• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which game do you find holds the most replayability?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 36 11.6%
  • Dark Souls

Votes: 105 33.8%
  • Dark Souls II

Votes: 44 14.1%
  • Dark Souls III

Votes: 93 29.9%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 95 30.5%
  • Sekiro

Votes: 17 5.5%

• Total voters

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
a1d68Eb.png
lMcDPN4.png

2oLeJ84.png

Welcome home, good hunter.

Hmm, you still have your senses about you? Light the bonfire and talk about anything Demons & Dark Souls or Bloodborne, Sekiro and Elden Ring related.

Sick amazing header custom made from the Raging Spaniard himself, you can find more here. Thanks!

Big thanks to Morrigan, our new overlord, as well as Gbraga for the OT title and all the soulsERA discord fam.

Feel free to join our Discord channel here:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Bloodbourne wiki:

A great ERA discussion thread:
www.resetera.com

From Software Development & Speculation - Everything we know about their current projects

“It was never our real motive for From Software to be the Dark Souls-only company.”-Hidetaka Miyazaki, 2016 [President of Fromsoftware] “I feel that From Software’s title lineup will need a little more variation… We have dark fantasies like Dark Souls, of course, but I’d also like for us to...

There is no path.
Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark...
what could possibly await us?
And yet, we seek it, insatiably...
Such is our fate

Last edited:

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Dark Souls II.

Did I just kill the thread before it really started? :P

(Not joking btw, I actually love it.)

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Longtime soulsborne lurker here, very happy to share with this community. I have two hopes for the future:

1. Demon Souls Remaster
2. Bloodborne 2

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
I will say this though, Lady Maria of the Astral Clock tower is probably my favorite boss in the entire damn Soulsbourne continuum. Just a well put together fight.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I will say this though, Lady Maria of the Astral Clock tower is probably my favorite boss in the entire damn Soulsbourne continuum. Just a well put together fight.

I agree she's pretty amazing. I wish she had a bit more hyper armor to make her not so easily spammed down but still a really good fight. I prefer Shrimp boy. I dont know if your a stream monster but ExcessiveProfanity on Twitch fought her yesterday and was having an epic battle. Parries one of her bullet in the middle of the fight. Chat went crazy

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
I agree she's pretty amazing. I wish she had a bit more hyper armor to make her not so easily spammed down but still a really good fight. I prefer Shrimp boy. I dont know if your a stream monster but ExcessiveProfanity on Twitch fought her yesterday and was having an epic battle. Parries one of her bullet in the middle of the fight. Chat went crazy
I dunno Shrimp Boy's constant shrieking gets on my nerves, but the fight is cool. And it's fun to watch streamers try and take on the DLC bosses. In general all the bloodborne bosses ar memorable. Funny story, I actually tried to convert all the bosses into pathfinder encounters for a party I'm starting out to run through a Bloodbourne esque storyline, I am interested to see how it pans out.

Tarkus

Oct 25, 2017
US
I spend a lot of time watching streamers play these games...way more than I play them anymore. I usually catch a PvP tourney for DS3 every weekend. They're a lot of fun. ENB's 100% Demon's Souls streams going on now are really good as well.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Hey SoulsERA! Just checkin in to say hi.
My favorite game series and its had a huge impact on my life.

NG+!

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Demons is in my top 10 greatest games of all time. Everything about it is almost perfect to me.

Bloodborne still holds one the best transitions in all of gaming history to me.

It's when you finally hit the forbidden woods so deep, only to realize you haven't seen a lantern For the past couple of hours and it's been a complete maze so you can't find your way back!?

The saving grace at that point of the game was, at that point you had no choice but to be a bad-ass! Use everything you know to get the he'll outta there...

That's why BB and the Souls games hold a near and dear piece of my heart.

Also, 2 was amazing!

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to playing II and its DLC (on PS3 with vanilla enemy and item placement). It was... good.

I think an apt comparison is that if Dark Souls is Super Mario World, then Dark Souls II is a SMW ROMhack made by a very excited but relatively inexperienced dev team. It's clear the developers at From's B-team had a lot of respect for Miyazaki and wanted to craft something ambitious to live up to the prior games, and at the same time wanted to put their own stamp on the series.

However, it also feels like they either didn't have confidence in their own abilities or lacked the narrow focus necessary to give each area proper care and attention. So we end up with a lot of areas and bosses, but for the most part they're bland and unmemorable with challenge more often derived from overwhelming the player through mobs than careful enemy placement and intricate design. It's a game that's very quantity over quality and while that isn't a bad thing, it's contrary to the more handcrafted feel the level and world design had in both Dark and Demon's Souls. I do think the team has it in them to make a better game however, as the DLC was almost entirely fantastic save a few optional areas.

It's a very different feel coming from the other games and it never reaches the atmospheric heights of the others, but it's still a very good game in its own right and definitely worth playing.

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed finding Rom the first time, it was just surreal. So many great moments throughout the series I just can't find elsewhere.

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
From Software has made my favorite games ever. Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2, and all the others so far have been memorable experiences. I still play BB, DS2 and DS3 on my PS4 regularly. Good times!

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the areas in DSII were overly short, but what a variety. Also enjoyed the bosses, particularly helping people in the castle bc there were so many battles that they could be fighting there, just never knew what was up when you got summoned.

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
I am glad though, that From ended it with 3 or at least are taking a hiatus from Souls games, I remember a fair few people in the community felt burnout settling in at the release of 3.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta add my love to DS2 as well. Its a great game with some great stuff in it. DS1 is really the one that opened a lot of new ways for me to look at game design and narrative, but 2 is a masterpiece on its own right.

And thanks for the love III-V!

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
How are you guys feeling about Code Vein (apologies if this is too off-topic)? The recent videos make me feel like it's going to be a Souls/God Eater hybrid, and I am nervous that it won't be any good.

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta add my love to DS2 as well. Its a great game with some great stuff in it. DS1 is really the one that opened a lot of new ways for me to look at game design and narrative, but 2 is a masterpiece on its own right.

And thanks for the love III-V!

All the thanks to you for the killer art, that really makes the place! Great stuff, as usual.

LorentzFactor

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the annual ReturnToTheNexus is tomorrow. Meaning a lot of the community will be online with Demon's Souls.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
How are you guys feeling about Code Vein (apologies if this is too off-topic)? The recent videos make me feel like it's going to be a Souls/God Eater hybrid, and I am nervous that it won't be any good.

Not sure how I feel about it yet. I only saw that demo that came out around e3 but I'm seeing more souls youtubers are making vids for it so I'll probably check those out to get a better vibe for the game.