• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If only ZWEI had the same adorkable personality.
Like, have him say random Jojo quotes even if they don't fit the situation or something, he's halfway there anyway.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
It is for the best that they avoid anything major from Soul Calibur V returning. As soon as I saw ZWEI I said "Yeah, I am done with this series" out loud. Too much from that game is way too stupid to go back to. I am somewhat open to them revisiting Patroklos' moveset in a different character (that stance has got to go though), but I just rather them bring back stuff from when most people loved the franchise. I would totally love to see Heihachi returning even! Necrid can stay gone though.

Going back to season 2; This seriously an impressive upgrade. I never expected so many of these new moves and mechanics to work out as good as they are so far. Though I think they might've gone a step too far with 2B. I think her damage needs to be nerfed a bit.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I never played SC4 and 5 so I had no idea how Hilde played. This charge stuff is hella bizzare lol.

Need to spend lot of time in practice before hitting ranked.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Season 2 is here so it's time I get back to playing this everyday :)
Just played some training to see the new mechanics and the new Xianghua stuff, really loving it so far!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I never played SC4 and 5 so I had no idea how Hilde played. This charge stuff is hella bizzare lol.

Need to spend lot of time in practice before hitting ranked.

Have not picked her up yet but they made her quite a bit easier in 6. Before she had 3 levels of charge so you were pretty much constantly charging something. In 6 aside from the 30 sec unblockable gimmick charge she only has 1 level of charge now.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, played as Cass and fought a Hilde. The first match I won more decisively but the second match was super hard and won through the skin of my teeth.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It is for the best that they avoid anything major from Soul Calibur V returning. As soon as I saw ZWEI I said "Yeah, I am done with this series" out loud. Too much from that game is way too stupid to go back to. I am somewhat open to them revisiting Patroklos' moveset in a different character (that stance has got to go though), but I just rather them bring back stuff from when most people loved the franchise. I would totally love to see Heihachi returning even! Necrid can stay gone though.

Going back to season 2; This seriously an impressive upgrade. I never expected so many of these new moves and mechanics to work out as good as they are so far. Though I think they might've gone a step too far with 2B. I think her damage needs to be nerfed a bit.
They did end up bringing back taking damage after breaking a throw from SCV with S2, though.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
And now two nights in a row have proven that I've completely forgotten how to fight Mitsurugi. Xianghua? Never knew how.

Considering that the game still feels like putting me up against A-rank players, I didn't do too bad to win at least two games against an A-rank Nightmare (usually, it ends up being none).

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, can retract Divine Force 3A, A+B not being useful for Cass. Her Soul Attack is still pretty meh, though.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
So yesterday I just played some training and stopped because I had a friend over, but it seems like they did Xianghua good, I like all the changes and additions, Silent Xia giving back meter is a great approach to have her be even more of a pressure monster :) I like her soul attack quite a lot, 3 variants for the second hit, love this.
Got the sheet with all the changes from Bamco's website this morning and read it on my way to work, and of course I didn't find everything new with Xianghua, gonna have to try that tonight.

I haven't tried any other char yet, is there a clear winner and looser of these changes? also, how is 2B now?

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
So yesterday I just played some training and stopped because I had a friend over, but it seems like they did Xianghua good, I like all the changes and additions, Silent Xia giving back meter is a great approach to have her be even more of a pressure monster :) I like her soul attack quite a lot, 3 variants for the second hit, love this.
Got the sheet with all the changes from Bamco's website this morning and read it on my way to work, and of course I didn't find everything new with Xianghua, gonna have to try that tonight.

I haven't tried any other char yet, is there a clear winner and looser of these changes? also, how is 2B now?
2B, Sieg and Maxi seem to be big winners atm. Idk about losers but Mi-na is less dumb to use now

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

losers seem to be Asta, Talim, and Kilik from what I've seen. They didn't lose that bad, just their bad matchups got more.
Zas is a big winner too.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
losers seem to be Asta, Talim, and Kilik from what I've seen. They didn't lose that bad, just their bad matchups got more.
Zas is a big winner too.
Right about now, I'm considering whether the difficulties I've been having against Mitsurugi with Talim as of S2 are the result of him getting more. More damage for him would've been one thing, making him faster/giving him more stun has just screwed everything up and made it that much harder to get in.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Had some great matches, almost ruined by having to fight a Siegfried but at the match after it made up for it.

KiLLaDeZo

Banned
Mar 27, 2018
Me and my friend have just both got this game and there seems to be a bug with the online vs mode ? We both select characters and the countdown gets to 0 then the game just gets stuck. Is this a known issue?

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Nobody on ranked, in France. I didn't play seriously since 2B, a couple of day for Cassandra. A lot of things changed, too bad I can't find an opponent.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Talim, I already considered her less efficient than her previous iteration :(
She's unquestionably still much better than she was in IV, with VI being the only other game she's actually been viable in at all since her debut in II. That said, she still doesn't have enough of what she needs just yet (hell, Siegfried's Chief Hold bullshit is still a better command side step than her Wind Charmer).

EDIT: Seriously though, the speed on Chief Hold and Wind Charmer really should have been swapped by now, and it couldn't be more unreasonable to give a character such short range yet still have her buttons be slow enough to constantly be stuffed by someone with better reach AND speed like S2 Mitsurugi, Project Soul.

Last edited:

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
She's unquestionably still much better than she was in IV, with VI being the only other game she's actually been viable in at all since her debut in II. That said, she still doesn't have enough of what she needs just yet (hell, Siegfried's Chief Hold bullshit is still a better command side step than her Wind Charmer).

EDIT: Seriously though, the speed on Chief Hold and Wind Charmer really should have been swapped by now, and it couldn't be more unreasonable to give a character such short range yet still have her buttons be slow enough to constantly be stuffed by someone with better reach AND speed like S2 Mitsurugi, Project Soul.
Talim should be super fast, thats too bad.

Messed around a bit more with the new Xianghua stances stuff, it's really good! Gonna have a lot of fun trying to apply all of this online

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Right about now, I'm considering whether the difficulties I've been having against Mitsurugi with Talim as of S2 are the result of him getting more. More damage for him would've been one thing, making him faster/giving him more stun has just screwed everything up and made it that much harder to get in.

I think it's not a better matchup. Mitsu's CE nerf didn't hurt him much vs Talim, because Talim's buffs tended to put her -16 moves to -14, which is Mitsu's new CE speed. Matchup wasn't too bad in S1 though IMO, and S2 I don't think it changed much, though I haven't run into any strong Mitsus yet. Talim's main buff is her BT game is now really damn good. The problem Talim has is that the top tier just has busted stuff, and none of Talim's stuff is just busted- she's too honest. She's viable because her stuff is good, she just isn't dumb enough to be good in SCVI S2.

I hope when they fix the balance they nerf the top tiers more than buff the bottom tiers. I think the power level of the top tiers is a bit too high. Usually I don't say that, but I worry about power creep.

Oh, and SC 2BAB is the most useless new move in the game. Doesn't even connect on NH.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's not a better matchup. Mitsu's CE nerf didn't hurt him much vs Talim, because Talim's buffs tended to put her -16 moves to -14, which is Mitsu's new CE speed. Matchup wasn't too bad in S1 though IMO, and S2 I don't think it changed much, though I haven't run into any strong Mitsus yet. Talim's main buff is her BT game is now really damn good. The problem Talim has is that the top tier just has busted stuff, and none of Talim's stuff is just busted- she's too honest. She's viable because her stuff is good, she just isn't dumb enough to be good in SCVI S2.

I hope when they fix the balance they nerf the top tiers more than buff the bottom tiers. I think the power level of the top tiers is a bit too high. Usually I don't say that, but I worry about power creep.

Oh, and SC 2BAB is the most useless new move in the game. Doesn't even connect on NH.
Yet another game where I end up favoring a character who's too honest... :/

Not too surprised SC 2BAB is no good, just as well that I never used it in a match because I forgot how to do it.

I still have Cass, but I honestly have no idea how she actually compared to everyone else, especially when I saw her even less in tourney play during S1 as it is. Playing Groh is fun, but I'm not under the impression that he's especially good. I like Amy as well, but I was terrible with her before, and question how much patience I'll have for getting her roses (even with new options for it).

KiLLaDeZo

Banned
Mar 27, 2018
Is guard brake the one with the blue lighting ? Or red ? I'm trying to work out how to do the red attack thing