• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Dr dogg pls lol

Anyway that top 8 was amazing, holy shit. Richsticks took so many rounds from linkorz with a literal pixel of health left, and jeo's set against sandman was next level

That top 8 was pretty good. Maybe the best top 8 since launch? Excited for Evo. Hoping for no Azwel in top 8 lol

Is 6BB his double axe slash thing? I fucking LOVE doing X's aGI on that thing. Easy lethal hit combo.

...and I hate it. There's a good local X player who is a pain to fight against because of that.

Was going to buy Tira eventually and had occasional issues with the matchup anyway, so I finally got that out of the way. Fortunately I actually like her so far, so thankfully I can say that it amounted to more than me being a completist and this has been one of the only character seasons in a fighter without any duds for me.

Going by past character DLC releases, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cassandra by next month (2B was two months after Tira, and Amy was three months after 2B, with it almost having been another three months since Amy).

With any luck we'll get Cassie soon (E3? CEO?) with a season 2 announcement at Evo.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I think E3 would probably be a bad place. CEO could work, the timeframe matches up.

They've stated they want Cassandra to be legal at EVO, so I think she's out by end of June at the latest.
Ohhhh, did they state that somewhere? Nice confirmation. I'm going to EVO but I couldn't find info on their cutoff date for patches.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
They've stated they want Cassandra to be legal at EVO, so I think she's out by end of June at the latest.
While I agree with the timeline (or maybe early July), they've never said this. They don't say anything regarding EVO and the only thing they've ever said about the last character is that the season pass will be done by the end of Summer.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
Okubo replied to a poll I made asking when people think the next DLC character will get announced:

He voted "I have no idea" but surely he's just joking around and being silly.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
He voted "I have no idea" but surely he's just joking around and being silly.
There's always a slight chance that he legit doesn't know. If it isn't scheduled for a big event and is just gonna be released onto the internet, the marketing department could just drop it whenever. He really only needs to know when the DLC release date is if he's not involved in the reveal.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Matchmaking is still garbage in this game, BTW.

"Sprout with this character? Here's a C-rank Nightmare with a 6-win streak, lulz."

EDIT: And it just happened again, different player while I picked a different character. Yeah, fuck you too game.

EDIT2: Half the time it was players within a comparable range of character experience and half C4s.

Last edited:

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Matchmaking is still garbage in this game, BTW.

"Sprout with this character? Here's a C-rank Nightmare with a 6-win streak, lulz."

EDIT: And it just happened again, different player while I picked a different character. Yeah, fuck you too game.

EDIT2: Half the time it was players within a comparable range of character experience and half C4s.

100% agreed. It's terrible.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Taipei major pools are starting in 20 minutes on twitch.tv/versusasia

Top 8 will be tomorrow at 6pm PST

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Siegfried's changed a lot since his SC1/3 buttons. lol Trianglex3 doesn't do down down up, like it used to, taking a while to get used to it.

Apparently he's a top 3 char in the game though?

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, giving him evasive properties on his stances is completely too much. In general, I think chars are a bit overtuned in this, to the point it takes away from things some.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Amy released on March 26... almost 3 months ago. We still don't know (officially) who the last season one character is, or whether or not we'll get a season two.

I really don't understand the marketing behind this game.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The marketing efforts have been a complete dumpster fire. I would hope that Harada overseeing everything that Bamco makes now means that there will be actual improvements in communication after S1 should they have anything else planned, but I'd rather not expect too much.

Just releasing whom we already know they're holding back so that it's before Evo and with enough time for her to be tourney legal/players to be comfortable enough using in a major would be the bare minimum at this point. I'm continuing to wonder if things have stalled as they have as a result of yet another gimmicky enhancement mechanic that they have no idea how to make practical because they just can't make new characters straightforward anymore.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah thought we might get some news at e3

Time is running out for Cass to be released in time for anyone to learn her who wants to for Evo or even for her to be released in time to be allowed at Evo. Not sure what the cut off date is for dlc to be allowed at Evo

Oct 26, 2017
The dream would be Cassandra revealed at EVO, + Season 2 announced at EVO also.

At this rate however, I don't think that would happen. It'll probably just be Cassandra revealed at EVO.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
The dream would be Cassandra revealed at EVO, + Season 2 announced at EVO also.

At this rate however, I don't think that would happen. It'll probably just be Cassandra revealed at EVO.

They can't wait until Evo for a Cassie announcement. That would mean there's almost as much time from release to Amy as there would be from Amy to Cassie. Just can't see it taking that long.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
They can't wait until Evo for a Cassie announcement. That would mean there's almost as much time from release to Amy as there would be from Amy to Cassie. Just can't see it taking that long.

Especially when wasn't it even the case that Cass was before Amy in the files?

So it seems like she was planned to be out before Amy for a while

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty obvious Cassie was swapped out for ZWEI, and that's what is taking so long.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty surprised Cassie wasn't announced at E3. Maybe she's not ready because all resources are working on another balance patch.

I really need to practice for Evo. Has PS4 matchmaking gotten any better than it was a couple month a ago?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The last character is delayed because we're getting both Hwang and ZWEI as a reward for having to live through the waifu apocalypse.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Cassandra even that popular to give her main stage at Evo? Probably more than, say, Algol, but it would feel lackluster if a trailer for her was all they had to show.
Hopefully they will either make her available immediately after Evo, or bring a trailer for Season2.

What other thing do we expect to be shown at Evo, by the way? Cassandra for SC6, some sort of stuff to keep SF5 alive probably... maybe a new trailer for MK11's DLC? Tekken 7 and DBF are more or less done, aren't they?

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is Cassandra even that popular to give her main stage at Evo? Probably more than, say, Algol, but it would feel lackluster if a trailer for her was all they had to show.
Hopefully they will either make her available immediately after Evo, or bring a trailer for Season2.

What other thing do we expect to be shown at Evo, by the way? Cassandra for SC6, some sort of stuff to keep SF5 alive probably... maybe a new trailer for MK11's DLC? Tekken 7 and DBF are more or less done, aren't they?
God, I forgot about SFV, no wonder they didn't have a 4th season pass, it seems like they're wrapping up development on that.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we're going to get some extra content beyond the season pass for SC6, if only because they need to keep folks busy and not much is going to be brand new before the PS5.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

She outranked Amy back in that popularity poll, who got an Evo Japan stage reveal, in addition to some characters already in the base roster (namely Seong Mi-Na, Xianghua, Cervantes, Voldo, Raphael, Maxi, and Astaroth, with Mi-Na and Astaroth having gotten Evo 2018 stage reveals). It would be selling her short to say "probably" more popular than Algol, who didn't even make top 30. Tira was the only DLC character to get top 10 in it, and of course she was supposed to be in the base game anyway before the suits at Bamco wanted people to pay extra for her. If Project Soul's marketing department is truly and hopelessly dense as they appear to be, then they will wait all the way until Evo to announce her rather than CEO at the latest.

If it makes his fans feel any better, Yun-seong ranked just after Cass and Amy in that old poll, placing him nine spots higher than Hwang.

Last edited:

Jer

Oct 27, 2017

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
An update to 1.42 just showed up today on PS4. No idea what it's for.

EDIT: "Increased optimization of certain actions in battle."

Last edited:

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
An update to 1.42 just showed up today on PS4. No idea what it's for.

EDIT: "Increased optimization of certain actions in battle."
Just a couple fixes to bugs that popped up in the previous update.

Some lethal hits weren't triggering after reversal edges.
Taki had a specific interaction that would cause a crash.
2B's whiffed launcher wouldn't shift to her air stance if it was charged.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
That was never anything more than a rumor.

giphy.gif

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Hey, this is currently on sale on Steam and I am thinking about grabbing it. Is the PC version alright?
Never played a SC game before and I am more of a "play fighting games against AI to casually have a great time" person.
Is the story mode okay? I am fine with dumb and over the top stuff, as long as it does not take itself too seriously.

Should I care about the Season Pass? I don't know any of the characters besides 2B ;)

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
PC version's a good port. And SCVI will keep you busy in single player, between the meaty story mode and a rather sizable RPG mode as well. As for the season pass, I'd say if you have an interest in trying all characters on it or need parts for characters customization, I'd say go for it - otherwise you can just buy the characters you're interested in individually.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So best case scenario while being realistic:
Cass announced at CEO with a release shortly after

Season 2 confirmed at Evo but no characters shown since its so soon after the Cass release. Harada confirms the season alongside whatever they have for Tekken

TGS reveal for the first S2 character and release not long after.

Worst case scenario:
Cass was ready but since there is no S2 they pushed her back to have something at Evo and can do the "here is the Cass reveal and she is available now"