• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 1, 2018
I think this deservers its own thread. I remember modding with source 1 back when half life 2 got released. maybe we will get a new Garrys Mod? Who knows?

The community will be availble to build and share environments via Steam workshop.

hammer_editor.jpg

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Secret megaton, can't wait to fuck around with this

Source 2 Hammer hype

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped as fuck for HL:A but even more hyped for this.

GIMME DEM TOOLS

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus I remember reading about Source 2 like 5-6 years ago and it seemed like it would come out sometime soon back then.

Valve getting back into more games? :)

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for Black Mesa 2 after they port over Black Mesa to Source 2 in 10 years.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
I guess valve has been quiet for all these years because they were waiting for Source 2 to be finalised before committing to anything significant? I'd expect Valve to have a few more announcements in the pipeline for next year.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
You guys realise dota 2 has been on source 2 for years right? With the updated hammer and everything.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Didn't this already exist when Dota 2 added mod tools? The announcement doesn't say that Hammer is now launching, just that it's been updated.

Deleted member 44122

hopefully coming to csgo too. i put my map on hold waiting for source 2 a while ago :P

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Finally Source 2 is polished up!

Source 1 was such a versatile engine, it was a pity to see that they had to keep 2 on lock for a while because it wasn't in the state they wanted it to be.

Hopefully devs will get into it like they did with source 1.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
..yess...

All jokes aside, I'd like a new SFM to get rid of some of the limitations of the first Source engine. E.g., a limit of only several dynamic lights in a scene can be truly infuriating depending on what you're trying to achieve.
Technically the SFM that ships with the Dota 2 SDK is running Source 2. It's essentially feature identical though.