• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
If nothing else, it's a better price than the CaS dlc in V or IV. But it's also almost entirely ported from preexisting models. The new armors look a little weird too. Metal seems like it's missing some detail.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Going through the new DLC armor, there are a few nice, sexy pieces for the men, thankfully. (Mainly the Sanctified and Engineer sets.) Most of it is bulky as hell though.

What were the eight pieces added as part of the update for free though? I think the boy's blazer is one, but I don't see anything else.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Going through the new DLC armor, there are a few nice, sexy pieces for the men, thankfully. (Mainly the Sanctified and Engineer sets.) Most of it is bulky as hell though.

What were the eight pieces added as part of the update for free though? I think the boy's blazer is one, but I don't see anything else.

I have noticed a school girl top, a blazer and school girl slippers as shoes for female characters and a sports bag

Last edited:

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
You probably know it by now but yeah its up on EU psn

Looks like the patch helped with matchmaking.

Only have been playing against D ranks with a character in D

Thanks, didn't have the opportunity to log last night, I will tonight.

No more playing opponents with 20k more points than me? Nice

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I like the patch. Pairing logic is definitely better, win streak bonus is great. Matchmaking still takes too long, but hopefully the next planned set of changes will help with that.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So here is my theory for the dlc codenames and justifications for it
Star= Viola
Yell= Hilde
Reptile= Aeon
Snow= Setsuka
Yellow= Hwang?
Stone= Rock

Viola because in Amy's trailer when you see the orb it plays Viola's theme, Azwel mentions Amy's future self, Amy says sleep for eternity when using her critical edge while Viola says sleep forever. Star is associated with astrology and Viola's weapon is an orb. Her style in V is called Ars Planetarium.... etc. Everything about Viola fits the description but most of all I think the Amy trailer gives it away that she's going to be a character.

Yell.... This one is Hilde, IMO. She is a young military leader who values honour of her kingdom. Wolfkrone files are in the game and Hilde would be associated with yell because of going to war. Yes, I know this seems like it would fit Yun seung cause he's a loudmouth but I really think it is Hilde.

Reptile: OBVIOUSLY AEON CALCOS. His style is in the game already

Snow is Setsuka. Snow flower.... nobody else fits this description and she's placed high on the popularity poll.

Hwang is most definitely Yellow. I can't think of anyone else.... his name literally means yellow in Chinese lol.

Stone: Rock is too obvious.

In order of the popularity poll, it might seem like these guesses are correct.

1. Talim - 862
2. Taki - 720
3. Mitsurugi - 594
4. Ivy - 536
5. Kilik - 536
6. Siegfried - 500
7. Nightmare - 498
8. Zasalamel - 471
9. Yoshimitsu - 454
10. Tira - 438
11. Sophitia - 378
12. Cassandra - 339
13. Amy - 311
14. Yun-seong - 295
15. Seong Mi-na - 291
16. Cervantes - 268
17. Voldo - 259
18. Xianghua - 257
19. Raphael - 254
20. Setsuka - 214
21. Viola - 201
22. Maxi - 199
23. Hwang - 193
24. Hilde - 154
25. Astaroth - 142
26. Z.W.E.I. - 113
27. Natsu - 100
28. Pyrrha - 98
29. Xiba - 81
30. Lizardman - 76
31. Rock - 71
32. Li Long - 65
33. Algol - 59
34. Dampierre - 54
35. Aeon - 52
36. Pyrrha Omega - 45
37. Patroklos - 32
38. Alpha Patroklos - 30
39. Soul Edge - 30
40. Leixia - 28
41. Abyss - 27
42. Charade - 27
43. Olcadan - 26
44. Elysium - 23
45. Edge Master - 15

3 females and 3 males unlike our all female season pass for season 1.... this thing balances it out. Rock and Aeon seem to have ranked low but were probably chosen because they are veterans. Notice how Cassandra and Amy are high on the list too. I think this is our dlc.

Regardless, it's just speculation.

Last edited:

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I am curious as to how they will make Rock mechanically interesting through new subsystems and meter. I always preferred him to Astaroth but I feel like they sort of gave up on trying on trying to make Rock stand out. Aeon/Lizardman is another that is going to be interesting to see. I highly doubt they are just going to bring characters like these in without making them stand out.

Your call on Viola might be a little off though. I think it is fair to assume one of the characters in the next pass is going to be a new guest. They seem to not want to reference Soul Calibur V at all too, but who knows.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Everyone seems to get a gimmick of some sort in SCVI to distinguish their playstyles further than in past entries. I really like it, as it goes hard in on making sure that no character seems redundant.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
FYI - Soulcalibur VI, the deluxe edition, and the season pass by itself, are all on sale in PSN for the weekend in EU territories at least.
I finally got the season pass for AU $18, down from $45.

I don't have plus at the moment, so my scrub 2B will not bother anybody on here for now.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, interesting top 8 here. We got Astaroth, we got Tira, we got Taki, we got TWO Azwels... I wonder if Boom will bust out the Raphael again. edit: oh oops boom was out at 9th, I forgot.

I'm anticipating Linkorz will probably win, but it should be a good top 8 nonetheless.

Last edited:

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of picking this up on psn while the sale is on. Is there anything added to the deluxe edition beyond the season pass? Looks cheaper to buy the standard edition and season pass separate.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, east coast too stronk. The top 4 is basically an NLBC weekly.

Also saiyne is... really good.

Thinking of picking this up on psn while the sale is on. Is there anything added to the deluxe edition beyond the season pass? Looks cheaper to buy the standard edition and season pass separate.
Digitally, all that's added is the season pass.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The jaxeldome monthly is on https://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

edit: whew whoazz is back with his sick raph. He took that without a whole lot of trouble. I don't think linkorz or saiyne were there, but other than them he beat the best in the east.

Last edited:

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yo what the fuck did they do to Xianghua? Why did they even change her?

Edit: Ok I overreacted she plays pretty much the same lol. Just some stuff doesn't work. But Jesus this game still has shitty matchmaking? I play one ranked match after a couple of months of not playing and my first match not only takes really long to find, but is also against a guy with 0 RP. Come on.

Last edited:

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Yo what the fuck did they do to Xianghua? Why did they even change her?

Edit: Ok I overreacted she plays pretty much the same lol. Just some stuff doesn't work. But Jesus this game still has shitty matchmaking? I play one ranked match after a couple of months of not playing and my first match not only takes really long to find, but is also against a guy with 0 RP. Come on.

Apparently I read your post a secon before your edit, which wasn t here before I quoted. I got really scared for a second ^^

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently I read your post a secon before your edit, which wasn t here before I quoted. I got really scared for a second ^^

Lol yeah she's fine for the most part I think. I was just freaking out because I could no longer do 6K -> A after 66[A+B] SXS K. The kick at the end doesn't launch the up anymore. They instead come crashing down. I'm not sure why they did that. I'm guessing to lessen ring out potential. But now because of that, it's harder to combo into her CE. She also no longer seems to have the safe version of her 6K -> [A] SXS K where you press back at the end to make her roll backwards in case they block it. I suck at notations so I apologize if that makes no sense.

Last edited:

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Lol yeah she's fine for the most part I think. I was just freaking out because I could no longer do 6K -> A after 66[A+B] SXS K. The kick at the end doesn't launch the up anymore. They instead come crashing down. I'm not sure why they did that. I'm guessing to lessen ring out potential. But now because of that, it's harder to combo into her CE. She also no longer seems to have the safe version of her 6K -> [A] SXS K where you press back at the end to make her roll backwards in case they block it. I suck at annotations so I apologize if that makes no sense.
As I witnessed in the last tourneys I watched, crashing the opponent on the ground after 66[A+B] SXS K seems to really mess opponents up mix up wise. I also reckon maybe you can chain the ground throw after that and go from there.

For the 6K -> [A] SXS K follow up, maybe were talking aboit different moves, but gor me it was always a side roll, and I had to press 2 or 8 to roll, never 4 and i never dodged backward, didnt even know it worked. The side roll still works today

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As I witnessed in the last tourneys I watched, crashing the opponent on the ground after 66[A+B] SXS K seems to really mess opponents up mix up wise. I also reckon maybe you can chain the ground throw after that and go from there.

For the 6K -> [A] SXS K follow up, maybe were talking aboit different moves, but gor me it was always a side roll, and I had to press 2 or 8 to roll, never 4 and i never dodged backward, didnt even know it worked. The side roll still works today

Ah you're right. It's been a while so I thought it was 4. I'm relieved then. With how patch happy Bamco has been with this game, I was worried I'd return and find a nerfed to hell Xianghua. If only they fixed the damn matchmaking. It really turns me off from the game.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Ah you're right. It's been a while so I thought it was 4. I'm relieved then. With how patch happy Bamco has been with this game, I was worried I'd return and find a nerfed to hell Xianghua. If only they fixed the damn matchmaking. It really turns me off from the game.
Honestly I dont even remember the very little changes they gave her, besides the one you pointed out. For me she is as great as before. Agreed about the matchmaking, they said it was improved, but the rank of my opponent can still randomly be 0 or 20k points. However i never have to wait long for a match when i wait playing arcade mode

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
https://youtu.be/_FgZtYf82RI

Sc6 stream happening right now

Q&A and Amy info

They went over the questions from the SC6 panel from Evo Japan

For Amy not much shown no gameplay.

Her Soul Chronicles is supposedly among the longest

D1XzKQbV4AE1nEJ

Foresight mechanic that becomes stronger the more she dodges attacks. Not sure if we knew about that already

Amy's SC4 outfit will be a free download for everyone

More Amy info at the SC6 Weapon Master event on March 21st.

Last edited:

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't it initially reported that she threw roses out for some of her moves and that was the mechanic? Or could they be the same thing? (dodge a move, throw a rose?)
They mentioned she throws roses but it wasn't the new mechanic.
While maintaining many of her moves from the previous SOULCALIBURs, SoulCalibur VI adds new actions where she throws roses at the opponent. Even if you have played Amy in the previous games, there are new things to try out this time around. Her unique component in SoulCalibur VI is that she has certain abilities in her movelist that raise an "Abandonment Level" (見切りレベル). Over the course of a match, you can gradually build this up to later unleash a very powerful attack.

Is there a patch coming alongside Amy?
I believe at Evo Japan they said next balance patch would come with Amy, but I can't find a link to back that up.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I believe at Evo Japan they said next balance patch would come with Amy, but I can't find a link to back that up.
Yeah I remember that too.

If there is a patch, I wonder what will happen with NorCal regionals. That's from the 29-31, if amy and a patch drop on the 26 will they be used in tournament?

I don't actually want any balance changes, I just want character select button config, lol

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Yet another balance patch after being out for less than half a year, with the full roster still not available all while they pretend we don't know who the last character is, is the last thing this game needs.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
If there is a patch, I wonder what will happen with NorCal regionals. That's from the 29-31, if amy and a patch drop on the 26 will they be used in tournament?
Last patch came a few days before a big tournament and they played on the old patch. Don't know if they'll choose to do the same here or not. Might depend on how drastic the patch is.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I was playing with a friend online for a good while, and then it just started getting stuck on the character select screen. The timer goes to 0, and then just stays there for us. We tried again several times after the issue started, and it still kept happening. Well, at least we got a good hour or so in before the issue. Heh.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I remember that too.

I don't actually want any balance changes, I just want character select button config, lol

If Amy drops on the 26th, I would be shocked if she's allowed at NCR.

Yet another balance patch after being out for less than half a year, with the full roster still not available all while they pretend we don't know who the last character is, is the last thing this game needs.

Unless the patches fixes all the nonsense adjustments made over the last two patches. I'd start playing again if they fixed some of that.

I was playing with a friend online for a good while, and then it just started getting stuck on the character select screen. The timer goes to 0, and then just stays there for us. We tried again several times after the issue started, and it still kept happening. Well, at least we got a good hour or so in before the issue. Heh.

Did you try changing hosts?

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The translated Q&A is out
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/evo-japan-soulcalibur-vi-community-questions-follow-up

A lot of "we're working on it", but i liked these parts:
39. Are there any plans for a future SOULCALIBUR World Tour?

We truly appreciate your request for SOULCALIBUR World Tour. Actually TEKKEN WORLD TOUR is arranged among various peoples, and held by solving so many issues. For making SOULCALIBUR World Tour happen, we need to arrange, discuss many things and it will take some time. At this point we are not able to reply.​
Sounds like a world tour really is coming!

38. I enjoyed the online battle with an in-game chat in "Player Match" of the previous title. It is a pity not to have the in-game chat in this title for the easier communication. Will it be added by update?

We really hesitated on how to proceed with the online related elements existed in the previous title including "Global Colosseo". For in-game chat having both a chat feature and emotes would be the best of both words, but ended up only implementing the emotes during the development. Since this is a very requested feature, we are still considering it.​

26. Would it be possible to have the option to turn ON or OFF for the equipment/clothes destruction feature?

Although we have prioritized the joy brought by the destruction mechanic, we are looking into various solutions of the parts destruction setting.​
These would be cool. Sound like the kind of things that could come during season 2.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I love this game and the series in general, but I have always seriously struggled to do even half decently online. I know a lot of the lower ranking players are not going to be around too much considering the game's age, but I feel like I am constantly hitting a brick wall and it is extremely frustrating, especially when the other player styles on me, heh.

I feel like ultimately my biggest issue is I try to confuse my opponents without taking advantage of my opportunities well or committing to any real combos and overall play too defensively. Another big issue is I am pretty dedicated to sticking with Tira even though I am well aware of her serious drawbacks and difficulty. I have watched a lot of higher level play over the years, but it seems like none of it has helped me understand how to avoid my problems.

This is also the first time I have properly played the game in months, so I just got to try out 2B. She seems entirely anti-fun to fight, but I assume she is just a scrubkiller with clear weaknesses like Noctis and Negan in Tekken 7, yeah?