• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
People been selling knockoff console for years, why is it such a big deal now? My local mall is selling the classic NES with 650+ games lol.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Did Yooooooooooouuuuuu get one of those super-rare SouljaBoyTellEmDotConsoles before he got raided?

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
People been selling knockoff console for years, why is it such a big deal now? My local mall is selling the classic NES with 650+ games lol.
Because Nintendo doesn't have the resources to go after absolutely everyone, didn't mean they don't sue the shits out of people they get their hands on, especially a relatively high profile guy like this

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Why did I imagine him pressing against his front door with two zapper guns thinking "when that Nintendo bitch comes up to get me I'm blasting that fool's ass, I'm SouljaBoy mf" then he notices somehow a letter from the court just got slid down his door.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
xUkqju3.jpg

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Soulja Boi is an idiot and going to get what's coming to him, but some of the replies in this thread are embarrassing.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to say about this at first, but I decided to let the man himself say it for me:

Indeed.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that PhillyCheeseSteak's salt regarding all things Nintendo knows no bounds. I'd just ignore him.
Can't speak to that, but the pot-kettle situation is sure something.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Don't brag about it online and say loudly that you made 5 million sales. Also Nintendo isn't afraid to go after individuals If someone gets the name, number and location of that store your talking about Nintendo MAY take action. Very small chance that they would go after them but its possible they have done it before.

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I mean, he most likely made money, and he's smart enough to pull the listing before drawing Nintendo's ire. Only thing he's lost is what little of his rep he's got left before shamelessly putting emulator consoles up on the site.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well he claimed he sold whole 5 000 000 of those consoles, so at least he made enough money for inevitable next gen versions.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda funny, if he'd just released some kind of aesthetically pleasing emulation box it might've sold well with his crazy PR behind it. And it would've been fairly legal, it's just the ROMs that got him.

He should really take a few months and get that done. It'd probably work for him, just have an SD card port for ROMs.

Like seriously, apparently his dumb console plays PS1 games better than the PS1 Classic, it would've been perfect timing for this thing (admittedly, it would've been better if all the other emulators didn't suck).

Last edited:

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How come no one on his "business team" (or whatever little equivalent of that he had) told how much of a bad idea that was.