• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game do you find holds the most replayability?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 36 11.6%
  • Dark Souls

Votes: 105 33.8%
  • Dark Souls II

Votes: 44 14.1%
  • Dark Souls III

Votes: 93 29.9%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 95 30.5%
  • Sekiro

Votes: 17 5.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully the original won't get delisted on Steam or anything like that. SotFS and vanilla DSII are both there though, so I guess there's no cause for worry.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm up for the engine and combat changes - it interests me way more than clusterfuck 6 player pvp. I've played the shit out of the original game, hundreds of hours if not thousands - I'm more up for a remix rather than just a lick of paint.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
9bkhny1.jpg

Snake

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I casually scrolled through several posts on this and I just sort of assumed it was fan mods or something until it hit me that it was real.

Don't think I'd be able to resist buying it, but honestly when I think "Dark Souls 1 with Dark Souls 3 graphics," I just don't really see much appeal. Maybe once they show some footage and I'm able to visualize it properly I'll feel differently.

I will say I definitely appreciate having more options, since I've had a lot of issues with my PS3 and specifically playing DS1 on it over the years.

Last edited:

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
What's the best game to do an INT/Moonlight Greatsword run in (out of the three Dark Souls games)?

Last edited:

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. I casually scrolled through several posts on this and I just sort of assumed it was fan mods or something until it hit me that it was real.

Don't think I'd be able to resist buying it, but honestly when I think "Dark Souls 1 with Dark Souls 3 graphics," I just don't really see much appeal. Maybe once they show some footage and I'm able to visualize it properly I'll feel differently.

I will say I definitely appreciate having more options, since I've had a lot of issues with my PS3 and specifically playing DS1 on it over the years.

Well I haven't played DS1 so this is basically the best thing that could possibly have happened!*

*Aside from Bloodborne being ported to PC.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
List of changes I would be OK with:
UI improvements from DS2&3
No longer have to be in a covenant to use a few spells
No longer have to use a +10 weapon to transform it into a boss weapon
Addition of a reusable homeward bone like item

Bigger, more controversial changes:
Powerstancing
Bonfire Ascetics

PLEASE FROMSOFT I NEEED THIS:
Add Silver Knight weapons to DS3

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Dark Souls for PS3 to play through for the first time, got like 2 hours in then kinda got away from it.... I was thinking of picking it back up but then this happens. Guess I'm waiting now!

Deleted member 15457

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fWUUw13.gif

Soul Memory is one of the most reviled aspects of DS2. What about it did you like?

That I could level up freely without having to worry about being too overleveled to play multiplayer?

Sure, it could use some tweaking (SL should increase only when souls you have are parted with willingly) but that's about all it needs.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only souls game anyone should buy and play both versions of is 2. Not because you will own the best game, but because of the encounter remix in sotfs

abrasivemurk

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I just started Dark Souls II, character and camera movement feels really bad, hitbox is terrible and enviroments look uninspired...
I can't finish this game.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I just started Dark Souls II, character and camera movement feels really bad, hitbox is terrible and enviroments look uninspired...
I can't finish this game.

Don't give up, skeleton. The slow movement and huge analog deadzones take some getting used to. How far are you and what kind of character do you play?

If you can power through to the fourth or fifth stage, it might click for you. If not, no biggie. It has probably the most unforgiving levels/enemy placements in the series, but the easiest bosses.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
So weird looking back, who Souls would be big.

Saw an interesting convo on Twitter recently about whether Dark Souls success' was positive for the franchise. Coming off AC: FA, Demon's feels like such a logical next step for From in retrospect. It's almost like the perfection of what they were trying to do with those games. Dark Souls streamlines it a ton but I think DS2 and 3 lose a lot of the original soul that From has been working from this entire time.

Bloodborne is an interesting case because I think it gets back to what Demon's was trying to do from the opposite direction. It was probably the most financially motivated Soulsborne game and through sheer force of will it was still a masterpiece.

Take all this with a grain of salt because I'm still not done with playing Demon's Souls (though I'm pretty familiar with a lot of the game).

Molemitts

Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty so I never finished Demon's Souls and I want to do so before the servers go down. I know players used to do a return to Boleteria around October or something? I could find anything on the Reddit, but are they planning to do something like that in February before the server go down? If so I'd love to join in with that and play with everyone else.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Alrighty so I never finished Demon's Souls and I want to do so before the servers go down. I know players used to do a return to Boleteria around October or something? I could find anything on the Reddit, but are they planning to do something like that in February before the server go down? If so I'd love to join in with that and play with everyone else.

I wouldn't get your hopes TOO far up because of https://www.reddit.com/r/demonssoul...ns_souls_issues_and_glitches/#bottom-comments

Not sure if a fix or anything has been found but I've been basically unable to play online during my current playthrough. The glitch let to too many early deaths and save issues.

abrasivemurk

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Don't give up, skeleton. The slow movement and huge analog deadzones take some getting used to. How far are you and what kind of character do you play?

If you can power through to the fourth or fifth stage, it might click for you. If not, no biggie. It has probably the most unforgiving levels/enemy placements in the series, but the easiest bosses.
I'm using an axe and in the forest of fallen giants. I just wish analog deadzones weren't this bad.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
That I could level up freely without having to worry about being too overleveled to play multiplayer?

Sure, it could use some tweaking (SL should increase only when souls you have are parted with willingly) but that's about all it needs.

I'm honestly shocked they didn't change it to that in SotFS. It seems like an easy tweak to make (but I'm not a programmer so what the hell do I know) that would massively improve the system.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Weird that this remaster gets announce a couple of days after I come back to the game to practice speedruns.

I've seen a lot of comments that are like 'if this is just an up-res then no sale' but really is that worse than them completely George Lucas-ing the game. Every time I come back to DS on PC it feels jankier every single time. For example, using a DS4 controller with this game is a nightmare.

It'd be nice to have a version of the game people can play in the future without needing mods like DSFix just so it isn't a hot mess.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
All this talk about the Remaster and I'm more interested in the Trilogy Box Set. Shame it's not coming to US....

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole DS3 engine thing is giving me a headache. I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information on whether or not it's a full remake with the newer engine or just slightly prettier.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This whole DS3 engine thing is giving me a headache. I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information on whether or not it's a full remake with the newer engine or just slightly prettier.

I'd say the only iffy information so far is the conflicting information we've had with HDR and the discount for PC users not being true. I'd blame Namco on that one. At least the latter.

This whole DS3 engine BS spawned from the likes of Vaati and Fextralife who are pulling shit from their asses. I blame the dumb community on that one.

I think this is going to be a simple remaster with better frame rate and resolution, with the only change to gameplay being 6 players allowed in a world at a time now in multiplayer. People expecting significant changes I think are going to find themselves disappointed.

What's the story with "don't give up skeleton?"

The soapstone messages got better with every game, with more detailed and hilarious phrases you could use. "Don't give up, **** !" was one of them that appeared in DS2. One of the words you could use to fill in the phrase was "skeleton". With so many skeletons to be found throughout the game that have died from a loss of hope, the message "Don't give up, skeleton!" was born. Poor skeletons.

There are other variants of it as well. This is a good one from this amazingly inquisitive skeleton in Earthen Peak:

051.jpg

If you're on Xbox, I have a "Don't give up, skeleton!" message in DS3 found in the Catacombs of Carthus, next to a skeleton that sits next to that hulking demon. Give me a rating for the heals, please.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is going to be a simple remaster with better frame rate and resolution, with the only change to gameplay being 6 players allowed in a world at a time now in multiplayer. People expecting significant changes I think are going to find themselves disappointed.
Yeah, that's what I think too. Makes far more sense than rebuilding the game with a different engine, considering they're also working on a new non-Souls game too.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What are good stats to focus on in Dark Souls 2 (the PS4 version if that makes a different)? I remember kinda just not knowing what to level up and then just dropping it.
The DS remaster hype got me hyped and it's the only Souls game I've yet to finish, so might as well finally finish it.

Edit: Also why is the PS4 saying Dark Souls 3's Ashes of Ariandel is Dark Souls 2 DLC?

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
I like to think that it's the same skeleton in all those places in DS2. He's an adventurer like you, but he keeps losing hope and/or getting caught in traps. The only things keeping him going are the motivational soapstone messages left by us fellow adventurers.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Wtf is going on? Are the servers taking a dump or something?

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017

It's not going to be run on the ds3 engine. If it was then it would be more of a remake and Bamco would be charging $60 - they would find any reason at all to do so. We're getting better textures and fps; it will probably be the equivalent of a slightly better PC version with dsfix.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
What are good stats to focus on in Dark Souls 2 (the PS4 version if that makes a different)? I remember kinda just not knowing what to level up and then just dropping it.
The DS remaster hype got me hyped and it's the only Souls game I've yet to finish, so might as well finally finish it.

Edit: Also why is the PS4 saying Dark Souls 3's Ashes of Ariandel is Dark Souls 2 DLC?

Id put some points into vig and end pretty early and then dex or str. If you have any left over I'd consider putting a point or two into adaptability (for more I-frames when rolling).

I don't know about the DLC thing, you might be mistaken because one of the dlcs in 2 looks similar to Ashes.

Oct 29, 2017
I watched a Waypoint stream where they played BB, got hyped again and started mais bazillionth run, going to finish the game with the kirkhammer for what must be the fourth time.

I'm rusty almost died to Gascoigne lmao but man I forgot how good this game feels

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not going to be run on the ds3 engine. If it was then it would be more of a remake and Bamco would be charging $60 - they would find any reason at all to do so. We're getting better textures and fps; it will probably be the equivalent of a slightly better PC version with dsfix.
To clarify: I never believed that. What was confusing was how the hell so many people believed that, despite that dude that spit a bunch of BS out backtracking with a quickness.

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
So who is planning to pick up DS remaster on PS4 at launch? Might be fun to plan for some jolly cooperation?