• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Socrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't do it. Dogs are bad for the environment. Due to their high meat diet, they have a massive carbon footprint.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Don't do it. Dogs are bad for the environment. Due to their high meat diet, they have a massive carbon footprint.

I'm vegetarian... we only feed our dogs food that has fish. It's mainly because our one dog has a chicken allergy but from what I've ready you can pretty easily put your dog on a vegetarian diet (though it may not work for all dogs just like humans).

It's cats that like 99% of the time need meat in their diets.

I'm guessing you were being facetious though...

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
If you're worried about their leash behavior, I would recommend investing in some dog training lessons. They'll appreciate the structure and discipline, and it'll make your life easier because they won't be going insane on the leashes and pulling you in two directions while you try and pick up one of their shits.

Doesn't have to be fancy either, getting them to learn a few commands (such as "sit" and "heel") will get them to understand the value of listening and responding to you. It's not much of a time investment either, it's just about repetition and a few 15-30 minute blocks of training each week.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When I go to my next project in a different city I'm going to rent a house with a yard and get a second dog. My dog just sleeps waiting for me as I'm working. I figured I can rescue a second dog who needs a home, have double the company on nights and weekends I don't visit my family (and my parents will have double the furry grand children who they love) and my dog will have a playmate to wrestle, play rough with since that's the only thing that tires him.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Does the place you are getting them from let you have a trial period? It's not even a guarantee that your current dog will like them or the energy level of the new dog is fit for you.