• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
untitled10vs2m.png

Relaese Date: October 19th, 2018
Platforms: PC, XB1, PS4

Latest Trailer

Revealed Characters
Guest Character(s)
DLC

Revealed Stages
  • Snow-Capped Showdown
  • Shrine of Eurydice: Cloud Sanctuary
  • Kaer Mohren
  • Cursed Moonlit Woods
  • Sunken Desert Ruins
  • Windswept Plains
  • Indian Port: Impending Storm
  • Master Swordman's Cave: Azure Horizon
  • Ostrheinsburg Castle: Hall of the Chosen
Guest Character Potential (From Dec Interview)
On guest characters:
GC: The guest characters are also a major selling point, but it did seem as if they'd begun to overshadow the series. MO: I do understand that the guest characters presence is quite big in the previous SoulCaliburs. In that sense I'm hoping to be able to introduce guest characters in this game, and to be able to surprise everyone… but I cannot say any more. [laughs]

Last edited:

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to be chilling out in the Talim waiting room, don't mind me. She's the only one I'm waiting on since Ivy is already confirmed.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want to add a rumor section to the OP. But for the sake of discussion currently on the table there is

[Note: Reset Staff does not confirm any validity in these rumors]
I'm only posting these for the sake of starting discussion in this thread as we wait for more info to drop.
I would add a link or a quote from the originator of that 2nd leak: https://www.resetera.com/posts/4989110/ + https://www.resetera.com/posts/4990169/

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 39 characters and Geralt rumour is just as bad as my Uncle works at Nintendo. A drive-by reply with no evidence and vague spectrum. The original leak is true, however.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Starting to get scared that my girl Seong Mi-Na isn't going to get in. Always felt like she was pretty popular but guess not.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The 39 characters and Geralt rumour is just as bad as my Uncle works at Nintendo. A drive-by reply with no evidence and vague spectrum. The original leak is true, however.

The actual rumor/leak is 22 characters, 6 DLC characters and Zoro of One Piece is one of the guest characters.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
All characters but Ivy look great to me. That face just doesn't work for her, and I'm also not a horny teenager anymore.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
I'd love Ivy to play like her SC2 self and use her military alt outfit from that game. It'd be a shame to see a cool character with a cool weapon be defined by more infamous aspects...

The last SC I played quite a bit o was SC3, but apparently the story was lacking in the games since - I hope they manage to improve on that. Maybe they could get tips from the Project X Zone team, they made Natsu likeable there, while people seem to have disliked her in SC5...

A Samurai Shodown guest would be great, I wonder if Harada can facilitate that between his taste for the series and the Geese in Tekken 7 precedent (not to mention SS Sen already kinda feels like SC.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Just waiting on that Taki reveal. 39 characters is a good amount, more than expected.

Haven't thought much on the guest character side as I've never used the guest characters in any of the games. Just please don't be Bloodbourne related unless it's Maria.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Seungmina needs to be in for sure (but please don't fuck her design with added pervyness). Her moveset was better than Kilik to me.
Hwuang is a must too.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
How are you putting the 39 characters thing as a rumour when the character select screen doesn't even hold 30 slots?????

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
How are you putting the 39 characters thing as a rumour when the character select screen doesn't even hold 30 slots?????

I just wanna talk about Geralt as a potential guest really. 39 is only there since it was part of what that user said.
As I noted though. I'm not saying anything rumor wise is valid. Since even I have a strong doubt that 39 is happening.
Tekken only had as many as it did due to its Arcade life until the home release after all.

Aside from that there was enough information provided that they indeed know someone working there.
But not enough information detailing the specifics on what was provided. So it's essentially in rumor purgatory.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Well...actually...in that Other thread by DasVergeben there's a comment that says this

Half-Swording and Murder Stroke sound like Geralt's medieval-style swordplay...
- https://www.reddit.com/r/SoulCalibu...out_two_discarded_newcomer_character/duvvzbr/

I've never played witcher so IDK but that was posted 14 hours ago from now, and the other Geralt 'leak' was from a few hours ago. He said he messaged admins about it so he's verified I guess, otherwise he'd be banned by now wouldn't he? I view Geralt as way more likely than Zoro from One Piece, but then seeing Groh and how anime he is I guess he's sorta viable as well? It's just gonna be weird seeing him non cell shaded.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well...actually...in that Other thread by DasVergeben there's a comment that says this

- https://www.reddit.com/r/SoulCalibu...out_two_discarded_newcomer_character/duvvzbr/

I've never played witcher so IDK but that was posted 14 hours ago from now, and the other Geralt 'leak' was from a few hours ago. He said he messaged admins about it so he's verified I guess, otherwise he'd be banned by now wouldn't he?
He also said that was a character related to a 'traditional and semi realistic" swordsman using real sword techniques that aren't usually in video games' and noted American sword fighting schools as influence. Geralt as far from this description. lol

Oct 27, 2017
Both Geralt and Zoro as guest characters feels very not real?

I feel like The Witcher's popularity has essentially withered down, while when Ezio was added in AC: Revelations came out only two months prior to V.

Zoro just seems like an extremely not unique choice as Namco Bandai already has the One Piece license so it wouldn't be that special, somewhat similarly to The Witcher given Namco Bandai's EU branch published the third game.

Honestly as long as this game has above 20 characters I'll be good lol.

I'm hoping they don't abandon all the V characters, would love to see Natsu come back. But given the age of the characters in this game, it makes me think that descendant characters won't make it in.

Also really hope they have a decent single player, it feels like they haven't gotten it right since 3.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Noctis being added to Tekken really makes me sad, because I feel like he would have fit so much better in Soulcalibur.

Obviously the solution is to just have Gilgamesh in SC6.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting myself

The thing that irks me, has always irked me, and will continue to irk me about Ivy's design is that it in no way matches her actual personality or personal story.

It's like someone basically said 'has whip. Is tough. Therefore dominatrix' without taking into account any of her other personality traits or story beats.

She's an amoral scientist trying to purge herself of the connection to Soul Edge she carries in her blood due to her father.

Maybe they made her look before they made her character (entirely possible. I don't recall which parts were introduced in SCI vs SCII) But if that's the case they should have either given her a different story or a different design as they proceeded.

This is super apparent if, for example, you look at an image of SC characters and ask who Ivy looks to be most associated with. The characters she is actually most connected with are Cervantes, Nightmare & the other members of Schwarzstrom, and Siegfried.

The character she looks most associated to is fucking Voldo. Who she is literally entirely disconnect from.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Vergeben said that, yes but he has heard launch will be 24 or so. 39 is way out of the question here.

Didn't Vergeben get the Switch version wrong though? And Zasalamel being DLC? What did he get right?
Not that I'm saying 39 characters is realistic but the guys not banned so that's something.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Similar to T7, SC6 will probably have small roster at start but will grow over time. But T7 cut some staple/mainstay characters in the series so I wont be surprised SC6 does the same, ie. Yoshi gone.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not certain how someone with inside info doesn't know that Zasalamel is base roster or DLC. We know he is in the game now, but earlier Vergeben's source said he was planned DLC and changed tune close to when he was announced.

I don't think Cervantes will be DLC. And there is no way in hell we get 39 characters in the base game.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The whole reason they're going back to SC1's timeline is to bring back Maxi, right? That dude was great.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'm excited, this'll actually be my first Soul Calibur.

I'm definitely looking at Sophitia and Ivy as my mains.