• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which game do you find holds the most replayability?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 36 11.6%
  • Dark Souls

Votes: 105 33.8%
  • Dark Souls II

Votes: 44 14.1%
  • Dark Souls III

Votes: 93 29.9%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 95 30.5%
  • Sekiro

Votes: 17 5.5%

• Total voters

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Many thanks MajulaDream - this and the main board game are the first time I've ever painted miniatures, so really nice to hear.
Done Great Stone Knights today - trying to get them all done before school starts back up again! These were fairly easy - just paint them grey and then drywash with green, but turned out very nice. On to Artorias!

dsc_01739cjiv.jpg

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Started a new DS3 character and, geez, Crystal Sage second phase is always a hard fight with a new character.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Almost there - I have one week before going back to work to do Sif - which should be fairly straightforward...

dsc_0182tfjw4.jpg

dsc_0183i5ja1.jpg

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Last one - back to work on Monday so done before my world becomes marking and planning lessons again!

Odd this one - it looks good I think, but not like Sif. The model in game is really furry and it's probably very difficult to do in model, so even though the fur looks nice it doesn't look quite like Sif.

dsc_0185emjcx.jpg

Will try and do a group shot in the next couple of days and then will have to wait for the Metal Gear Solid and the Bloodborne board game to come out before painting again!

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a1d68Eb.png
lMcDPN4.png

2oLeJ84.png

Welcome home, good hunter.

Hmm, you still have your senses about you? Light the bonfire and talk about anything Demons & Dark Souls or Bloodborne related.

Sick amazing header custom made from the Raging Spaniard himself, you can find more here. Thanks!

Big thanks to Morrigan, our new overlord, as well as Gbraga for the OT title and all the soulsERA discord fam.

Feel free to join our Discord channel here: [Hidden content]

Feel free to post suggestions for OT, ERA community.

There is no path. Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark... what could possibly await us? And yet, we seek it, insatiably...Such is our fate

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Morrigan Morrigan!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Morrigan said:
Greetings, SoulsEra! I'm sure most of you have played Dark Souls 3, but in case you have yet to take the plunge... now's your chance to play the 2016 GOTY. Just a little gift to my favourite Era community. :)

These are our awesome prizes:

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
It's been about a year since I finished Demon's Souls........... so I'm finally going into Dark Souls II for the first time. I have SotFS and I'm ready to see if it's as bad/great as everyone says

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know how/when the participation requirement kicks in. So many things to enter that are good, but feel bad putting in posts just to be able to enter.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Anybody know how/when the participation requirement kicks in. So many things to enter that are good, but feel bad putting in posts just to be able to enter.

It's five posts. Imagine it's specifically used to encourage sharing among communities without randos parachuting in and taking everything.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This one is for this community, since you are a lurker you should not be trying to get around the rules just to enter.

Violet this applies to you too, by the way. (Not saying you were doing that, but just in case.)

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Rex_DX Rex_DX!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Rex_DX said:
Happy give-away day SoulsERA!

Enjoy a fantastic game and my personal favorite Souls, please.

These are our awesome prizes:

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
Last one - back to work on Monday so done before my world becomes marking and planning lessons again!

Odd this one - it looks good I think, but not like Sif. The model in game is really furry and it's probably very difficult to do in model, so even though the fur looks nice it doesn't look quite like Sif.

dsc_0185emjcx.jpg

Will try and do a group shot in the next couple of days and then will have to wait for the Metal Gear Solid and the Bloodborne board game to come out before painting again!

Still looks great!! Awesome job! Your other figures look great as well, love the Artorias!

Last edited:
OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give away Demon Souls Remastered? ;)

I hope people can enter in time. I already own everything so not entering , thanks Morrigan and Rex_DX !!!

Last edited:

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad to win those because I don't have (yet) a proper PC, and because looks like it could have been a error ;_; the timer is still there.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I feel bad to win those because I don't have (yet) a proper PC, and because looks like it could have been a error ;_; the timer is still there.
It seems there was a glitch where a lot of giveaways ended prematurely, and a few giveaways will have their timers still show for a bit until they fully expire.

Anyway, don't worry, you can enjoy it when you get a new PC :) If you really feel bad, you can always just re-gift it or give it back in a giveaway of your own!

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Can someone give away Demon Souls Remastered? ;)

I hope people can enter in time. I already own everything so not entering , thanks Morrigan and Rex_DX !!!

Cheers. Happy to contribute. I was going to do a bundle of Souls-likes for this thread instead but had a hard time dealing with Humbles customer service. Long story.

I was thinking Hollow Knight, Salt and Sanctuary, NiOh and Sekiro.

Maybe around Christmas 😇

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Cheers. Happy to contribute. I was going to do a bundle of Souls-likes for this thread instead but had a hard time dealing with Humbles customer service. Long story.

I was thinking Hollow Knight, Salt and Sanctuary, NiOh and Sekiro.

Maybe around Christmas 😇
Ok, now I WILL enter those! Hallow Knight and S&S are on my bucket list.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Hi Souls Era!!

Got a really odd request.

Anyone use a ps4 save editor called "Save Wizard" where you pay $60 to be able to mod your save files?

Well the thing is that I dont have 60 bucks to spend and I just need to mod 1 save file which is a Dark Souls 3 file. I was hoping maybe someone here has this pc software where I can provide them this file, make the modification and then send it back to me? Anyone out here who can help with this?

Also it's not even my save file but my brother's. He is basically on NG+5 or something so he would rather get 999999999 souls than to farm them, if that makes sense. To be clear, this is meant to be for offline use. He doesn't have ps+ or play PVP modes. Dude is an offline solo player. He understands the risks but again he wont ever bother with online play.

Well I hope everyone here is having a splendid weekend and if you can help, please PM me. I would really appreciate it. I can throw a few bucks but it feels dirty asking a random person on the reddit thread. I dont want to be scammed and hoping I can seek help here within this community instead. Thanks much!! ✌😉

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
So i need to know, is the black phantom dual wielding skelly a better farm for pure bladestone or is it the dual wielding skelly behind the fake wall. I'm on NG so i don't have soul sucker so the bp skelly takes a bit more time but if the drop rate is better i'll switch to that because i've been at it for days and i've got nothing.

also, I'm trying to get pure darkmoonstone from the crystal lizards in the storm king area and i read that i can just quit to the xmb before hitting x when i go to claim the drop and it will reset. is this true? does it work? is there a better way to get one?

thanks.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So i need to know, is the black phantom dual wielding skelly a better farm for pure bladestone or is it the dual wielding skelly behind the fake wall. I'm on NG so i don't have soul sucker so the bp skelly takes a bit more time but if the drop rate is better i'll switch to that because i've been at it for days and i've got nothing.
I've always farmed the one behind the illusory wall, just quicker to me. Roll off the bridge, land at the doorway, up the stairs, through the illusory wall, wait, he lunges, backstab, mash R1, loot, suicide off cliff, rinse repeat.

Not sure about the other question.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I've always farmed the one behind the illusory wall, just quicker to me. Roll off the bridge, land at the doorway, up the stairs, through the illusory wall, wait, he lunges, backstab, mash R1, loot, suicide off cliff, rinse repeat.

Not sure about the other question.
Yeah, this has been my primary strat. I'll keep at it. Hopefully i'll get it sooner rather than later.

thanks for the help.

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
Alas, our dear Demon's Souls, today wasn't meant to be... hope shattered again - but its not yet the end...
We'll remain watchful for your return to the Souls family...

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Finally got a pure Bladestone. Gonna give the game another break for a little while.

Decided to jump back into Sekiro after a few months and was able to get past Genehchiro in just few tries.

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
DS2 is the best (to me and I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I love it, though I admit it is full of flaws).

iiStryker

Sep 19, 2019
DS1 is for me my favorite. You can walk to everywhere from firelink shrine and fast travel is earned. Lodran feels like a real place because of its interconnectivity. And the moment to moment encounters feel very balanced.

2 does do some cool things mostly with how your gear actually matters and buffs you.

3 has the best build options and is beautiful

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So, I'm really confused right now.

I'm currently playing Dark Souls Remastered, I'm in the Depths, I have just killed the basiliks and on my way to the boss, I switched to my estus and saw that I have 12 flasks instead of 10, I'm playing offline and I have not yet picked up the rite of kindling.

So how the hell did I end up with 12 flasks all of sudden, a bug? or did they secretly add that feature from Dark Souls 3 that your estus automatically refills after a certain amount of kills?

Not that I'm complaining, its just super weird. :D

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
So, I'm really confused right now.

I'm currently playing Dark Souls Remastered, I'm in the Depths, I have just killed the basiliks and on my way to the boss, I switched to my estus and saw that I have 12 flasks instead of 10, I'm playing offline and I have not yet picked up the rite of kindling.

So how the hell did I end up with 12 flasks all of sudden, a bug? or did they secretly add that feature from Dark Souls 3 that your estus automatically refills after a certain amount of kills?

Not that I'm complaining, its just super weird. :D
It happens if someone upvotes one of your notes. +1 flask each time.

edit: oh wait, playing offline! Hmmmm.