• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Halo 3 came out around 11 years ago and it never got the anniversary treatment last year, which is a shame since its my favourite campaign of the series and it could really use an update in the visuals and sound departments. With their stellar work in H2A I was looking foward to this.

I think H3A is happening but itll probably happen next generation, as a launch title maybe? Or maybe its just not happening at all.

Edit: thanks mods

Last edited:

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
H3A isn't going to happen. However improvements to Halo 3 will probably happen in the MCC.

OP
OP
Pancracio17

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
My shame knows no bounds for that title

It's not, and the MCC version in 4K, 60fps, and HDR is the exact right way for them to have handled it. I don't trust 343i to nail the aesthetic of Halo 3 anywhere near as good as Bungie already has.
I mean I think they nailed it hard with the H2A campaign.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's happening, but 343 has worked on so many titles over the past few years, as well as provided post launch support and maintenance of 5 and the MCC.

As next gen seems closer and closer, I think we'll be getting Halo Infinite as perhaps a launch title and then Halo 3 Anniversary in 2022.

Shame though, Microsoft could've really used a title like that last year, especially with the only big Microsoft exclusives that came out then were Cuphead and Forza 7.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never forget that moment when the flood ship crashed for the first time and I got an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.
tenor.gif

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's happening, but 343 has worked on so many titles over the past few years, as well as provided post launch support and maintenance of 5 and the MCC.

As next gen seems closer and closer, I think we'll be getting Halo Infinite as perhaps a launch title and then Halo 3 Anniversary in 2022.

Shame though, Microsoft could've really used a title like that last year, especially with the only big Microsoft exclusives that came out then were Cuphead and Forza 7.
I don't know why they would do that though, they have a full team now dedicated to MCC, they are hinting at adding new things into Halo 3's Forge mode. Why not just improve Halo 3 with new features and save money on a small team and then have the main team support Halo Infinite longer?

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, Halo 2 Anniversarry was amazing, made me appreciate Halo 2 in a way I did not at launch. Felt like the vision Bungie had but could not achieve with the hardware.

Would love to see 3 get the same treatment. Maybe Scarlett?

Reach desperately needs an XB1X patch or preferably a 60fps 4K HDR Update with MCC.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

They released a high production Halo game in that year.