• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

nLxgmc4.jpg

Looks like Inferno isn't able to be played online which is a pretty interesting choice. Judging by the trailer he looks to be pretty strong so it'll probably end up being for the best. I'll add a YT link when it gets uploaded.

Lock if old.

Last edited:

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god he can't be used online, probably won't be tourney legal either.
Wish more fighting games would let you play as the "boss characters", even if it's only for messing about offline.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Reminds me of when they had Galactus playable offline in Ultimate MvC3.

Hopefully it doesn't get hacked and I have to fight Inferno online.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they took it down on Facebook. I'll add Jawmuncher's post to the OP as a replacement.

Oct 26, 2017
Inferno not being playable online is honestly a smart decision.

There's a mechanic in this game called Soul Charge--you spend one full bar of your meter to enhance some of your key moves temporarily. Inferno appears to be in Soul Charge at all times.

I'd hate to fight that online all the time.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wondering if you could toggle inferno on and off in a private online lobby. It'd be fun to give someone you know a handicap or mess around.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Looks like he'll be pretty fun to mess around with. I wonder if he'll have his own Soul Chronicle. And where will he go on the select screen? One of the obvious four blank spots, or the center?

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So he is Nightmare in boss form. He looks so crazy but it makes sense he cannot be played online because he looks way too OP.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I hoped there'd be a new final boss, but now I doubt it. I feel like so much from this game is old and reused.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Waste a character slot on someone people can't even use online but don't add Yun/Hwang .....fuck outta here scamco

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
So, what happened to Nicholas Mage? Or am I thinking of a different game?

Edit: nevermind, I see him above. Assumed he would be the boss.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
He's still in. Boss of the Libra of Soul story mode (for your custom character). Inferno is the boss of the canonical Soul Chronicle story mode.

Difference is, Azwel is supposed to be balanced.

Ah I see. Thanks for the info.

I would have preferred him to be honest. Don't really like the Inferno/True Ogre style. Shang Tsung style bosses are better.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Azwel serves as the boss for Libra of Soul, so there you go.

Oh, I must have missed that he was the new boss. Thank you for clarifying, but I wish he was the main canon new boss. The only decent Soul Calibur final boss so far is Algol, in part due to how he's actually somewhat interesting. Hopefully Azwel is better in that regard. At least the character designs are cool, I just wish they were, uh, new.