• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México

Kayane's trying new 2B and Xhianghua tech on stream.

I've been so disconnected from the game but reading about some stuff changing from the core mechanics makes me wanna dive deep once again, especially the RE changes.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
*reads patch notes in Update History*

... Wasn't being able to do this a major factor in why Hilde was such a problem back in SCIV?
am i reading this wrong or isn't this already a thing in the game?
isnt this just assigning two buttons to one button like the game already does for the default RE and CE buttons?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
am i reading this wrong or isn't this already a thing in the game?
isnt this just assigning two buttons to one button like the game already does for the default RE and CE buttons?
No, it definitely lets you assign two separate buttons for a single action (i.e., putting K on both O and R1). There are two separate columns to accommodate that in button configurations now.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
oh the literal reverse of what i said lmao
what made being able to do that result in Hilde being such a menace in IV?
Being able to hold down the buttons for charging her attacks yet still be able to attack with those same buttons they were bound to without losing said charge.

EDIT: Crisis averted - seems they actually remembered and won't let players keep attacking with the additional mapped button if you're already holding the other one.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm so stoked for the update. Talim's changes look really good. I'm a very gimmicky Talim if I do say so myself... I feel like my combos are very obvious and mixups but it's hard for players to adapt to that. I got to B rank awhile ago and I'm happy but now with the changes I'll see who's really good and who sucks thankfully. I also cannot wait to lab Hilde as my sub! She was my favourite new character the series introduced.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not all that impressed so far with what they gave Cass aside from crouching 3A (a new Divine Force gain move that hits mid and pretty fast), but what Talim, Amy, and Groh have gotten is quite nice. 2B will be even more annoying to fight going by what they've given her.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Taki is a fucking BEAST now. The low from stalker is so dirty. Going to be shenanigans against a wall.

Mechanically, this is almost SC7. There's so much to dig into, everybody got so much stuff.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
while i cannot claim to understand the practical applications of the move, I am deeply thankful to the Soul Calibur Team for allowing me to do a thonk with Azwel on command

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Talim's new tornado move is great and her other options look really neat as well. Just tried her out in training... now to figure out setups!

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Gonna be a hard wait-and-see-and-probably-wait-for-a-sale-anyway for me. I was kinda burned by the selection of characters and creation content in season 1. I like Hilde more than anyone in S1, but the first creation pack is scant, and I'm really looking for Aeon and a dao user.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I might just buy Hilde tbh. No interest in Haomaru.... but I'll have to pay for her again later on when the season pass is on sale.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Nope!

S1: Tira, 2B, Amy, Cassandra

S2: Hilde, Haomaru, TBA, TBA

It's got one extra creation set, which I guess is worth $4. Hope the rest aren't as low on actual modeled items as the first set is.

Bamco also added music from SCIV and SCV as well (unless that's already included in the update)

Just wish the clipping issues with certain outfits were fixed in CaS

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I expect to cherry pick again and will likely skip CaS packs as I did before. Seeing as Bamco have demonstrated a willingness to put individual DLC on sale the same way as season passes, I'm in no rush to get Hilde or Haohmaru (S1 gave me everyone I wanted already).
Think I've hit a record number of rage quits today. Literally nobody wants to lose with the new points system, it's bloody annoying
Expected. Not looking forward to it.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you have are a Humble subscriber you can get it on their website for about $27.

Love Hilde's armor sets. Her 2P costume really looks good when there is some sun light on it.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
really diggin' the new mechanics. love resist impact. i love soul attack being an offensive means of activating soul charge. really like that charged reversal edge is no longer unblockable.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone else kept playing, but ran into a Siegfried who left before the match was even over (not even a case of one more hit needed, match point for me but still had a good bit more to go before the round ended).

EDIT: And Project Soul haven't improved shit with the matchmaking. You can still end up looking at something like being a G-rank character getting matched up with a B-rank, as just happened to me (the G-rank Groh).

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
once i learned that Groh shouted his attack names because he wanted to look like a cool badass to his apprentices, I knew he was a keeper
This is actually in the patch notes for S2.

unknown.png

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
If you have are a Humble subscriber you can get it on their website for about $27.

Love Hilde's armor sets. Her 2P costume really looks good when there is some sun light on it.

Wish Humble sold DLC stuff for consoles haha.

I forgot but does the price of the Season pass adjust if you already bought some of the DLC or no?