• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Hilde's creation parts are up on the official site
https://sc6.soularchive.jp/products/dlc07.php

Notable observations:
Her cloak IS separate from the armor - female CAS rejoice!
Her armor comes in two versions - seperate pants + top and a onesie version that has battle damage.
Her crown is unisex

No sign of her SC IV / V armor, but neither Amy nor Cassandra had their throwback outfits listed on their DLC page either.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
Hilde's creation parts are up on the official site
https://sc6.soularchive.jp/products/dlc07.php

Notable observations:
Her cloak IS separate from the armor - female CAS rejoice!
Her armor comes in two versions - seperate pants + top and a onesie version that has battle damage.
Her crown is unisex

No sign of her SC IV / V armor, but neither Amy nor Cassandra had their throwback outfits listed on their DLC page either.
I'm willing to bet they'll go with her SC5 armour as that was implemented into Lost Swords as CAS pieces.

I would personally prefer her SC4 1P, though:

rpcs3_2019-11-05_15-54-58-679.png

rpcs3_2019-11-05_15-57-02-894.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I dont really like her SCIV lookm too generic knight for me

Like its not bad, but eh

I think I remember liking 5 more but im drawing a blank on what it looked like. guess ill go google.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Did they ever change ranked so I don't have to fight CaS characters or normalize character sizes?

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a discord for PC users? Just reinstalled it and and been getting decent connections, but just looking for longer sets with people

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I need to get better connection because I really love playing these games but I'm laggy as hell.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I literally just bought this game because i just found out Hiroaki did the artwork in the story mode. Wow he is awesome.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
've always thought SoulCalibur could work really well as a character action game. I dunno who would be a good developer for it, though.

I mean you can only go up from Legends so pretty much anyone would work

An action rpg would be pretty great and do something similiar to what they did with Tekken 6's scenario where even though it was basically a 3d beat em up characters kept their full movesets.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I mean you can only go up from Legends so pretty much anyone would work

An action rpg would be pretty great and do something similiar to what they did with Tekken 6's scenario where even though it was basically a 3d beat em up characters kept their full movesets.

I'd actually be really in to that. I'm one of the few that actually liked scenario campaign and thought it was one of the better single player modes in the Tekken series. Add some RPG elements and that would be a cool mode.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Dunno how I feel about Resist Impact getting some bad DoA6 Break Hold vibes tbh
i haven't actually seen it explained what RI even is
is it like a juiced up SCV GI where you spend gauge for a thing that can GI anything?
is it Soul Charge exclusive? I haven't seen any concrete info on it

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Worst case scenario, yeah.
i haven't actually seen it explained what RI even is
is it like a juiced up SCV GI where you spend gauge for a thing that can GI anything?
is it Soul Charge exclusive? I haven't seen any concrete info on it
From what's been described, it takes half a meter to use. No Soul Charge requirement mentioned.

As it stands, not even costing a full meter makes it sound too effective.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Eh, game flow and the fact that you can't GI while you're being hit will never make anything in SC like DoA.

The number of ways to use meter means that using this GI will sacrifice a lot of offensive potential, which makes me worry less about it.

Everything sounds great. Super happy to get Hilde's 2P!

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Eh, game flow and the fact that you can't GI while you're being hit will never make anything in SC like DoA.

The number of ways to use meter means that using this GI will sacrifice a lot of offensive potential, which makes me worry less about it.

Everything sounds great. Super happy to get Hilde's 2P!
don't forget the ever-present threat of GI/LH brainfreeze negating any advantage that RI could get you

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
There is the whole not being able to use it while getting hit unlike with DoA, yeah. Still not pleased with it too being a no-sell defensive option that only costs half meter.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no ... am I reading this right and they added a delay to when you can block after a step

Last edited:

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
So I got the game from humble bundle, haven't played Soul Calibur since 2.
Spent an hour making a character only to realize I can't use it in the mission mode thing and have to create a new one again.

I don't mind making another one I guess but man, that killed all my desire to play for the night.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
So I got the game from humble bundle, haven't played Soul Calibur since 2.
Spent an hour making a character only to realize I can't use it in the mission mode thing and have to create a new one again.

I don't mind making another one I guess but man, that killed all my desire to play for the night.
If you're okay with fiddling with mods and stuff, you can use my save tool to overwrite your Libra of Soul character with any other character (you'll need to be in the -bin mode as described in the readme): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1619160956

And saying that, I can also randomly advertise this site which is a good source for custom characters (they can all be imported with the above tool): http://cascards.fluffyquack.com/post/list

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
If you're okay with fiddling with mods and stuff, you can use my save tool to overwrite your Libra of Soul character with any other character (you'll need to be in the -bin mode as described in the readme): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1619160956

And saying that, I can also randomly advertise this site which is a good source for custom characters (they can all be imported with the above tool): http://cascards.fluffyquack.com/post/list
Thanks, I was looking for something like this. Managed to replace my Libra of Soul character with my custom character pretty easily.

Nice site too, browsing through other people's stuff manually in-game was getting tiring.