but they should use it more. Many others interpret posts as a little hostile when they are just making point in a light manner. I know, shit take.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
Cmon Sony announced this already, it will be good test about if ERA servers substructure are strong or not lol.

Seriously, if this happens i hope they are ready for this storm.