• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

He actually looks really good in motion. The camera-work for his super looks like it was ripped straight out of Samurai Shodown (2019), & I mean that in a good way. No word on if he'll have an English voice or not.

Source: GamersPlay (YouTube, via EVO Japan)

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Haohmaru vs Mitsurugi

spider-man_pointing.jpg

joking aside he looks alright, nice to see he still has his heavy slash as always

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I love how they brought in his neutral A+B in. It is probably the same exact input too. It was meant to be!

And I am super happy with his level. Just hope it has a sunset variant for later in the match.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually really funny seeing him and Mitsurugi face off, because they're like, essentially the same character in two different artstyles. Haohmaru actually looks super out of place - way more cartoonish. But I guess that's part of the fun.

Definitely captured the gameplay perfectly, though!

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how like... Every fighting game now is a crossover of characters. What's next, Akira (VF5) in Tekken? Pfft.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's crazy how like... Every fighting game now is a crossover of characters. What's next, Akira (VF5) in Tekken? Pfft.
Funny enough, Capcom, SNK, & Arc System Works have avoided guest characters in their games. Though Capcom & ASW have dedicated crossover games for that (the Versus series & BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle respectively), while SNK has returned the favor to Tekken by having its characters show up in KoF All Star.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually really funny seeing him and Mitsurugi face off, because they're like, essentially the same character in two different artstyles. Haohmaru actually looks super out of place - way more cartoonish. But I guess that's part of the fun.

Definitely captured the gameplay perfectly, though!
Mitsurugi is Haohmaru if instead of being a badass who defeated supernatural beings on a regular basis, he was kind of a loser who didn't accomplish like half of the things he set out to do.

Perk

Dec 22, 2019
So awesome! Might get back in to both Haohmaru games if I can still find matches online.
you can def find matches on all platforms (source: am multi-plat SoulCalibur shill) with xbox probably being the one that takes a a few extra seconds depending on the time of day, but still reliable

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Stage is awesome. I dont care about the character. Just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. We need Setsuka next or Viola!

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
This is great! Haohmaru made the transition to SC VI very well.

I wonder what the quotes & interactions between him & Mitsurugi are going to be, LOL.

Funny enough, Capcom, SNK, & Arc System Works have avoided guest characters in their games. Though Capcom & ASW have dedicated crossover games for that (the Versus series & BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle respectively), while SNK has returned the favor to Tekken by having its characters show up in KoF All Star.

I think that SNK's trying to avoid Capcom in every way possible due to bad blood between them ever since the Capcom Vs. SNK games in which SNK had a big issue with Capcom nerfing their cast of characters in those games.

It's also why there isn't "Capcom Vs. SNK 3" or even a "Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO" remaster.

Last edited:

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
I'm almost more excited for the additional assets than the character himself. The stage is one of the best looking ones in the game and that music is FIRE. Also looking forward to making some CAS with his style.

Two down, two to go for the season's pass...

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
He looks really faithful! Hope that doesn't bite him in the ass in terms of viability or anything.

Can't wait for his release

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
He really looks fantastic. Curious what they will do with the stage. Water going to be the edge of the stage for a ring out or will it extend into the water.

Would be pretty cool if the CaS set was Samsho costumes.

Now can we fastforward to after his release and have Setsuka announced pls