• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
From Michael Mumbauer's (former Studio Head/Senior Director of Visual Arts) LinkedIn:

>His latest achievement is having built a brand new, all-star, AAA Action/Adventure development team for Playstation. Based in San Diego and utilizing proprietary engine technology, **this team was assembled to expand upon existing franchises** and craft all new stories for the next generation of gamers.

Linkedin

This team is working with another Sony studio on an action adventure game. There were already speculation this was Uncharted, and this solidifies it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
So do we know what happened with a couple of the folks working there leaving? Was the project rebooted or whatever?

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
The Uncharted series seems the most likely. With the movie coming out, they're going to want to have the videogame series active.

Oct 25, 2017
KNACK 3 BABE LET'S GOOO
JVxv.gif

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Would much rather they continue Uncharted with Chloe and Nadine (with a new voice actress tho lol) over Nathan's daughter tbh

Nov 8, 2017
Painfully obvious this is Uncharted.

We might get a showdown of Uncharted: The Next Generation and Indianna Jones within a year of each other, haha.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
I see many posts talking about an UC sequel by this new studio... is it general consensus that Naugty Dog have moved on from the franchise or am I missing something?

Nov 8, 2017
I see many posts talking about an UC sequel by this new studio... is it general consensus that Naugty Dog have moved on from the franchise or am I missing something?

I believe (could be mistaken) they're on record as saying they're done with it for now. But from Sony's perspective you don't just put a 15+ million seller franchise out to pasture for artistic reasons. Establishing another studio makes perfect sense.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Wait plural?
ah sh*t, time to bring out the wish lists!

edit: I'll start, sequel to the order!

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Finally somebody with exquisite taste, thank you!!

PS5, PSVR2, the stars will be aligned soon to welcome back COLONY WARS into the roster of living PlayStation franchises!

There are dozens of us! Dozens! Especially with PSVR it would be a great time to bring it back. The old systems had the best variety in games. Now it's just one FPS/3rd person action adventure game after another. Yawn.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
If it wasn't already obvious they're making Uncharted, the "AAA Action/Adventure" quoted in the OP kinda seals it.

Honestly I'm glad and this feels like the best of both worlds; more of one of my favourite franchises and ND gets to move onto other things, like TLOU 3.

My only worry is that the one non-ND Uncharted game was kind of a dud.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
There are dozens of us! Dozens! Especially with PSVR it would be a great time to bring it back. The old systems had the best variety in games. Now it's just one FPS/3rd person action adventure game after another. Yawn.

So true, even though I still love these games (FPS/3rd), we could use some fresh air too.

Nov 2, 2018
If it is Uncharted I fully expect it to be based around the current cast with the noticeable exclusion of Elena and Drake and Cassie.

I think ND is going to let people play around with Sully and Sam and the rest in Uncharted: Something spin-offs but they'll be keeping hold of the above for if they ever wanted to do a true Uncharted 5 with an older Cassie

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Syphon Filter! With Metal Gear and Splinter Cell both being dead, this is their chance!

No, a VR Splinter Cell game doesn't count!

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
If it is Uncharted I fully expect it to be based around the current cast with the noticeable exclusion of Elena and Drake and Cassie.

I think ND is going to let people play around with Sully and Sam and the rest in Uncharted: Something spin-offs but they'll be keeping hold of the above for if they ever wanted to do a true Uncharted 5 with an older Cassie
Wouldn't mind that, but if they're milking it I don't know why they wouldn't just go with Nate. He has far more appeal than the other characters. Maybe a game with his daughter.