• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aldro

Jun 5, 2020
Sweden
Anyone dare to predict what and when we will know? Is it gonna be an Uncharted studio?

I also heard rumors online that it was shut down alongside the PS5 launch. Is it true?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Sony San Diego is working on the MLB game i guess....?

There's a rumoured studio based in San Diego working on something, but we don't know nothing other than "Uncharted 5".

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
EVTb0WyU8AA5SNd.jpg

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Uhhh Sony San Diego is definitely not shut down. Where do people come up with this?

They'll be working on MLB. A series that will probably sell more than double or triple what its done in the past because its going multiplatform now.

OP
OP
Aldro

Aldro

Jun 5, 2020
Sweden
Uhhh Sony San Diego is definitely not shut down. Where do people come up with this?

They'll be working on MLB. A series that will probably sell more than double or triple what its done in the past because its going multiplatform now.
Im referring to the secret new team and not the MLB one, fixed the title

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Sony had another dev team in San Diego but we've seen nothing from them. We don't even know the name of the studio.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
That secret team is surely working on UC5 right? No way they're gunna let that franchise die just because Naughty Dog have moved on, so they may as well 343 it.

Jan 2, 2018
It really is somewhat of a mystery, but we know this- some people that were on this team have left to form a new studio that will be part of Zenimax Online.
My guess is that the project might be dead,I always figured it was a really small team from the first place and a departure of multiple employees doesn't indicate something good,and that really sucks because I really,REALLY,wanted a new Uncharted.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone dare to predict what and when we will know? Is it gonna be an Uncharted studio?
We are expecting a new Uncharted game. All we really know is that it's a 3rd person action adventure game and that they are working together with another PlayStation Studio. So it kinda sounds like it's a new Uncharted.
I also heard rumors online that it was shut down alongside the PS5 launch. Is it true?
No, it isn't.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
They are still posting job listings for the project so no concern that the project has been cancelled.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/senior-game-designer-at-playstation-2261925695/

Are you an experienced game developer with an appetite for high quality, 3rd person, Action/Adventure games? Do you enjoy PlayStation's library of games and their top-tier studios? Have you always known how beautiful San Diego is, but never found an opportunity to live there?

Sony PlayStation is building a new game development team in partnership with the Visual Arts Service Group (VASG) [...]

This high visibility project is being developed in collaboration with a major Sony development studio. Though currently unannounced, we have a clear vision and plan to release. The new game development team will leverage our existing expertise and best-in-class talent, guaranteeing a high visual quality bar for the title.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a new form of chemtrails or vaccine mosquitos.

Could also be a new PS5 game, although that sounds far-fetched.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
It might be a video game tie in to a movie for all we know, at this point we're in uncharted territory.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It might be a video game tie in to a movie for all we know, at this point we're in uncharted territory.

ohyou.jpg

In all seriousness, Sony's "secret" San Diego studio working on a new Uncharted is, like, a "The Initiative is working on Perfect Dark"-level of open secret right now. The new studio seems like it was practically purpose-built to be the new home of the franchise. I'd be extremely surprised if it turns out that they've been working on anything else.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
It really is somewhat of a mystery, but we know this- some people that were on this team have left to form a new studio that will be part of Zenimax Online.
My guess is that the project might be dead,I always figured it was a really small team from the first place and a departure of multiple employees doesn't indicate something good,and that really sucks because I really,REALLY,wanted a new Uncharted.
They put a job offer for this studio on LinkedIn two days ago so they are probably fine.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Next Uncharted for sure. It's still Sony's biggest IP. After UC4 and the new movie they won't just stop, lol.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Uncharted, it's the best kept secret since The Initiative and Perfect Dark.

There was a rumor that the current San Diego Studio was forming a second team though, to work on something other than MLB. Haven't heard anything about that in a while.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Do we know who is directing the game? I thought it was Quentin Cobb but he left the studio...

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
The question to me is not if they are working on the next uncharted, it's if it will star Chloe and Nadine again or Nate's Brother/Daughter.

I hope it's Chloe/Nadine.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
I really hope Uncharted PS5 is happening, its pretty much a Sony staple at this point. Would be like Xbox without Gears of War

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm crossing my fingers for Uncharted 5. Maybe they'll just serve as the "continuation" team. Basically when ND want to do something new they jump in to continue popular series people still want more of.