• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tis true but on the season pass pic, it's a silhouette of two males and one female.

And the silouhette of Talim for the figure at best buy was some random knight.

this post is malfested

ValuableMiserableLacewing-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I remember a while back, it was suggested that if Lizardman does return, he be given Pat's moveset or at least some of his moves.

I personally wouldn't mind that. Patroklos was the best of the new characters from SC5.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with the inclusion of Pat.

There's no way he makes it before ZWEI, so everything would be right in the world.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got nothing against Pat tbh. I thought his moveset was really fun. But I know a lot of people didn't like his trash talk. No reason not to reuse his style on a different character.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that I always find amusing about Pat is that he goes from one of the simplest to use, and thus effective for most players, characters in the game to one of the most complicated to use so 90% of players do worse when he gets his power-up. Like I really needed a reason to hate the character more, he forced me to play setsuka for half his story mode.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful new artworks were released:

soulcalibur6-artwork-by-junny.jpg

soulcalibur6-artwork-by-junny2.jpg

I feel pretty meh about the game at this point, but the art by my favorite artists Takuji Kawano, Hiroaki and Junny is fantastic! :)

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Love it when a character who is in official artwork for a game isn't even playable in that game, lol.

As far as we know. Still not a lot of information out there on Libra of Soul, even from early copy streams and whatnot. There's a chance it could hide unlocks the way Soul Chronicle did for Inferno.

Not terribly hopeful though. Many of the decisions they've made with this game just don't make much sense to me.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
We need a viking so fucking bad. He can even think some crazy shit like he's the re-incarnation of Thor and use Mjolner as his weapon.
Why the fuck is the first Scandinavian in fighters since Lars yet another edgy one-time plot device with almost negative relation to Scandinavia?

Because Norway = Black Metal doncha know, also Japan has a very skewed view of Scandinavia in general.
As thrilled as I am to have characters of Scandinavian descent in more and more Japanese games/manga/anime, it seems that the only real requirement for such has been "platinum blonde if female" and "silver gray hair if male".

I guess Rock could fit the viking archetype, bar his design.. and backstory.

I remember a while back, it was suggested that if Lizardman does return, he be given Pat's moveset or at least some of his moves.
I personally wouldn't mind that. Patroklos was the best of the new characters from SC5.

Hopefully not at the expense of the moves that makes lizardman fun.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Jumping in the Pat bandwagon. I'd take him anyday instead of Cass

Also, can't we just put a horned helmet on Groh to make him look more viking-esque?

Oct 25, 2017
Replace Cassandra's sword with a Spartan spear but give her an updated version of Pat's moveset.

Bam, declone and great moveset at once.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as we know. Still not a lot of information out there on Libra of Soul, even from early copy streams and whatnot. There's a chance it could hide unlocks the way Soul Chronicle did for Inferno.

Not terribly hopeful though. Many of the decisions they've made with this game just don't make much sense to me.
Yeah my expectations for Lizardman being on the roster are 0. Especially since we know Inferno and Tira are taking up the two dots in the main part of the roster.

Best case scenario right now is a CaS-exclusive style. But I'm skeptical even that will happen based on what we currently know.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Also, can't we just put a horned helmet on Groh to make him look more viking-esque?

That's not really the issue.. The issue is that Grøh doesn't, in any shape or form, look "Scandinavian", his clothes aren't representative of any period in Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish history.
Given that this supposedly takes place in the late 1400s, early 1500s.. The Vikings aren't around anymore, so it wouldn't make sense for Grøh to look like a viking, but they could at least have given him a weapon or outfit.. Or something else, that made his ancestry known.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
That's not really the issue.. The issue is that Grøh in shape or form looks "Scandinavian", his clothes aren't representative of any period in Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish history.
Given that this supposedly takes place in the late 1400s, early 1500s.. The Vikings aren't around anymore, so it wouldn't make sense for Grøh to look like a viking, but they could at least have given him a weapon or outfit.. Or something else, that made his ancestry known.

It takes place in the late 1500s.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure ancient Greeks who were also the reincarnation of Nike weren't in the late 1500s, so having a viking be less than a century off isn't too bad.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Especially compared to several female characters that are solely defined by their titties and are beloved.
I appreciate Xiba, but there is no need to be like this my dude.

This is part of why I'm happy about these story modes, people will no longer be able to say stuff like this without looking silly as we'll finally have real in-game examples of how they act after the longest ass time. Like even if a lot of Taki and Ivy's fans, for instance, are weird horndogs who only care about their breasts (Bamco admittedly aren't helping with such public image), their lore and what we've seen of their personalities is really cool and I'm a fan of them for that first and foremost. And I personally wouldn't mind at all if they made Taki's attire less sexualized and actually kinda wish they'd go back in SCV's direction for Ivy. You can keep the essence of these characters without concentrating on their breasts. MK certainly did with their cavalcade of hypersexual female characters suddenly now ... Just being conventionally attractive in logical but still rule-of-cool clothing.
Xiba to me is the best example of the art absolutely shitting on the character model. Xiba's art is great, but his in game model looks like something I could knock up in Create a Soul

sc5-s112.jpg
oh absolutely. I love Xiba's art. Neat character design. In game he looks. Bad.

And yes, A LOT of characters fall into this trap too. Since 4, Taki has looked really off facially too, near uncanny valley stuff. Looks nothing like her art, or like her 2 or 3 models which are amazing. She looks a bit better in 6 at least. But 2/3 are still GOAT.

Edit: Unless he's not treated as a good guy again for whatever bull-headed reason, keep Pat away from the series please. He's at best antihero material up until he goes Alpha, even if the game tries to pretend otherwise. Just. What a fucking asshole. Like if that's your thing, great, I get it. But like, he should be a Bakugo, not a Sasuke, if you catch my comparison.

I'm all for every last other SCV newbie coming back though.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
"Complete Arcade mode for the first time"
Seems that those who were worrying about a lack of a "proper" Arcade mode can calm down a bit.

As I understand it, the complaints leveled at Arcade have to do with it not having a proper boss at the end (despite having at least two to choose from) and using the minimalist character select screen we saw during the network test.

Oct 26, 2017
It can still be a stupidly barebones Arcade Mode, like what Fighting EX Layer put in and what people whined at Capcom to put in SF5. Ironically, what Capcom eventually made was a really solid mode that wouldn't have made sense without building up the cast first.

At least Libra seems to be the solo mode of choice once you clear the stories.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate Xiba, but there is no need to be like this my dude.

This is part of why I'm happy about these story modes, people will no longer be able to say stuff like this without looking silly as we'll finally have real in-game examples of how they act after the longest ass time. Like even if a lot of Taki and Ivy's fans, for instance, are weird horndogs who only care about their breasts (Bamco admittedly aren't helping with such public image), their lore and what we've seen of their personalities is really cool and I'm a fan of them for that first and foremost. And I personally wouldn't mind at all if they made Taki's attire less sexualized and actually kinda wish they'd go back in SCV's direction for Ivy. You can keep the essence of these characters without concentrating on their breasts. MK certainly did with their cavalcade of hypersexual female characters suddenly now ... Just being conventionally attractive in logical but still rule-of-cool clothing.
oh absolutely. I love Xiba's art. Neat character design. In game he looks. Bad.

And yes, A LOT of characters fall into this trap too. Since 4, Taki has looked really off facially too, near uncanny valley stuff. Looks nothing like her art, or like her 2 or 3 models which are amazing. She looks a bit better in 6 at least. But 2/3 are still GOAT.

Edit: Unless he's not treated as a good guy again for whatever bull-headed reason, keep Pat away from the series please. He's at best antihero material up until he goes Alpha, even if the game tries to pretend otherwise. Just. What a fucking asshole. Like if that's your thing, great, I get it. But like, he should be a Bakugo, not a Sasuke, if you catch my comparison.

I'm all for every last other SCV newbie coming back though.
Taki imo is such a nonexistant character in every way besides her jiggle physics and her scene with Ivy in the SC2 op being neat.

Ivy though I agree with on the stipulation of her alt being the actual outfit she wears. A character can be deep and whatever in hard toexperience backstory shit but when both the fanbase and the devs themselves treat her as an object, that backstory means very little.

I can tell you right now, if they had made Ivy's pirate alt her new official look and toned down her obscene sexualized proportions, there'd be an uproar of people pissed because it's "censoring her character" because to most people that is her character instead of her actually being the daughter of a shitty pirate dude and dealing with his horse shit, which is neat but also the trope of "this sexy character has daddy issues"

Edit: Also ironically Bakugou is a better person than Sasuke lmao

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh, SC is pretty anime with its designs now, lol.

Speaking of this, I wish the designs slanted more dark fantasy/ wushu. And the "anime " part was Kept to the attacks/movement, the crazy shit they were doing with their weapons and powers.

While I would prefer for things to go a bit further in that direction, taking historical inspirations as the base and then infusing more style and personality into it from there, I feel like that actually has been done to an extent here, in terms of some of the designs that have avoided the poorer decisions made for some characters in SC4 and 5 (for example, Zasalamel taking a bit of the sleeves and such from 4 but for the most part keeping his stronger SC3 'reaper' silhouette, or Mitsurugi's pulled-back appearance compared to 5's oversized prayer beads) and looked to characters' earlier designs - although it doesn't apply to everyone, and there's certainly a lot of embellishment.

The fact that Groh clashes tangibly with a fair section of the cast shows that at least some effort was put in to making returning characters' designs faithful to a more extravagant version of the series' earlier aesthetics.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
If by some strange turn of circumstances they do add Patroklos, they have to use the personality that Alpha Patroklos had in the last few mission of story mode, not the one that people remember/hate the most that was in the beginning of the story mode and throughout the game until the time thing happens.

EDIT: ....maybe tone down the Pyrrha obsession.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Nah, I'll just be a scrub for life thanks. I don't want to join that shitty group known as the EFF GEE CEE

You can not be in the FGC and still be pretty good. I've tried numerous fighting games in all my gaming years and not one ever "spoke" to me as SC did. So I've been playing the games continuously ever since the first so by now, I've learnt quite a lot. That's usually what happens when you play the same game for a lot of time. I rarely play human competition because SC is unknown over here, but whenever I play a 5 bar online match in either IV or V (or the latest network beta) it only cements I'm continuously learning and getting good at this game. I doubt you are any different seeing how big of a fan you are also. The legacy basics never die. That's why it would be such a shame if this was indeed the last SC.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I am surprised how single player focused those achievements are. Has me pretty confident that offline content will have me pretty invested for a long period of time just like the good ol' Dreamcast days.

Intro cinematics would be pretty sweet too. It might bloat the file size a bit, but it won't be as bad as T7, since SoulCalibur has never used CG for its endings and so those wouldn't be included.

Mostly I just want an easily recordable/screen-shottable SCIII intro that isn't compressed to hell.
All of Tekken Tag Tournament's in-game model endings were unlockables in Tekken 7.

I do not think they will bother with a lot of the endings though because Soul Calibur III had QTEs. This is the kind of game I would love to keep on my PC's HDD for as long as possible and I would be super annoyed if it hogged up as much as Tekken 7 does.