• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Fancy new effects on those Ivy grabs, especially the fastest input versions.

Taki possession stuff is pretty neat. Now they just need to make her side rolls less shit

Those RE effects are a bit much

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta remember Tekken had 2 years of this before console release, and Okubo's philosophy (somewhat by necessity) is different than Harada's (I like Okubo's more though)

No way. Many of the changes in SC6 patches seem like the dev team doesn't understand how these characters play (or focused around online nerfs that don't need to happen). Plus, they made big changes way too early to the point where many competitive players still don't know some matchups.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Just checked out the new colors. There's some nice ones in there. They need to make it so we can select any of the four colors as a base when making a CaS version of the SC characters.

The Japanese website put up a list of all the new DLC, if you haven't seen it yet. There's a few good pieces. (Thankfully a new sexy set of underwear for the men. Of course the ladies get five, but it's better than nothing.)

https://sc6.soularchive.jp/products/dlc05.php

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Watching NLBC and WNF last night, it seems like tournament players are pretty happy about the patch. I'm also generally pretty happy. Slightly jelly of azwel and his 3 new moves. Apparently there were like 140 hitbox fixes, jeez. Doing hitboxes for a 3d fighter sounds like a nightmare compared to 2D.

I'm guessing there's no way to buy the music without the CaS stuff huh?
Nope. I would probably pay 7 bucks for this armor pack if there were no armor and it was just sc2/sc3 music haha

But there is a mod for the PC version for sc2 or sc3 music

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Just a heads up for North Americans. The new DLC pack is up on the PSN Store, but they screwed up its placement. It's not available via search or on SCVI's game page, you can only find it in the "What's Hot > New Add Ons" section.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Thanks. Kept checking to see if it was up, but couldn't find it. Heh.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine in Europe found it immediately...

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Just a heads up for North Americans. The new DLC pack is up on the PSN Store, but they screwed up its placement. It's not available via search or on SCVI's game page, you can only find it in the "What's Hot > New Add Ons" section.
Amusingly enough, it was the other way around for me (Japanese account): the new add ons section somehow was completely empty, and I had to look for the game page to find the new DLC. Reminder #48 that the Japanese store is garbage.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like every single time new DLC comes out PS4 players are having trouble downloading it

Anyway I went through the music to put songs on my stages, and while sc3 definitely had some bangers, basically every single song from the SC2 OST was top-tier except for voldo's. I think that must be the musical high-point of the series.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like every single time new DLC comes out PS4 players are having trouble downloading it

Anyway I went through the music to put songs on my stages, and while sc3 definitely had some bangers, basically every single song from the SC2 OST was top-tier except for voldo's. I think that must be the musical high-point of the series.

SC2 has Confrontation so you are correct.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
SCII having Hubris was what stood out most for me.

I still like Soul Edge/Soul Blade's Khan Super Session tracks best, and of course Edge of Soul, but I don't see us getting any of that.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, I want to pick the game up but I only have a wi-fi connection. It works fine for Smash Bros but it was terrible for SFV. Can I play this game?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Time to play some online

"A etwork error has occured" every time I try to search for a match

.. guess I am not playing then

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Does it still take long to find a match and when you do is it someone at rank G5 or lower?

depends on the time of day obviously a bit but usually I get people around the rank of my character and doesn't really take long to search of course you get the occasional your character is in D ranks you fight someone with B2 followed by a match vs someone in G4

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Wi-fi is terrible for any online fighting game.

This is not true. Obviously a LAN connection is ideal, but I can play against wifi players in MK11 without much issue. Same goes for wifi in SC6 as long as the bars are there for a good connection. DOA6 on the other hand... I wouldn't touch a wifi connection in that game.

Noted. I guess I'll wait until I get an ethernet.

What's your standard for connections in fighting games? Do you mind a little bit of lag or are you an offline tournament player who needs it to be as close to offline as possible? Even in the best conditions SC6 doesn't have great online, but I don't find much different between wifi and LAN opponents so long as it's at least a 4-bar connection.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is not true. Obviously a LAN connection is ideal, but I can play against wifi players in MK11 without much issue. Same goes for wifi in SC6 as long as the bars are there for a good connection. DOA6 on the other hand... I wouldn't touch a wifi connection in that game.

What's your standard for connections in fighting games? Do you mind a little bit of lag or are you an offline tournament player who needs it to be as close to offline as possible? Even in the best conditions SC6 doesn't have great online, but I don't find much different between wifi and LAN opponents so long as it's at least a 4-bar connection.

I can deal with the occasional pause for buffering but anything that lasts more than three seconds and happens more than twice drives me up the wall.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I can deal with the occasional pause for buffering but anything that lasts more than three seconds and happens more than twice drives me up the wall.

I rarely see pauses for buffering in SC6. The match may run slow, but that's generally the kind of latency I get. When I play some friends who I know are on wifi, it's just a little slower than a LAN connection, but there isn't a noticeable difference IMO (and I'm very picky about my netcode). Like I said, I don't think SC6 netcode is all that great no matter the connection, but I don't think there's a significant difference between wifi and LAN for this game.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I rarely see pauses for buffering in SC6. The match may run slow, but that's generally the kind of latency I get. When I play some friends who I know are on wifi, it's just a little slower than a LAN connection, but there isn't a noticeable difference IMO (and I'm very picky about my netcode). Like I said, I don't think SC6 netcode is all that great no matter the connection, but I don't think there's a significant difference between wifi and LAN for this game.

Hmm.

Well, I think I'll get around to it once I clear out some of my backlog, and maybe by then I'll splurge on an ethernet adapter (though my modem is in another room so I think I'm screwed either way). I wanna get Samurai Shodown when it comes out too.

This decision would be so much easier if they brought back Hwang. Love that dude.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Amy's a lot of fun in this. Just wish I could find people who'll rematch (went against players who were only sprouts with their respective characters as I am with her now, but neither stuck around after I won 3-0 on both occasions and it's taking forever to find anyone else).

Last edited:

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If your controller is wired there's no need to de
Hmm.

Well, I think I'll get around to it once I clear out some of my backlog, and maybe by then I'll splurge on an ethernet adapter (though my modem is in another room so I think I'm screwed either way). I wanna get Samurai Shodown when it comes out too.

This decision would be so much easier if they brought back Hwang. Love that dude.

The good news is SC and Samsho are more lag tolerant than most fighters. As for Hwang, if S2 is announced he's very likely (small chance it's Yunsung instead)

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
As for Hwang, if S2 is announced he's very likely (small chance it's Yunsung instead)
I'd say it's the other way around. After Cassandra, Yun is by far the most voted for character not yet in the game. He was higher than 7 characters on the main roster. And even though I don't agree with people using the poll to rank actual popularity, it is very apparent that Namco has so far based their character choices on it.

And even though he doesn't appear in the game like Hwang does, he does get name dropped a few times.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it's the other way around. After Cassandra, Yun is by far the most voted for character not yet in the game. He was higher than 7 characters on the main roster. And even though I don't agree with people using the poll to rank actual popularity, it is very apparent that Namco has so far based their character choices on it.

And even though he doesn't appear in the game like Hwang does, he does get name dropped a few times.
He does? I could've sworn he had vanished entirely without a single mention anywhere in the new timeline, Mi-Na and Talim's Chronicles of the Sword stories included (I just may have not played the parts of the story where people actually mention him yet, if that's the case).

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
He does? I could've sworn he had vanished entirely without a single mention anywhere in the new timeline, Mi-Na and Talim's Chronicles of the Sword stories included (I just may have not played the parts of the story where people actually mention him yet, if that's the case).
Hwang or Mi-na name drop him in Libra of Souls at one point. And there's a library entry for him.

A2y12yv.jpg

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hwang or Mi-na name drop him in Libra of Souls at one point. And there's a library entry for him.

A2y12yv.jpg
Ah, definitely hadn't reached that point in Libra of Soul yet. And don't know how I completely forgot his museum entry.

EDIT: Extremely late edit, but turns out that I didn't forget it so much as missed it altogether because it's the only entry I'm missing (I have the other 35 on that list).

Last edited:

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played very much of this game over the last few months thanks to what I consider to be terrible patches, but today I decided to jump back on since I have a local on Saturday and I don't want to be super rusty.

It's been almost an hour and it's found two opponents. Same issues I had at launch that still haven't been fixed... yet they can completely retool characters with tons of patches? Priorities...

Jer

Oct 27, 2017

Oh no doubt! Raphael especially, can't believe that guy's not banned from the series already! Damn esports tryhards!

One of my proudest gamer moments was getting some guy to actually call the TO over at some SC5 local to try to get me DQed for spamming. I don't even remember what made him so mad, but his anger gave me life.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I take solace in the fact that Saiyne fighting Talim with Ivy doesn't look much more controlled or less annoying than when I fight Talims online so atleast I wasn't missing something obvious in that matchup.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Jeo was the only person I've seen since NEC who knows the Azwel matchup. He even GI'd Azwel's 6BB on reaction, which I never see (outside of my locals) and he BODIED Sandman because of it. Glad to see Azwel get exposed. Chat still thinks he's top tier though lol.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Dr dogg pls lol

Anyway that top 8 was amazing, holy shit. Richsticks took so many rounds from linkorz with a literal pixel of health left, and jeo's set against sandman was next level

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Jeo was the only person I've seen since NEC who knows the Azwel matchup. He even GI'd Azwel's 6BB on reaction, which I never see (outside of my locals) and he BODIED Sandman because of it. Glad to see Azwel get exposed. Chat still thinks he's top tier though lol.

Is 6BB his double axe slash thing? I fucking LOVE doing X's aGI on that thing. Easy lethal hit combo.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It was a welcome surprise to see at least one player on stream fight Azwel effectively.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Was going to buy Tira eventually and had occasional issues with the matchup anyway, so I finally got that out of the way. Fortunately I actually like her so far, so thankfully I can say that it amounted to more than me being a completist and this has been one of the only character seasons in a fighter without any duds for me.

Going by past character DLC releases, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cassandra by next month (2B was two months after Tira, and Amy was three months after 2B, with it almost having been another three months since Amy).

Last edited: