• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Nintendo, Sega, Ubisoft, EA and Sony about to combine powers for the greatest crossover event ever:

Super Smash the door, Bros.
Git rich or git gud.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
So, uh...genuine question here.

How the everloving fuck has no one sued him yet? Do they want to see how far he goes before they shut him down?

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I am not familiar with law in the US, but can you get sued for reselling? Is it not the company who produces these knock off consoles who can get sued? If i buy 20 switch consoles here in the Netherlands and sell them on a web-shop for €20 more it is not against the law, same as scalpers. Or did he actually make the consoles and put the roms on there?

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anekdotal, but we sell electric scooters from China. We are allowed to buy them, rebrand them and sell them as our own. The company producing them is fine with that. Could this be the same?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anekdotal, but we sell electric scooters from China. We are allowed to buy them, rebrand them and sell them as our own. The company producing them is fine with that. Could this be the same?
The selling of rebranded things isn't the illegal part. It's that these items come with pirated software.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017

It's not the consoles themself that are the issue, but the illegal ROMs they come packaged with.

By the way, how come Amazon isn't in trouble for offering basically the same thing on their store?

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the consoles themself that are the issue, but the illegal ROMs they come packaged with.

By the way, how come Amazon isn't in trouble for offering basically the same thing on their store?

Not sold from amazon themselves, it's just like Ebay. They aren't "responsible" what other people sell on their platform :P aka. legal loopholes.
And it's in the "china don't care" department. You delete one seller, seven more will pop up and you won't have time to shut them all down.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I see I got it wrong. So far as I am aware, he did want his dance as a Fortnite emote that people could buy... I don't suppose he wanted to give it away for Epic to monetize though, but his Tweet doesn't serve as proof of that.
Nah, Soulja is just a regular bullshitter. When people started talking about suing Fortnite he started bragging how they couldn't use his dance because he copyrighted it ( he didn't).
Then one month or so ago he forgot he claimed that and started spreading rumours that his dance would soon be on Fortnite (still misteriously inexistent to this day). Dude says and tries anything to stay relevant and in the news. Is really sad at this point.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This shit makes me so angry.
How can someone like him just rebrand old junk console and handheld knockoffs and sells millions of them? How stupid and brainless are people? This really let me loose my faith in humanity.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He's a puckish rogue. That he's getting away with this is kinda funny, so I'm rooting for him. I wonder which games his eSports team will cover.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Baby
You know that I miss you, I wanna get with you
But I cannot tonight baby girl and that's the issue
Girl you know I miss you, I just wanna kiss you
But I can't right now so baby kiss me through the bars (kiss me through the bars)
I'll see ya when I'm sprung
(three, ten, double five, three, oh, three, oh, fiiive)

i implore you to google that number

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the new Switch port beg doesn't become the Soulja Boy Fuze port beg I will be disappointed.

*any games announced*

"This would be perfect for the Soulja Boy Fuze!!!"

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
People will buy anything with a famous person's name on it. Ugh.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why people are surprised at him getting away with it after only like 1 month? Does the justice shutdown people selling pirated stuff that quickly on USA? Don't you guys get dozens of ads in both eBay or Facebook for "collection" of pirated games in a daily basis? Because I do, and they last a long time.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Wait... So this guy is buying cheap hardware from Ali Express and sells that hardware at more than double of the price and bundled with illegal roms? And people are actually buying this?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I personally think he's full of shit. If anyone are buying these things, they're YouTubers to make fun of them. There's a ton of YouTubers making videos about these.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Typical con-man tactic. Those prices are hilarious though. What a steal!