• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Yo that tease. SCVI was revealed at TGA 2017, I feel pretty confident we're getting something there now.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
The only significant reveal at The Game Awards would be the two remaining characters (with ZWEI).

A release date for 2B or a single character isn't big enough for TGA imo.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Alright, I'm running into a real issues that started happening last night and is still going. Any time I side or back step out of the way of an attack, I'm completely unable to use a throw to follow it up. Like, if I step around someone and go for a throw from behind them my character just stands there. I thought maybe it was my controller but it only happens in SCVI and only seems to occur after avoiding an attack. I can use throws just fine any other time, but any time I'm in the perfect position to grab someone from the side or behind my character just stands there doing nothing... is there some mechanic I'm missing or is this just genuinely the most specific issue I've ever run into with a fighting game before? It's cost me five matches tonight where I'm just stupidly standing there while the opponent recovers from something that should have caught them.

Also just had to fight an ivy as astaroth who did half my hp or more with a single unblockable move. Has she always had that?

Last edited:

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'm running into a real issues that started happening last night and is still going. Any time I side or back step out of the way of an attack, I'm completely unable to use a throw to follow it up. Like, if I step around someone and go for a throw from behind them my character just stands there. I thought maybe it was my controller but it only happens in SCVI and only seems to occur after avoiding an attack. I can use throws just fine any other time, but any time I'm in the perfect position to grab someone from the side or behind my character just stands there doing nothing... is there some mechanic I'm missing or is this just genuinely the most specific issue I've ever run into with a fighting game before? It's cost me five matches tonight where I'm just stupidly standing there while the opponent recovers from something that should have caught them.

Also just had to fight an ivy as astaroth who did half my hp or more with a single unblockable move. Has she always had that?

I haven't experienced any issues where I couldn't throw like that. What I have experienced is the game dropping inputs at random. I think it has to do with the [terrible] netcode, as it doesn't seem to happen offline, but there have been numerous times when I'll try to activate SC or perform an attack that requires a directional notation, and I won't get SC or the attack will come out as if I didn't hit the direction.

It should also be noted that there's a ton of input buffer in the game. It's far more prevalent online, but it's still there offline as well (rarely seems to cause issues offline tho). Your problem may stem from having input something else before or during the sidestep, and the game overrides your throw input with that buffered input. I can't be sure, but input buffering is definitely an issue online.

Are you playing on console or PC? The input buffer is far worse on console than it is on PC.

Also, I think Ivy's had mostly the same unblockable attacks for awhile now. The one with a ton of range you can duck. The close range one you can just back out of usually.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I haven't experienced any issues where I couldn't throw like that. What I have experienced is the game dropping inputs at random. I think it has to do with the [terrible] netcode, as it doesn't seem to happen offline, but there have been numerous times when I'll try to activate SC or perform an attack that requires a directional notation, and I won't get SC or the attack will come out as if I didn't hit the direction.

It should also be noted that there's a ton of input buffer in the game. It's far more prevalent online, but it's still there offline as well (rarely seems to cause issues offline tho). Your problem may stem from having input something else before or during the sidestep, and the game overrides your throw input with that buffered input. I can't be sure, but input buffering is definitely an issue online.

Are you playing on console or PC? The input buffer is far worse on console than it is on PC.

Also, I think Ivy's had mostly the same unblockable attacks for awhile now. The one with a ton of range you can duck. The close range one you can just back out of usually.
PS4, so that's totally possible.
And yeah, after doing a little more experimenting with it, it all seems to work just fine in training; only online and pretty consistently online. So it's not the controller and my only thought is that maybe it is just an issue of dropped inputs like you're saying. Either way, I'm trying to get used to just ignoring the fact that throws are even an option in those situations now. I had a few moments where I the throw input would come out as a horizontal or a guard instead of just standing totally still; so its not putting me in WORST possible situation every single time at least. For now though, I'm just going to work on moving from side step into actual attacks instead of throws, I guess.

And with the Ivy attack I definitely have seen it used plenty before now, but this was the first time I'd ever been hit by it. Just seemed insane losing 50% hp to one attack like that.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Imput buffer is a problem sometimes. I had problems with my RE imputs if I was mashing something just when I get hit. The game register one of those buttons instead of my actual rock paper cissor choice. Had this problem too while activating my Soulcharge, it sometimes don't take my back imput into account.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Imput buffer is a problem sometimes. I had problems with my RE imputs if I was mashing something just when I get hit. The game register one of those buttons instead of my actual rock paper cissor choice. Had this problem too while activating my Soulcharge, it sometimes don't take my back imput into account.

It's my biggest issue with the game besides matchmaking. It's the worst when someone hits you and interrupts your attack because then your character will automatically do the move after recovering from the hit, fucking you up even more.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
It's my biggest issue with the game besides matchmaking. It's the worst when someone hits you and interrupts your attack because then your character will automatically do the move after recovering from the hit, fucking you up even more.

This is basically the worst thing ever. I especially hate it when I lose a round because of it. It's really bad for Azwel since it happens a lot when I try to stance transition. I'll do 2AK (K is the stance transition) and if the 2A is interrupted, Azwel recovers then does K to pose and give the opponent a counterhit on their next attack.

Fun times...

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

・Adjustment of the battle gameplay, character moves and improvement of the general polish.
・Improvement of NETWORK functionalities as a whole.
・Correction of CREATION related issues.

Notice1
・The adjustment of the gameplay and character moves refers to moves of some of the characters. We will be releasing detailed information about this very soon.
・We are also looking into the Xbox One version's long loading times.

Notice2
・The game would get stuck on either the character selection or the stage selection in CASUAL MATCH. 【Temporary Solution】 Please select the desired character on the character selection after waiting for a few seconds. If this does not work, please restart the game.

Additionally, we are looking at various other problems and thank you for your continued patience as we work to improve the current game experience.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I could see the next update dropping with 2B, but I think it is important that they space this game's DLC away from Tekken 7's.

Very curious to see if they are going to do anything to Tira, Mitsurugi, Taki and maybe Astaroth to raise their tiers. I feel like only Seong Mina, Ivy and perhaps Siegfried are OP right now but they do not really need much work. The balance is quite good otherwise IMO.

I would like to see them turn low charge reversal edges into just straight hits but I am not expecting any reworks of core mechanics this soon.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear about the patch. I hope the balance changes are minor and in response to specific obvious issues. It's too early for a full rebalance imo, so hopefully it's not a bunch of scattershot changes like SC5's.

They probably heard Raph was decent and decided to jump in to correct the situation. I'm fully expecting his i10 moves to not be i10 after the patch.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
God damn the later game stuff in Libra of Souls is salt inducing. Haven't raged at a game so much since Dark Souls 3. Some really shitty/unfair AIs and just unfun conditions.

I'm mostly done at least. Beat the story (good path) and got the credits and also unlocked and did Raphael's final mission in the other story mode. Just need to unlock and do Zasalamel's and I'll be done with that mode. No plat chasing for me as I can't stomach doing it again to get the evil path ending.

Still really enjoy the game, though it will probably get shelved for a while again while I focus on Smash Ultimate. I'll eventually come back and try to learn the game more and play some online.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear about the patch. I hope the balance changes are minor and in response to specific obvious issues. It's too early for a full rebalance imo, so hopefully it's not a bunch of scattershot changes like SC5's.

They probably heard Raph was decent and decided to jump in to correct the situation. I'm fully expecting his i10 moves to not be i10 after the patch.

I've heard that a reason Raph is so good has to do with some bug. Something about the game registering one of his moves as a counter hit no matter what. I think. I wish I remembered.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'll CONSTANTLY get GIs on wakeup because I tap guard and a direction. I wonder if this is why.

It's infuriating, lol.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Out of curiosity, in ranked do you guys do both matches or do you quit after one? Because for two straight days now every single matchup I've had ends after the first one's done, regardless of who won. People just don't seem to want that second match.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, in ranked do you guys do both matches or do you quit after one? Because for two straight days now every single matchup I've had ends after the first one's done, regardless of who won. People just don't seem to want that second match.

I always play both unless the connection was crap.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017

Both, every time, unless the connection's so bad you can see each individual frame. Especially with how long it takes to get matches, it's crazy to me that so many people don't rematch. I guess you gotta protect those fragile feelings.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017

I always rematch unless it's a bad connection or they're too low for me to get points from them (or they refused to rematch me in the past). For whatever reason I'll get matched with Sapling rank up to E rank and I don't get any points for beating them.

Most people care too much about losing and won't rematch. To me it's on par with teabagging. If I lose, I definitely want a rematch so I can get better or correct the problems with the first match. When people win and run, it's really frustrating. Let me learn please. Stop running to save your points.

I will say there are a good number of players in the C and B ranks that will play the full set. Kudos to them.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Finally sat down and played this game against others for about an hour and a half. Was a lot of fun putting my Yoshimitsu against two different Siegfried's. Game is super fun when it works and the connections are good. Hope the upcoming fixes come through.

Ranked is still a mess though for me. I'm sapling but getting matched with B rank Song Mina's lol. can't get angry at that skill gap I guess.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Finally sat down and played this game against others for about an hour and a half. Was a lot of fun putting my Yoshimitsu against two different Siegfried's. Game is super fun when it works and the connections are good. Hope the upcoming fixes come through.

Ranked is still a mess though for me. I'm sapling but getting matched with B rank Song Mina's lol. can't get angry at that skill gap I guess.

People have reached B rank finally? B rank Mina sounds fucking terrifying.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Been a Kilik main forever, but looking at that tier list... is it time to transition to Seong Mi-Na?

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Guys.

I know some of you might already know this, but I just discovered the character creation mode has an option for....calves.

CALVES.

Arguably the most neglected body parts in the human body, and they finally have proper representation for the first time ever!

This is what MLK dreamed about, gentlemen.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Guys.

I know some of you might already know this, but I just discovered the character creation mode has an option for....calves.

CALVES.

Arguably the most neglected body parts in the human body, and they finally have proper representation for the first time ever!

It does help with finer control and it's much better than a single undefined leg slider, but no dedicated ass slider is still a major oversight.

Oct 27, 2017
Losses feel so f'n cheap in this game. characters have like 14 unblockable moves. Blue shit everywhere.

Guys.

CALVES.

Haven't they had that since SCIV?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Losses feel so f'n cheap in this game. characters have like 14 unblockable moves. Blue shit everywhere.

Are you talking about the guard breaks? The lightning? You can block them but they leave you at a frame disadvantage I think. And they hurt your guard meter a bit. Once you get familiar with them, they're pretty easy to avoid.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought this on last week's PSN sale for Geralt and 2B. Surprisingly enough I've been enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Went through all the character stories and stuck with Nightmare for the Libra of Soul mode which I've apparently poured 8 hours into.

Disappointing there aren't playable in-depth character tutorials like other modern fighters tend to have. I feel pretty confused trying out characters, reading their tutorials and movelists. Heading to youtube would be a better idea I guess.

Waiting for 2B, doing some laggy af ranked matches here and there, grinding Libra of Soul.

Custom character browser also seems broken?

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Been a Kilik main forever, but looking at that tier list... is it time to transition to Seong Mi-Na?

Mina has better individual tools, but I personally think Kilik is more versatile. Once the tiers settle a bit, I kind of think Mina won't be as destructive as people think she is now. That said, I haven't fought an offline Mina that was really good, so maybe I just haven't experienced her at full power.

It's probably just a lack of character/game knowledge. Other than online latency causing losses, I don't feel they're cheap. Maybe some GI supers, but usually that's my fault for not baiting it out.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Astaroth and Talim got so many buffs. I'm scared lol.

Mina's main combo move got a damage nerf. I don't like that.

Xianghua's nerfs don't seem bad so I think I'm safe with her.

Lol at Siegfried's leg yank not ringing out anymore.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
So happy to see the Azwel forward/backward speed nerf, I hope it's brutal and makes Azwel players cry.

Mitsu and X changes look fine. Was hoping for a couple meatier Mitsu buffs, but I like seeing improvements to 66K and Relic K, and at least he didn't get any nerfs.

Seems like a pretty smart patch overall in terms of adjusting what needed to be adjusted. I think the Talim buffs may be a little much, since she didn't seem that bad, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Taki's 2_8B+K B seems to be safe on block now which makes it a tiny bit less useless

PO6A unless I am misunderstanding it is also safe on block now.

Soul Charge 6A+B being faster is interesting. Just depends on how much faster the start up is. What they mean in regards to combo possibilities remains to be seen. Really curious about how this move will be after the patch.

Was really hoping for her rolls to get sped up and better properties and her hover to get some improvements. The amount of time she just gets hit while visually clearly being above the damn attack is too frustrating.

Porc didn't get killed. Good on Bamco for not removing it.

Last edited:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Damn the Ivy CE change is a big, that was such a cheap fucking move. Her command grab getting buffed is nice, I saw like no reason to use it over SS. Well doesn't matter anyways, I'll be using 2B.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Sieg's and Nightmare's ankle flip not ringing out anymore is actually fucking stupid. Its such a classic thing

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Well, Cervantes got a lot of buffs, but losing the shortcut to iGDR might screw me over lol. I actually wasn't sure if I was really executing my iGDR in the honest fashion or relying on the buffer tech to do them, so I guess I'll find out if I notice a higher failure rate.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Its such a odd change and makes you wonder who they are listening to when making some of these changes

Yeah, I think it's a pretty good patch overall, but the one thing that stood out is that they really took it to characters who are hard to win against at low level. Azwel and Nightmare both got hammered, way more than necessary. I'd have been fine with just nerfing the rocket backdash with Azwel, and Nightmare really didn't need anything major changed.

Hopefully that's not a trend.