• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I was so sure that Lizardman was gonna be one of the DLC characters considering he's literally in the game as the Lizardman Chief.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I was so sure that Lizardman was gonna be one of the DLC characters considering he's literally in the game as the Lizardman Chief.
I assume cas and Amy were chosen because they're the highest characters in the popularity poll not yet in the game. If they're going by the logic of "which characters would sell best", I can't see lizzy being very high on the list, particularly since you can make your own.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't shy away from the jiggle did they lol.

edit: Wow she has a lot of interesting tools. Going to take awhile to unpack.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
LOjuvd1.png

I'm off to a good start here

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Someone who's played Nier tell me what this is referring to, unless it's exactly what it looks like

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
She can do her super in the air?!?! That's nuts.

1st hour combo: 3, B+K, AAB. 81 damage, that's scary.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else get a save data corrupted error after booting up the Steam version post-patch? Lost everything.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
Results from datamine snooperings:
  • There are numerous mentions of Cassandra and Amy. It's all subtle references here and there, but I think it's 100% confirmed these two are the last DLC characters in the pass.
  • SC1 music is still there sitting quietly being unused. I have no idea why Namco hasn't released this yet.
  • Edge Master is still listed as a fighting style. But I got a new theory about this. Maybe it's not a reference to Edge Master himself, but a reference to your own character in Edge Master mode. You do fight your own character once in the story mode, so this opponent might have this "Edge Master" fighting style defined for him.
  • No references to any more stages besides 2B's stage. Either Amy and Cassandra will not have their own stages, or they haven't started working on them yet. My bet is on the former. (That said, there are references to what seems like a cut stage from making the main game.)
  • I am finding references to a LOT of new CAS items. A lot of unisex items, and based on the IDs it looks like the vast majority are items imported from SC4 or 5. I'll just copy and paste the list here: https://pastebin.com/raw/QkVn3rcL

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Cass and Amy? Well then, looks like I will be buying both the game and the season pass then (they and 2B would make it a good value for me). I had considered whether I'd bother with the latter contingent upon Cass being in, and while I also played Amy back in IV, I didn't want to be greedy and wouldn't have required her in spite of welcoming her.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Got the self destruct off online. Only way I've found to combo it is from a LH 4K which requires full analysis.

Jan 11, 2018
pretty fucked up to immediately dismiss characters as waifus.

It's not necessarily a comment about the actual characters as much as it is Bamco pandering to the same demographic as Dead or Alive these days (although it's not like they're adding Hilde, is it?). Not a single male character in the season pass, like... really? And yes, if this had been a total sausage party I would have called them out on that too.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
It's not necessarily a comment about the actual characters as much as it is Bamco pandering to the same demographic as Dead or Alive these days (although it's not like they're adding Hilde, is it?). Not a single male character in the season pass, like... really? And yes, if this had been a total sausage party I would have called them out on that too.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the season pass being only female characters. Even when including Cassandra and Amy the roster is still mostly male characters.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017

The gender ratio of the roster is still skewed - it's only coming off that way since they shunted all of those characters to DLC because they knew far more people would pay for them than Zasalamel.

Jan 11, 2018
The gender ratio of the roster is still skewed - it's only coming off that way since they shunted all of those characters to DLC because they knew far more people would pay for them than Zasalamel.

And the skin to armour ratio is skewed in the other direction. Male characters wear more than ever while the opposite is true for the female characters.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
And the skin to armour ratio is skewed in the other direction. Male characters wear more than ever while the opposite is true for the female characters.

Aside from Mina, I haven't noticed much in the way of female defaults being much skimpier than previous games.

What does annoy me is Siegfried's default not having a proper shirt.

In any case, there's nothing preventing you from making CaS costumes that are more to your liking for the default cast; but CaS characters aren't so much a substitute for the base game's roster being male-dominated.

Jan 11, 2018
Default presentation matters though. It's about how the game is marketed. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Cassandra looks like she did in SC2, but I expect her to look more like in SC4 (significantly bigger boobs + needless boob window in her outfit, and maybe something even more revealing this time). And Amy will probably be like Talim = jailbait design. They're about the same age, aren't they?

Also, there's nothing preventing you from making your own female characters either in CaS. If you want to flip that argument around.

Leaving out a character like Yun (or have Hwang represent the same move set) that was in both SC1 and SC2 to feature someone as obscure as Amy? Ugh. And don't tell me this isn't a valid complaint. It's as valid as the people who wanted Lei and Julia in Tekken 7.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Amy really is not that obscure, plus while it may be disappointing to see two more characters that are semi-clones it makes sense financially. I just hope Bandai Namco does the right thing and gives us a second season.

Both Cassandra and Amy have their own designs and voice actors in the story mode too.

unknown.png

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Wow 2B is a monster this is nuts, tried her a bit before bed last night she does so much damage, and feels great to play. Gonna be a lot of time practicing, she got plenty of tools at her disposal.

So Amy and Cassandra would be the last 2 chars? Why not, I like them both even though it means no Hwang, but anyway 2B is here now, honestly for me they can release any one ^^

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
2B got a pretty interesting moveset. A few too many press the button once and multiple attacks happen for my taste but she is cool. Gonna take a bit of getting used to her and making the most of the movement

Pretty cool

Don't let her use A in RE when Soul Charged

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
She's going to be an online monster. The range and the crazy weird mixups are going to catch a lot of people.

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, so she doesn't have a story mode. The items are quite limited too - all three dresses come as a set and replace anything else. You can only equip a few items on top. The blindfold is separate.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I bought this stupid season pass, so they'd better do a second one. One with Lizardman, Hwang, Hilde, and Setsuka.

No story for 2B, huh? I was worried about that. People were saying she'd have one because Tira was DLC and she had one, but Tira was clearly made during the main development period.

Hopefully it's just a guest character thing. Shame to have series vets return as DLC with no stories.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I could've sworn that the season pass was $35, but instead it's $30. Yet, seeing as there's four DLC characters in this season and they're $6 a piece, it would be cheaper for me not to bother with the season pass at all. I don't give a crap about the CaS parts packs, so buying everyone piecemeal would work out better for me.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Hilde has to be in this game too though. From what I remember she was definitely rumoured to be dlc.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I remember Vergeben saying Hilde would probably be DLC back before we knew the base roster, but that was Vergeben saying it. The season pass specifies Tira as a bonus alongside DLC characters A, B, and C. We have the first now with 2B, and the datamining already showed Cassandra and Amy to be the other two.