• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I actually spoke too soon lol. He eventually clicked rematch messaged me afterwards with a gg and a thanks for waiting, followed by the reason he took so long. I guess I shouldn't have assumed lol. It's still a first though. The last two dudes never clicked anything ever.

Edit: So it turns out I really did fight the #1 Kilik. Well he's #3 but still. Crazy how the game would freaking match me with him at E5. At least I almost won. It's a victory in my head regardless since I'm really bad at fighting Kilik.

The devs have already commented that the matchmaking isn't working as intended (a fix is coming), but it's definitely annoying. I'm currently a C5 and will get matched up with G and F-rank players, along with the occasional Sapling rank. I don't think those matches are fun for anyone.

Meanwhile, I'll fight the same 3-4 C rank players over and over again during the course of an hour or so. These repeated matches also aren't that fun, win or lose.

You can officially put me in the fuck Nightmare/Siegfried camp.

Sometimes i lose and it's like "congratulations you play Nightmare"

I love getting killed in 3 hits that have more range/are faster than most of the moves i have that leads to a combo that does meterless 40% is safe on block and lets them keep the pressure on, but "blah blah his fastest move is a 14 frame jab".

Venting but still, shit gets annoying.

Nightmare is actually one of the slowest characters in the game. It's really just a matter of knowing what he can do and when. The best way to find counter strats is to play the character yourself for a day or two. You'll quickly learn when he can be stepped, interrupted, ducked, etc. The character isn't bad by any means, but a lot of his strats don't hold up in higher level play. Sieg on the other hand... he's borderline top tier IMO.

So uh

TAKI HAS PORC its just really hard

Not sure who found it but Floe started doing it

During the first few frames of possession rush or possession side step it looks like she can do her 41236B unlockable. 41236B can be cancelled with guard. So you PoRC by cancelling the unblockable during possession rush.

Ofc this might be a unintended but I really hope they do not patch this out

From what I've been told, she needs this. Hopefully it's either intended, or Namco just leaves it in.

Please do tell where I spoke for everyone, actually no don't, it's clear as day that I responded to one user with my opinion, if you don't like it then ignore it and move on. If the user who I responded to finds some value in it then cool and if not then that's cool as well, life will keep moving on. It's quite obvious 1 person doesn't speak for everyone.

Here:

Rematch everyone except Nigtmare, Siegfried and Sophitia players, those players get the saltiest so it's funny :)

In all seriousness though it's just a game rematch if you want or move onto the next match if you want, it doesn't matter, I don't care if people don't rematch me and neither should anyone else.

Got some great practice in last night playing against an army of Nightmares, I learnt absolutely nothing from the matches :) except that Nightmare can ring out incredibly easy with pretty much any move he throws out, in a best of 5 set I was rung out 5 times :p I won the set but still left a bad taste in my mouth. I yearn for walled stages.

Most Nightmare players aren't an issue once you learn the match up. I've been matched up against the #1 Nightmare several times over the past few days. I've won most of the sets, and while I don't know exactly how he feels, he no longer rematches me.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Nightmare is actually one of the slowest characters in the game. It's really just a matter of knowing what he can do and when. The best way to find counter strats is to play the character yourself for a day or two. You'll quickly learn when he can be stepped, interrupted, ducked, etc. The character isn't bad by any means, but a lot of his strats don't hold up in higher level play. Sieg on the other hand... he's borderline top tier IMO.

As a somewhat decent Xianghua player, I agree. I have a much harder time against Siegfred than Nightmare in 6. I played botg characters over the previous games so i know them a bit, but I agree that Nightmare from 6 is not his most op form.

As a Xiaghua player the most difficult character to face is imo Seung Mina presently.

I played against quite a few and I cannot consistently win, even though I now know her moves better thn before. She can be almost as fast as X And can pop me from afar quite fast too (and also I dont know why she is one the hardest char for me to read moves on reaction, I often end up freezing in guard when she is pressuring strong)

Might actually start to learn Mina just for scientific purposes ^^

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a somewhat decent Xianghua player, I agree. I have a much harder time against Siegfred than Nightmare in 6. I played botg characters over the previous games so i know them a bit, but I agree that Nightmare from 6 is not his most op form.

As a Xiaghua player the most difficult character to face is imo Seung Mina presently.

I played against quite a few and I cannot consistently win, even though I now know her moves better thn before. She can be almost as fast as X And can pop me from afar quite fast too (and also I dont know why she is one the hardest char for me to read moves on reaction, I often end up freezing in guard when she is pressuring strong)

Might actually start to learn Mina just for scientific purposes ^^

As a X main and Mina sub, Mina can be bullied pretty hard with X because of her speed. It's been said before but Mina is pretty damn slow and she's in trouble once someone gets in on her. Every time I fight a Mina, I just poke them till they get scared and mash a basic AAA or BBB string which are easy to aGI for a LH. The better ones will catch on though and end their strings early. SC Mina is a different story though. That's when she's really scary.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
I'm having a big trouble with the libra of soul mode fighting against Ivy in the mission "blood and destiny", somebody has been there? How you did it?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
As a X main and Mina sub, Mina can be bullied pretty hard with X because of her speed. It's been said before but Mina is pretty damn slow and she's in trouble once someone gets in on her. Every time I fight a Mina, I just poke them till they get scared and mash a basic AAA or BBB string which are easy to aGI for a LH. The better ones will catch on though and end their strings early. SC Mina is a different story though. That's when she's really scary.

My issue with Mina is actually getting in kill range ^^ once im pressing and in her face I can manage, the problem for me is I have a harder time getting close, Mina players manage to keep me at bay more easily than other long range chars, maybe cause shes faster too. I really have to use my fastest moves when Im away to be able to get close.

Anyway getting wrecked tonight lol, I knew I shouldnt play when I passzd by the pub to meet some friends afterwork^^ but at least I keep learning, fell against a Raphael that really knew his moves, it was quite nice to see even if I was on the receiving end ^^

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
My issue with Mina is actually getting in kill range ^^ once im pressing and in her face I can manage, the problem for me is I have a harder time getting close, Mina players manage to keep me at bay more easily than other long range chars, maybe cause shes faster too. I really have to use my fastest moves when Im away to be able to get close.

Anyway getting wrecked tonight lol, I knew I shouldnt play when I passzd by the pub to meet some friends afterwork^^ but at least I keep learning, fell against a Raphael that really knew his moves, it was quite nice to see even if I was on the receiving end ^^

X can dance under Mina's best keep out move 6A since it's a high. Pain in the ass when I'm playing Mina, her mid horizontal moves aren't that great for covering people's approach.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sure would like to be able to find a match if I say I want four bars in any region. I've been waiting, I shit you not, for at least seven minutes.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else just never use RE? I don't like it at all. I forget it exists until my opponent uses it and even then I don't use it.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else just never use RE? I don't like it at all. I forget it exists until my opponent uses it and even then I don't use it.

Character dependant for me. I use them on Astaroth and Mina who both get a lot off their vertical options. Rarely use it on Ivy, she doesn't seem to get much off of it.. but I could be wrong.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I sure would like to be able to find a match if I say I want four bars in any region. I've been waiting, I shit you not, for at least seven minutes.

Matchmaking is not working as intended at the moment. Sometimes you'll have instant, back to back matches, other times you'll wait 10 minutes or more. There's a patch coming to fix that, but right now you can improve it by backing out after you wait 2-3 minutes to reset the search.

I very rarely use it, and I generally punish people who use it frequently. It's a very good defensive tool, and saves a lot of novice players, but unless you're skilled, I don't think it's a good mechanic.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You know, I try my best to think strategically and carefully plan out my attacks, mixing up highs and lows, horizontal and vertical, throw vs attack etc. But I just lost ten in a row.

Just to make sure that I'm the worst player online, I then got my wife who's never played the game to give it a try. Wouldn't you know it, she button mashed her way to victory against two different opponents in a row.

It really feels like this game rewards reckless attacking.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I try my best to think strategically and carefully plan out my attacks, mixing up highs and lows, horizontal and vertical, their vs attack etc. But I just lost ten in a row.

Just to make sure that I'm the worst player online, I then got my wife who's never played the game to give it a try. Wouldn't you know it, she button mashed get way to victory against two different opponents in a row.

It really feels like this game rewards reckless attacking.

Most fighting games do when both players are at a low level. Good defense doesn't exist at that level, so offense becomes that much stronger.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So am I not supposed to try and play the game right? Should I just mash? It seems to be working for everyone else against me.

It works for them until they fight someone who knows how to defend and punish them for attacking recklessly. You can join them and mash, or learn how to defend/punish them and rise above it.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I do lots of blocking but then when I try to counter attack I get stuffed by the next reckless attack.

Sounds like you don't actually know when you can attack. You can block, couch, gi, sidestep, re, use auto-gi moves...

If you're losing to people mashing, it's your bad, not theirs. You just don't know what you're doing as well as you think you do.

If they were reckless attacks, they wouldn't be working. They'd get punished for it.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got to 10k RP with Xianghua. Then I lost the next like 5 matches in a row. Time to call it.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I do lots of blocking but then when I try to counter attack I get stuffed by the next reckless attack.

Not all attacks are created equally. Some attacks are faster, some slower, some give advantage when blocked, others are safe, and others still are completely unsafe if you use a fast enough attack to punish.

Just blocking at random isn't any better than attacking at random. To become a better player you need to know what attack you're blocking and what kind of situation it leaves the opponent in. Is the attack advantage when blocked? If so, that means it's not your turn unless you can predict a vertical is coming and step it, or a high is coming and duck it, or something similar.

Finally got to 10k RP with Xianghua. Then I lost the next like 5 matches in a row. Time to call it.

Were you close to ranking down at all? I don't think I've seen anyone rank down, so I'm curious if it's even possible.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Were you close to ranking down at all? I don't think I've seen anyone rank down, so I'm curious if it's even possible.

Nope. It feels like you have to lose over a dozen matches, and that's if you have JUST reached a new rank. I got a good chunk of what I lost back with the next win too.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Been waiting for an online patch since release. Match times are way long in my region. Did they give any ETA on it or just the we are fixing it soon.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I've met more Xianghua mains in here than I've encountered in Ranked since launch.

--Signed, Another Xianghua Main

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Keep consistently getting matched up with teabaggers who go for nothing but ring outs. And while it would normally be infuriating (and definitely is in a lot of cases) it's also led to some of the most satisfying wins I've ever gotten.

Tonight's was at least a decent enough person to not go for ringouts (though the stage may have also had something to do with it), but was still taunting plenty. It's just that moment where they go from constantly teabagging to suddenly losing in the most easily avoidable way possible that really connects with me...

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
I disagree. Ivy is way too good.

She's not. Even in sc2 in her most powerful form she wasn't way too good.

Jer, mitsu is fucking sweet right now.

Took me like 3 weeks to get the knack of his new shit but god damn I don't think I will ever bitch about them taking them away 2kb goodness now that I have 1bb or 236[k]. Jaeger has shown me the light. His mixup game is so fucking strong once you get a good read on your opponent. I will miss sc2/sc3 mitsu but sc6 mitsu I'm liking a lot more than sc4/5 mitsu.

Deleted member 21858

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think that the best, A tier characters right now are Ivy, Mina, Siegfried, Yoshimitsu and Azwel. I don´t see them escaping a few nerfs in the first balance patch. Nightmare will probably also be nerfed, even if I think he isn´t as strong as the ones I listed.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I think that the best, A tier characters right now are Ivy, Mina, Siegfried, Yoshimitsu and Azwel. I don´t see them escaping a few nerfs in the first balance patch. Nightmare will probably also be nerfed, even if I think he isn´t as strong as the ones I listed.

Raphael. He's very strong too. Him, Siegfried and Ivy are my worst ennemies! Never encountered a good Yoshimitsu yet, and I'm in D rank.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Keep consistently getting matched up with teabaggers who go for nothing but ring outs. And while it would normally be infuriating (and definitely is in a lot of cases) it's also led to some of the most satisfying wins I've ever gotten.

Tonight's was at least a decent enough person to not go for ringouts (though the stage may have also had something to do with it), but was still taunting plenty. It's just that moment where they go from constantly teabagging to suddenly losing in the most easily avoidable way possible that really connects with me...

If I could win every round by RO I would

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
After all the negative comments I heard about the character creator I was expecting to hate it, but there's actually a lot of stuff I wouldn't have been able to make in V.

l2SdfF0.jpg

qVzgs05.jpg

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017

What's wrong with Ring Outs?

Raphael. He's very strong too. Him, Siegfried and Ivy are my worst ennemies! Never encountered a good Yoshimitsu yet, and I'm in D rank.

What platform are you playing on?

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I can't believe there's so few Voldo players online. In at least a ten or so hours of Casual and Ranked matches so far, I've fought one other Voldo player.

Deleted member 36186

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Just finished Libra of Souls. Starts of boring and slow but after a few hours it starts getting addictive and has a pretty good pace. Had a ton of fun with it!