• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So here we are in December, and I've heard nary a peep out of Nintendo on the story DLC that everyone is waiting for. Following the stories of the champions seems pretty cool, even if it's a prequel of sorts (depending on what rumors are true). Is it still coming out by the end of the year? Was it dated and I missed it?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
That's funny... I didn't even think of TGA as when they would unveil it, but it makes sense! Here's hoping. :)

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Yea that seems probable. Considering the history of Nintendo and TGA. Plus Breath of the Wild will surely get GOTY. So its the perfect place to reveal the story DLC. Advertising jackpot.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
They reaffirmed last month that it will be out before the end of the year so it'll be out in the next 2-3 weeks I guess.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nintendo said it would be out in 2017 so it will be out in 2017. It may drop to 240p in handheld mode and look worse than XB2, but it's coming this year.

Kenagain

Oct 27, 2017
I super confused is this like an ongoing joke on era? I feel like once a day I see a thread with the exact same title

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, Champion's Ballad is releasing this month. Eiji Aonuma recently reassured Nintendo's antipodean fans that the development team's "working on [the DLC] with great effort" and "it'll be available by the end of this year."

Shortly afterwards, in the Joystiq GOTY acceptance speech, Aonuma again said it's releasing later this year, so a last-minute delay is looking unlikely.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It's recently been confirmed again for December so I'm 100% expecting it to be detailed Thursday at the game awards.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
At this point, I just hope they aren't going to rush it. It is supposed to be the last piece of DLC for BotW right? (Or is it just last of the season pass?) I hope they cap it off on a great note.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its going to be at TGA, I'd bet. I really hope it's a sizeable DLC, they took their time with it. Though I don't expect much, the season pass is only 20€ after all

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We have a thread about this everyday.

Please be patient. Nintendo will announce it when it is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.