• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
Do you honestly believe that she thinks that conserving water in any way helps Syrians? She's obviously used to using the word in private and with friends. But I don't think normal racist people connect conservation of water with Syrians and black people.

So the fact that she was drunk is what made her connect conserving water, syrians and niggers?

Like she had a drunken epiphany instead of racists just generally believing and saying stupid shit because it makes them feel better

How does liquor change a "normal racist" into a "running water conspiracy racist", exactly?

Oct 31, 2017
She got booted from university. Is it really important that she never gets a good job for the rest of her life?

That's already a huge thing. There's no measure of course, but a life sentence isn't right.

I don't know why you guys think she'll face much repercussion past next semester for this. She'll either get a job with her parents or some group that isn't offended by her rant and probably agree with her.

This. racist. white. woman. will. be. fine.

She'll probably have a Go Fund Me with thousands given to her by the end of the week. Racists do well to take care of their own, I don't understand why y'all are fretting over her future.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So the fact that she was drunk is what made her connect conserving water, syrians and niggers?

Like she had a drunken epiphany instead of racists just generally believing and saying stupid shit because it makes them feel better

How does liquor change a "normal racist" into a "running water conspiracy racist", exactly?

Like I said earlier saying she's a drunk person isn't an excuse for racism but you can keep fishing fisherman.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
She got booted from university. Is it really important that she never gets a good job for the rest of her life?

That's already a huge thing. There's no measure of course, but a life sentence isn't right.
Yes it's important as hell if that job puts her in a position of authority over what she deems "niggers" nah fuck her lol but I wish her the best at the same time I hope she truly does learn from this but based on that phone call she had with her friend she didn't she was just sorry for the consequences

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't have to be the book of law.

It can be the university's code of conduct, or any other manner of book relevant to the situation.

Everyone deserves a second chance.
I think everyone should have the possibility of a second chance, but it has to be earned. If her views change and she stops being racist, sure. But she doesn't deserve a second chance without reflecting upon her behavior and taking steps to change her awful mindset

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Yes it is, for a very simple reason, if the consequences for vile shit like this aren't dire, no one is going to think twice about doing it.

Unfortunately stupid people don't learn unless their world comes crashing around on them, and even then its still a 50/50 chance they won't learn.

Oct 31, 2017
Like I said earlier saying she's a drunk person isn't an excuse for racism but you can keep fishing fisherman.

Dude, you said she said it because she was drunk. I said she said it because she's racist. Then you went on about "normal racists" like they have more logical racism...

How am I fishing? As if I'm "out to get you" or some bullshit

I'm just saying she didn't spout non-sense because she was binge drinking, like you claim; it's simply because she racist and thought it was funny, binge drinking had little to do with it

Zipzo

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I think everyone should have the possibility of a second chance, but it has to be earned. If her views change and she stops being racist, sure. But she doesn't deserve a second chance without reflecting upon her behavior and taking steps to change her awful mindset
Well, obviously.

Obviously a second chance is contingent on whether she learns from her wrongs.

That's obvious.

Oct 31, 2017

chances are, she'll get second, third and sixth chances if she needs them, without earning them through reflection and reforming herself, which is why I find the concern for her future misplaced

I'm more concerned about people like her in power over people she believes she's better than. Some of y'all hoping she still has a great life, I'm hoping she doesn't have a chance to make other people's lives not so great

D65

Oct 26, 2017
Yes it is, for a very simple reason, if the consequences for vile shit like this aren't dire, no one is going to think twice about doing it.

Unfortunately stupid people don't learn unless their world comes crashing around on them, and even then its still a 50/50 chance they won't learn.

I don't know, getting booted from uni is a huge consequence I truly feel. Very much deserved as a life lesson.

But I'm not gunna waste another post defending her hypothetical future. I don't care. I hope she get's an opportunity to learn to not be so stupid and racist. If she stays as the person she showed in those clips then allow that.

Oct 25, 2017
All this pearl clutching for this white girl is amazing

If she wants a second chance she's more that welcome to earn, it but bein white means she'll get plenty of chances

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
She's a terrible person, she will be a terrible coworker (poc work too) and a shitty mother most likely unless she learns a huge lesson on how much of a moron she is.

I have no hope for her whatsoever.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Another case of a northern covert racist that thought they were liberated to be their own racist self, just because she moved to the "South". I spent 25 years of my life as a northerner surrounded by diet racist acting all progressive and shit, knowing damn well they were racist as hell. Best quote from that old Huffpost article I, Racist

"The only difference between people in The North and people in The South is that down here, at least people are honest about being racist."

A racist is a damn racist, and there aint no geo location that black folks can rely on to avoid being called a nigger..

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dude, you said she said it because she was drunk. I said she said it because she's racist. Then you went on about "normal racists" like they have more logical racism...

How am I fishing?

I'm just saying she didn't spout non-sense because she was binge drinking, like you claim; it's simply because she racist and thought it was funny, binge drinking had little to do with it

She is a racist, no doubt. But in that first video it's obvious that she's slurring her words and not making any sense. It's not a dismissal of her actions to say that alcohol was involved. A sober racist person could just go with a standard stereotype of something that would have made sense.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, obviously.

Obviously a second chance is contingent on whether she learns from her wrongs.

That's obvious.
It may be obvious to us, but it's not a foregone conclusion that she actually will change. She may be totally fine in life and continue to be a racist asshole. Plenty of people are openly racist and do extremely well in life (Trump, for example, or half the newscasters on Fox News)
chances are, she'll get second, third and sixth chances if she needs them, without earning them through reflection and reforming herself, which is why I find the concern for her future misplaced

I'm more concerned about people like her in power over people she believes she's better than. Some of y'all hoping she still has a great life, I'm hoping she doesn't have a chance to make other people's lives not so great
I generally agree. I don't think previously holding racist views should be some sort of social death sentence, so long as you recognize the error of your ways and change for the better. That said...the chances that she will never recover from this incident, or that her recovery from this will be predicated on her changing her views, is pretty low.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Well.

At least she didn't say "That's not the real me! Give me a second chance!" or some stupid deflection like that.

Progress in 2018!

She kinda did. If you saw the video of the recorded phone call between her and the chick who sounds like she's talking through a fuckin' throat back, she says how she doesn't have a mean bone in her body and everyone who knows her knows she isn't a bad person and all this shit.

Progress denied!

Oct 31, 2017
All this pearl clutching for this white girl is amazing

If she wants a second chance she's more that welcome to earn, it but being white means she'll get plenty of chances

seriously. Considering all the people so concerned for her future in this thread, don't they realize that people who agree with her views will take care of her?

It's amazing yet typical that after showing no remorse, she already has people who don't agree with her words hoping she bounces back. Between these people and the ones who do agree with her racist views, she will always be given chances. Whiteness will and already has protected her, it just failed her this one time where she actually had to face repercussions and she's still receiving sympathy

Oct 31, 2017
They kick it old school in Alabama for real

She didn't get the memo that we've prefer to be called black since the 60s?

Never heard the term "people of color" if she meant more than black kids?

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
She is a racist, no doubt. But in that first video it's obvious that she's slurring her words and not making any sense. It's not a dismissal of her actions to say that alcohol was involved. A sober racist person could just go with a standard stereotype of something that would have made sense.
She had another video after the fact where she doubled down saying the backlash was overblown followed by "nigger, nigger, nigger, nigger" whilst holding up the middle finger.

It's honestly disheartening and frankly fucking pathetic what some of you people do to "not say I'm defending them, but..."

Deleted member 20603

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Like that one instance where the girl broadcast how she brushed her butt with her black roommate's toothbrush, I like the trend where racists out themselves and receive some consequences.

Too bad there's plenty of people out there willing to help. If George Z has fans, I'm sure this girl will have plenty too.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017

She didn't get s life sentence, she's just facing the ramifications of broadcasting her racisim to the world.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
And yet...I don't know. I just can't help but feel a bit sad that this person's life is over.

Not trying to be a dick but curious: what is it that makes you think her life is over? Especially if you live in the U.S. This chick has 3.5 years left in college. This will be forgotten about well before then.

The best thing that can happen is she watches the videos in a few years (and based on what we can tell about her tiny brain, it'll take at least that) and be genuinely horrified about it and will have a different mindset by then.

Either way, her life is not over in any way, shape or form.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
She had another video after the fact where she doubled down saying the backlash was overblown followed by "nigger, nigger, nigger, nigger" whilst holding up the middle finger.

It's honestly disheartening and frankly fucking pathetic what some of you people do to "not say I'm defending them, but..."

Call me you people again.