• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Raphael got a nice renaissance fencer's costume though. :) Most of the other SC6 characters have so overdesigned costumes in comparison.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Raph is a total hottie with those glasses so all the naysayers can go shut the fuck up :)

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
There's four little white dots, one big one and an empty space in the middle. I'm not sure what it all means but I guess at least one of them will be a custom character?

If I had to guess, this is the retail build and you have to unlock all of those smaller circles. But then I'd also think Azwel would be unlockable if the other are. I just can't imagine Namco making a new build after the gold build, but not using it at PAX or Summer Jam.

That character roster feels vanilla as fuck.

RIP Algol along with any interest I had in the game.

So your interest in SC6, a remake of SC1 relied on the inclusion of the SC4 boss and a fairly unpopular character? Really?

That's like saying you have no interest in SF5 unless Oro is included.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
20180901_124042a-jpg.50801

What even are those? They don't appear to have lenses, and the right eye has like four or five different frames. It's like some bendy-straw glasses.

K-Jay

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, they took long enough to show him but as long they launch with my main I guess now I can buy their game.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand... What's the deal with Raphael's post-rip costume/swimsuit/vest/apron/something?

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
So, players at that event have apparently confirmed Namco sent them the wrong build of the game lol

mugwhump

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Damn raph looks fucking fab in his artwork. Hopefully they touch up the model a bit before release.

I'm feeling pretty dang confident in hwang and lizardman now.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Takuji Kawano, one of my absolute favorite character illustrators and character designers. :)

A SC truly recreating his style would be so amazing. Let Arc System Works do it.
Yeah, it's a shame that Namco's 3D modelers haven't come close to his art in any Soulcalibur game. *looks at ZWEI*

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Alright, getting this game day one. I don't know what it is, but Cervantes is my favorite SC character to play as. Those pics aren't the most flattering though, it makes him look like a ps2 character.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if not for the art on the selection screen that look authentic, i would argue they are just CAS
I hoped for a more human cervantes

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
i'm seeing this guy claiming the 4chan leaker had inferno on the list and that it was the same person who posted both

i'm also seeing absolutely no proof or caps of this.
Here's a detailed post about the 4chan leaks: https://www.reddit.com/r/SoulCalibur/comments/9aeuy4/summary_of_leaked_information_of_which_im_101/

Quick summary:
  • Raphael and Cervantes are definitely in the game.
  • Lizardman's status is a bit uncertain. First leaker claims he's in, but second leaker says he's not playable.
  • Hwang's status is even more uncertain. First leaker was uncertain if he was in it or not (he could not find any narrator strings for him), second leaker didn't even mention Hwang ever.
  • Inferno is unlocked after beating story mode and is a mimic.
  • Cassandra appears in Sophitia's story mode cutscenes, but is not playable.
They're never putting in Cassandra, are they
Doesn't look like it, unfortunately. I think it's very likely the base roster is exactly what we see in OP (including Inferno as unlockable) with the locked slots representing DLC.

If they decide to do even more DLC, then I think Cassandra has a good chance as she's a popular character.

Last edited: