• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the S2 DLC is a guarantee at all. I'll be happy if it's announced at Evo, but I don't expect it (I am hopeful)

It's definitely going to be lower budget than T7 S2 DLC, but they don't have to play for stupid Negan. (my guess is they'd make 30-40% of what Namco made from S2 Tekken DLC)

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Looking forward to Cassandra with a hidden counter dedicated to the amount of times she hit the opponent with her butt!

I don't think the S2 DLC is a guarantee at all. I'll be happy if it's announced at Evo, but I don't expect it (I am hopeful)

It's definitely going to be lower budget than T7 S2 DLC, but they don't have to play for stupid Negan. (my guess is they'd make 30-40% of what Namco made from S2 Tekken DLC)
I agree that S2 is not a complete lock, but it does seem pretty likely with how Namco is clearly meaning to support SCVI for at least another year as far as the competitive scene goes. Plus as others have mentioned, a reveal at Evo would be perfect timing. I suspect the last end of this current DLC pass finishes up a fair bit before then too, but we have no idea when they intend to roll out the rest of the content.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, if the new consoles are in 2020, the teams are not going to jump onto a new Tekken8, TTT3 or SC7 for a while. Same logic as MK11's promised extended support.
I'm cautiously optimistic for the second season pass.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Also, if the new consoles are in 2020, the teams are not going to jump onto a new Tekken8, TTT3 or SC7 for a while. Same logic as MK11's promised extended support.
I'm cautiously optimistic for the second season pass.

I coud see the 2nd season pass announced at TGS. Was gonna say Evo but the schedule of the dlc so far seems to point towards late June early July for Cassandra so it seems too early for the announcement of a 2nd pass to be there

Pretty cool SC reference in the leaked MK dlc.

Spawn is among the leaked characters and has a SC reference in the intro

Spawn: You've been to other dimensions?

Scorpion: Each has had it's own injustices.

Spawn: Maybe that's why my soul still burns.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I coud see the 2nd season pass announced at TGS. Was gonna say Evo but the schedule of the dlc so far seems to point towards late June early July for Cassandra so it seems too early for the announcement of a 2nd pass to be there

Pretty cool SC reference in the leaked MK dlc.

Spawn is among the leaked characters and has a SC reference in the intro

Spawn: You've been to other dimensions?

Scorpion: Each has had it's own injustices.

Spawn: Maybe that's why my soul still burns.

That line is pretty badass lol. I love it.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Texas Showdown top 8 coming up

Winners:
linkorz
Party Wolf
LoloMx
Bluegod

Losers:
OmegaDR
CanoPR
ArcticKomodo
Jimbonator

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Last edited:

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Hooray, battle system and character move adjustments, just what I always wanted!!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Free cosutumes coming with the patch it seems
soulcalibur-6_free-costumes.jpg

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
ZWEI soon? No.
Azwel still boring as sin if you want to have any kind of success with him after the terrible changes? Yes.
A majority of the competitive community still failing to properly lab Azwel? Yes.
Yoshi still super boring to play compared to SC4/5 Yoshi? Yes.

Looks like I'll continue my hiatus. Namco really needs to work on their advertising for SC6. It feels like the game is dead. You don't have to wait until you have a character trailer to talk about DLC characters.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Slightly frustrated that they can't include custom variations of the default characters on that selector, though.

Hopefully this release means Cassandra is getting revealed soon.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Dang this sounds great! 150 pieces? 97 songs? P3/P4 colors? Nvidia ansell? Great stuff all around. I think what I'm most excited for is the new music, I can't wait to rock out to some sc2 and 3 tunes.

This is a really good pack, they should have announced and shilled it at texas showdown instead of basically stealth dropping it.

So once this is out will the game finally have the most CaS pieces of any SC game?

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
97 is a very large amount of music. If it's all stage music as with the SE and SC1 music tracks, then I expect this to contain music from SC2, 3, 4, and 5.

valeo

Oct 27, 2017
Uninstalled this because I've really been struggling to find games on PC :( Disappointing.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
New music is very cool.

Changes seem fine. Nerfing GI was stupid, so buffing it now is good. Other than being confused at what Mitsu's 1BB nerf explanation means, nothing else sounds too objectionable.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I am pretty surprised to see them focus on making everyone stronger instead of bringing anyone in particular down.

Pumped for this update mostly for the music and customization though.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, but I feel by now they would be finding their footing with some stuff here. I aint really complaining because it should make high level play more exciting.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta remember Tekken had 2 years of this before console release, and Okubo's philosophy (somewhat by necessity) is different than Harada's (I like Okubo's more though)

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Balance update is live on steam! Looks like it includes the P3/P4 colors too.

Last edited:

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Amy's 4p colors are Viola's

Mitsu's 3p is the original Arthur, which was just mitsu with Blonde hair and eye patch

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the DLC part of it isn't out yet. That said, they are counting male and female parts that are identical as 2 items.

Songs might be total songs. I think they were at about 50 or so before this patch.

Asta's color 4 not being Rock gives me hope Rock would be in a S2 DLC roster.