• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
nRcufHN.jpg

...jump out while it's not too late

This service is such trash it's not even funny

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Good one Sony you're providing a lot of value to your players.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the idea is to have just 1 service that include both Plus & Now?
Gradually increasing the prices and then merging both the service to make it all look more like a great deal...?
Considering I dont play online at all, next year I will not renew if nothing changes... this is not a service for me at this point.
We can always dream. But the real reason is simple: They are the undisputed market leader in Europe. They raise their prices because they can.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
You must likely won't be able to do that. All PS Plus sales for the past year have been restricted from current subscribers, preventing you from stacking them. However, the last time it was possible was last year's "Days of Play" so there may be an exception here. Just don't go adding funds to the wallet yet.
Not sure if anything has changed now, cause my current sub is until June 2020, I purchased 3 years worth back in 2017 during a sale.

But yeah will wait once the sale starts and see again. If subbing directly doesn't work I will just get the subscription card directly to stack cause there is a promotion for that too (12 months + 3 months).

Here are the promotions for those holding a Singapore account, valid from 7-17 June.

qSESK6R.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anything has changed now, cause my current sub is until June 2020, I purchased 3 years worth back in 2017 during a sale.

But yeah will wait once the sale starts and see again. If subbing directly doesn't work I will just get the subscription card directly to stack cause there is a promotion for that too (12 months + 3 months).

Here are the promotions for those holding a Singapore account, valid from 7-17 June.

qSESK6R.jpg
Yes, cards should work. The store hasn't allowed you to stack Plus on sale since last year's Days of Play which was the last time you could do so. The couple of Plus sales they've done since then (Black Friday, Christmas and one in March this year) they didn't let current subscribers buy extra time.

OP
OP
Warrior of Light
Jan 11, 2018
I've updated the OP with some examples. Feel free to quote me with information on how your country is affected and I'll add that too.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so unimpressed with what PS+ has been for the last several months and now this. If this price hike makes it overseas, I'm not subbing again.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
I hope this subscription model dies soon or at least go back to real value because as of right now, PS Plus is a joke.

OP
OP
Warrior of Light
Jan 11, 2018
That doesn't change the fact that it's factually increasing -again- in those regions.
What's dramatic about that?

"But it doesn't affect me!"

That's how I read it. Prices do in fact seem to be going up in every single country, but not necessarily for every subscription plan. Some countries are hit harder than others.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so unimpressed with what PS+ has been for the last several months and now this. If this price hike makes it overseas, I'm not subbing again.
You won't be playing online then.

The online paywall is where they get most of their subs. They could get rid of the monthly games entirely and wouldn't see many cancellations over it.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
This sucks in general because they've now stripped the service to 2 games but at least the 1 year plans aren't going up. That's what I e always used and maybe that's their goal - to get more ppl to take the yearly sub? Regardless, I do not love ps plus but feel I need to keep it at this point for access to years of free games :/

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
This is bullshit. They got rid of ps3 and vita games for plus, left the ps4 with 2 and the games we get are still cheap as hell.

If it wasn't for Siege, I'd cancel because this is bullshit. Fuck Sony.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah - I won't be resubscribing to PS Plus next time my subscription is up.

The only games I need online for don't require it, and the games aren't really getting my attention.

At this point NSO is a better value proposition lol.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Pretty obvious they want to get people into the long term deals. Binding people to their eco system is way more valuable.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
So, in Germany they're only raising the 1-month-sub from 7.99 to 8.99€. While not that much, this still goes to show that Sony seems to be willing to casually increase prices how they see fit. As the platform holder, they're entitled to actions like these, but to be completely honest they only increase the chance of me personally skipping out on the new PlayStation generation. Already let my Plus sub expire in April and stuff like this doesn't make me want to renew out of principle.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Is there people really paying for this? Holy shit this is getting ridiculous.
I paid 8€ for month so I can try out all the new betas this month but imagine paying monthly, that's significant amount of cash.

Well yes. What the hell else am I gonna do if I want to play with my friends online lol?

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
In Euro countries seems to be only 1€ in the mensal subscription. Its an adjustment to 3M (24,99) became less than 3x1 (3x7,99 = 23,97).
I Have Plus until the end of 2020, the higher I paid was 45 €, in days of play I will buy 1 or 2 year at 40-45€.