• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question about Libra of Souls ( lawd this is my favorite single player mode in a fighting game ever. It's a goddamn RPG!)

They told me about how I had to eat food during expeditions because my HP wouldn't regen and yet, I always have max hp at the start of the fights when I get to a node where shit goes down. Glitch or did I miss something?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Quick question about Libra of Souls ( lawd this is my favorite single player mode in a fighting game ever. It's a goddamn RPG!)

They told me about how I had to eat food during expeditions because my HP wouldn't regen and yet, I always have max hp at the start of the fights when I get to a node where shit goes down. Glitch or did I miss something?

Your health refills when you hit nodes. It's just during the travel part where it doesn't regen. If you're traveling a long distance, it can become problematic, but the more nodes you have unlocked, the safer traveling becomes.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another stupid question about Libra of Souls but why can't I access the two mission nodes near the part where the game unlocks it's systems and allow you to explore? They are always greyed out. Also I just realized you can miss out on missions. T_T sorry Maxi.

Edit. Oh man sorry for the double post

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Another stupid question about Libra of Souls but why can't I access the two mission nodes near the part where the game unlocks it's systems and allow you to explore? They are always greyed out. Also I just realized you can miss out on missions. T_T sorry Maxi.

Edit. Oh man sorry for the double post

It's been a while, so I'm not sure which you're talking about. Do you have any screenshots?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fucking high? Well then, that changes everything. It looks like a mid so I just assumed it was and never tested it.

Yeah the wide sweeping whip hit where she does a twirl is high

The close range sword slash is mid but obviously you can walk back

The axe kick split thing is vertical not exactly sure if it has any tracking. Always forget she has it

The stab from behind is also high. The kick is mid the stab that comes out of the ground to hit your back and can be charged to unblockable is high

The sweeping hit she has out of Serpent's Embrace is mid but you should have enough time to walk back and I think you can also step it in one direction and punish

Soul Charge Serpent's Embrace 6AA the first A becomes unblockable both hits are high

Last edited:

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for my....repetitive comments about the single player mode, I understand that this is primarily for the online crowd and that's fine. If I am stepping on too many toes I'll back off, no offense meant. But in Libra of Soul, I can't figure out how to revisit a town to purchase new weapons and items. Do I have to wait for the next town to unlock?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for my....repetitive comments about the single player mode, I understand that this is primarily for the online crowd and that's fine. If I am stepping on too many toes I'll back off, no offense meant. But in Libra of Soul, I can't figure out how to revisit a town to purchase new weapons and items. Do I have to wait for the next town to unlock?

Press square to bring up the list of places you've been to. You can go to any of them. I think it's square anyway. Or X if you're on Xbox I guess.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh jesus christ, I tried online for the first time in a many long years for a fighting game online and my Ivy got bound, gagged, hooded, and bashed to hell and back. I still can't play a competitive fighting game dammit. But I'll keep at it! I will goddamn get better this time,

Nah I'm lying to myself. I'll never even see that 5 ranked match trophy if the opening guys are that good hahahaha, I got bent over severely.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Oh jesus christ, I tried online for the first time in a many long years for a fighting game online and my Ivy got bound, gagged, hooded, and bashed to hell and back. I still can't play a competitive fighting game dammit. But I'll keep at it! I will goddamn get better this time,

Nah I'm lying to myself. I'll never even see that 5 ranked match trophy if the opening guys are that good hahahaha, I got bent over severely.

You only have to play 5 matches, not win them. Still, I think it's worth sticking with. Those Ws you'll get are worth holding onto.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You only have to play 5 matches, not win them. Still, I think it's worth sticking with. Those Ws you'll get are worth holding onto.
Sadly it is winning 5 ranked matches, which will clearly never happen with me. Me and my bro Zasalamel didn't work out this time, Tira might as well fight in a straightjacket while blindfolded ( Iegit stuggled with normal AI with her) so Ivy it was and....

I got hammered by the brutal justice of PSN. Kind of hard to take as a wannabe trophy warrior. Thank god they made beefy single player hahahahaha. Still...I'll try to become a beast Ivy. I'll "try".

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Sadly it is winning 5 ranked matches, which will clearly never happen with me. Me and my bro Zasalamel didn't work out this time, Tira might as well fight in a straightjacket while blindfolded ( Iegit stuggled with normal AI with her) so Ivy it was and....

I got hammered by the brutal justice of PSN. Kind of hard to take as a wannabe trophy warrior. Thank god they made beefy single player hahahahaha. Still...I'll try to become a beast Ivy. I'll "try".
Don't worry dude, you'll get it eventually. If it's just 5 ranked wins, you can just use a cheap move or two to get those wins since it's early ranks and no one knows defense :p

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington

Ahhh my bad. I thought it was just 5 played matches. Well, there's always Nightmare lol.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like i'll become like a thorn in SC-Era's foot. Cause you ain't done with me. I'm getting them trophies. And my (soul of) Ivy will get better. Just temped to get her in a gimp mask for now for how much disrespect she's taking (dem Japanese Raphaels are brutal).

I think...you fucks are stuck with me for now....but I owe it to the game. Finally a goddamn fighting game with multiple single player modes worth a damn. Us casuals exists. And it brought me...to be ringed out, and concussioned as hell. Online! See? Give us the content, and we'll dip that toe in. Before it's bitten off by an army of Nightmare shaped sharks. And NOPE, ain't using that no 1 tiered fucker. No way no how.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you want to get good in a fighting game you have to completely forget about trophies, imo!

Also NM and Siegfried are fun, you don't necessarily have to play cheap with them like most do.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
If you want to get good in a fighting game you have to completely forget about trophies, imo!

Also NM and Siegfried are fun, you don't necessarily have to play cheap with them like most do.
Spot on for NM lol. I actually tried him a bit of late, and despite me having "choice" words about him a few days back, he's actually really fun to play. He's slow, but not in the same way chars like Astaroth are slow. The cast in this game is small, but a lot of them are really fun to play as.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spot on for NM lol. I actually tried him a bit of late, and despite me having "choice" words about him a few days back, he's actually really fun to play. He's slow, but not in the same way chars like Astaroth are slow. The cast in this game is small, but a lot of them are really fun to play as.
Another thing I see people often not understanding seemingly, if they want to be competent or good they need to at least learn every character on a fundamental level, otherwise it's very hard to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each character which makes it often impossible to win...
Of course current practice of fighting game makers to release additional characters during the game's life doesn't make this easier, doesn't change the fact either though.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not trying to be mean, but has anyone ever fought someone that made you wonder how they made it so far in the rankings? I fought a Nightmare that was E2 like me, but he was easily the worst Nightmare I've ever faced. It's like he didn't understand that his explosion and CE are vulnerable to lows and just kept trying them. To be fair, it's Nightmare so I can kinda understand. But then I played an E4 Mina that was just bizarre. He didn't play like a Mina at all. It was so weird after just having faced a really good Mina player. This guy didn't 6A or 1B once. It just really threw me off. Again, not being mean. I'm mediocre. I was just really confused.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
To be honest only with Nightmare players, I'm only F2 at the moment but last night I had a few games against 2 E1 Nightmare players and both of them were garbage and lost the match, one of them I had previously run into the night before so I remembered his terrible gameplay, it is clear that it's the character that is carrying them that far. I'm also a very average player at best but it's nice to know I'm not on autopilot.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest only with Nightmare players, I'm only F2 at the moment but last night I had a few games against 2 E1 Nightmare players and both of them were garbage and lost the match, one of them I had previously run into the night before so I remembered his terrible gameplay, it is clear that it's the character that is carrying them that far. I'm also a very average player at best but it's nice to know I'm not on autopilot.

Yeah it's really easy to tell who the Nightmares that are being carried are. Once I see a Nightmare stance dance though, I know shit just got real.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
The game has almost earned its Featuring Dante sticker.

5bef047fdaf46.jpg

Also, Mitsurugi keeps getting all of the original weapon models.

5bf1c7553bcc0.jpg

5bf1d5c366054.jpg

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not trying to be mean, but has anyone ever fought someone that made you wonder how they made it so far in the rankings? I fought a Nightmare that was E2 like me, but he was easily the worst Nightmare I've ever faced. It's like he didn't understand that his explosion and CE are vulnerable to lows and just kept trying them. To be fair, it's Nightmare so I can kinda understand. But then I played an E4 Mina that was just bizarre. He didn't play like a Mina at all. It was so weird after just having faced a really good Mina player. This guy didn't 6A or 1B once. It just really threw me off. Again, not being mean. I'm mediocre. I was just really confused.

In my experience, anyone below D rank is usually average at best. E and F feel about the same to me, with G being the really, really novice players. i think it's easier to rise up in ranks around that level, especially using a scrub killer like Nightmare.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Man, fighting azwel as talim seems rough. His sonic backdash is pretty hard on her, and he's good at keeping her out.

Fortunately it seems her RE B beats his RE K since it's got 2 hits.

Sorry Azwels, I don't wanna spam RE but the game is making me. :V

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Number 3 player in EU teabagged and winquitted me after a tight 3-2. I wasn't expecting that kind of behaviour from top players.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Man, fighting azwel as talim seems rough. His sonic backdash is pretty hard on her, and he's good at keeping her out.

Fortunately it seems her RE B beats his RE K since it's got 2 hits.

Sorry Azwels, I don't wanna spam RE but the game is making me. :V

You need to watch his stance. If he's in ax stance his fastest attack is i14 and linear (6B). That should give you an advantage at close range if you make the right read.

As for RE, any Azwel who spams RE K either doesn't know it can be punished, or is testing to see if you know. Talim RE spam is annoying when I play as Azwel, but I still generally prevail just by staying in sword stance or keeping her out while in ax stance. This is even harder for Talim online when it's much more difficult to dash guard forward to avoid Azwel's long range pokes.

Number 3 player in EU teabagged and winquitted me after a tight 3-2. I wasn't expecting that kind of behaviour from top players.

From my experience most of the top ranked players aren't actually top players. This is coming from me, who is the #3 Azwel on US PS4. I'm definitely not the best Azwel in the US. Not even close.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
From my experience most of the top ranked players aren't actually top players. This is coming from me, who is the #3 Azwel on US PS4. I'm definitely not the best Azwel in the US. Not even close.

Yeah, didn't mean it as tournament top players, I presume they have other things to do than grind ranked. I've seen some known names like Wolfkrone, but mostly unknown players.

The game has almost earned its Featuring Dante sticker.

Ranked is Guts fest for me. I see 2 or 3 of them each time I play!

SETSUKA WHEN, OKUBO?

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
This game really needs infinite rematches in ranked like Tekken, or at least faster matchmaking. Playing for the first time in a couple weeks, it really stands out how brutally slow it is and how much time you just spend waiting. Not sure why it's so hard to incorporate best practices from a franchise made by the same company.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Man, these high-ranking Nightmare players sure like to run. The #1 Nightmare fights me in a full set when he loses now so props to him, but the #2 just got washed by me (ending his streak), played a second match and won, then bailed super fast. Gotta protect those points, huh?

This game really needs infinite rematches in ranked like Tekken, or at least faster matchmaking. Playing for the first time in a couple weeks, it really stands out how brutally slow it is and how much time you just spend waiting. Not sure why it's so hard to incorporate best practices from a franchise made by the same company.

Matchmaking is not working as intended right now. A patch is coming.

Last edited:

DasRavenEra

Oct 27, 2017
RDU
Update:

I got my remaining casual wins scumming Nightmare in a 1/60 room. So much damage and safety!
Remind me why am I bothering with strategy and mind games again?

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand what Voldo's stupid ass crawling LH even is. I have no idea what to do when he's doing that. I think you have to block low to avoid it, but that's risky because he can just do that horizontal mid to fuck your shit up and go back into the damn crawl.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand what Voldo's stupid ass crawling LH even is. I have no idea what to do when he's doing that. I think you have to block low to avoid it, but that's risky because he can just do that horizontal mid to fuck your shit up and go back into the damn crawl.

If you're blocking while standing it triggers LH. Doesn't sidestep and RE beat it?

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Jer, mitsu is fucking sweet right now.

Took me like 3 weeks to get the knack of his new shit but god damn I don't think I will ever bitch about them taking them away 2kb goodness now that I have 1bb or 236[k]. Jaeger has shown me the light. His mixup game is so fucking strong once you get a good read on your opponent. I will miss sc2/sc3 mitsu but sc6 mitsu I'm liking a lot more than sc4/5 mitsu.

Missed this post. Watched some Jaeger videos, definitely motivational. 236[K] looks pretty great, I need to use it much more.

Ugh I'm in the midst of a character crisis, I can't decide whether to stick with Mitsu or X. Who I want to main is basically whoever I used most recently. I thought playing in a local with each of them would provide clarity, but they both did equally well, so no help whatsoever. I really just need to make a decision!

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, these high-ranking Nightmare players sure like to run. The #1 Nightmare fights me in a full set when he loses now so props to him, but the #2 just got washed by me (ending his streak), played a second match and won, then bailed super fast. Gotta protect those points, huh?

Matchmaking is not working as intended right now. A patch is coming.
That'll mean the end of online for me. Because it's working as intended, takes 1 minute to find matches... almost no lag.

Same thing happened with Tekken, as soon it was patched in a way so people stopped complaining it ran awful for me and does since lol.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
There's this D4 Maxi called a100percent that wrecks my shit whenever I run into him. He just locks me down and I freeze up. I never know what Maxi is doing so I always try to keep my distance and go for whiff punishes but wouldn't let me. I ain't even mad. The guy seems to know Maxi.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
And the games it debuted behind were II (triple multiplat, beloved title, introduced guests) and IV (Star Wars + HD)

I'd be surprised if the budget was anywhere near IV's, what with the HD overhaul (which VI is still borrowing assets from) and Star Wars crossover.