• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omg can we be friends my life sucks right now

I absolutely love politics and I remember when I took the job being so fascinated when my manager told me the work intersects with world events a lot.

Then I realized what that really meant.

yeah dude, i started my position in September and everything was great, then October came along and everything went to shit and now i'm so balls deep in world events because how much affect my job.

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
my hope is that he doesn't replace him with Pence's guy. Hopefully he doesn't appoint anyone and the full crazy starts.

Hell, this could be why the evangelicals wanted him, to start the end of the world

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
wait a minute, if Kelly was the one 'holding' Trump back, what happens when he is gone lol

MU0vdSU-l7-DhSr_gK1grJKYzdPU-UUXKqqBpGq3yjI.jpg

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
How come the financial industry is the only one that doesn't understand that a Trump tweet is not actual passed legislation or a signed trade agreement? They're jumping at shadows half the time.

This isn't necessarily true. Companies in other industries make decisions based on statements of the president. The stock market doesn't like volitility. It likes to be able to make guesses on how the markets will behave 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, etc out. Even if someone's statements aren't real legislation, they can indicate where things are going in the future. Past president's understood their words had power. What we have now is a president that says whatever he wants whenever and it's always inconsistent. That adds a lot of volatility to the market and makes the lives of those of us in finance a nightmare.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
According to CNN right now: He was interviewed by Mueller on obstruction probe.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't necessarily true. Companies in other industries make decisions based on statements of the president. The stock market doesn't like volitility. It likes to be able to make guesses on how the markets will behave 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, etc out. Even if someone's statements aren't real legislation, they can indicate where things are going in the future. Past president's understood their words had power. What we have now is a president that says whatever he wants whenever and it's always inconsistent. That adds a lot of volatility to the market and makes the lives of those of us in finance a nightmare.

I get that, but the markets need to treat Trump's tweets like any other unsubstantiated rumour and move cautiously on them rather than overreact. Stop treating the word of Trump like the word of other presidents.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I get that, but the markets need to treat Trump's tweets like any other unsubstantiated rumour and move cautiously on them rather than overreact. Stop treating the word of Trump like the word of other presidents.

But why? He HAS made tarrifs happened. And he doesn't give a roadmap for what's going to happen. For example, regulation under democrats, as much as companies hate it, isn't necessarily bad if they know what to expect 1, 2, 5 years out. That way they can prepare accordingly. When this guy enacts tarrifs one day, threatens to add more, then re-negs on it, that's more than just tweets. And his tweets give an indication to what his behavior may be, even if they are empty threats a lot of the time.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But why? He HAS made tarrifs happened. And he doesn't give a roadmap for what's going to happen. For example, regulation under democrats, as much as companies hate it, isn't necessarily bad if they know what to expect 1, 2, 5 years out. That way they can prepare accordingly. When this guy enacts tarrifs one day, threatens to add more, then re-negs on it, that's more than just tweets. And his tweets give an indication to what his behavior may be, even if they are empty threats a lot of the time.

Even the stuff he does is unknown until it happens. Obamacare is being repealed, invest in health insurers, lol j/k. But seriously, billions of dollar in construction contracts coming for infrastructure week... You want to talk tariffs that he made happen? Was that a 10% tariff or a 25% tariff? Tariffs on select goods from China, or all goods from China? He's said all those things. The tweets do not give indications, they do not tell you what to expect 1, 2, 5 years out. People playing with the stock market need to ignore the tweets, seriously. You could short positions based on the inversion of a Trump tweet and probably do just as well.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Even the stuff he does is unknown until it happens. Obamacare is being repealed, invest in health insurers, lol j/k. But seriously, billions of dollar in construction contracts coming for infrastructure week... You want to talk tariffs that he made happen? Was that a 10% tariff or a 25% tariff? Tariffs on select goods from China, or all goods from China? He's said all those things. The tweets do not give indications, they do not tell you what to expect 1, 2, 5 years out. People playing with the stock market need to ignore the tweets, seriously. You could short positions based on the inversion of a Trump tweet and probably do just as well.

Right, and exactly to your point its all wildly inconsistent and markets dislike volatility.

Hell, his administration bailing on him once all of this criminal activity pours out, him refusing to leave office, and the foundation of the checks and balances system of this country being tested finally is going to throw the markets into chaos. Once again, not because anything good or bad might happen, but because something out of the ordinary is happening and there isn't a clear idea of what will come out of it.

It isn't about whether his tweets have merit or not, it's about the volatility of it all.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this bit has come up too often now.

Unless Trump tweets that it is fake and not happening, I think Kelly is staying.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right, and exactly to your point its all wildly inconsistent and markets dislike volatility.

Hell, his administration bailing on him once all of this criminal activity pours out, him refusing to leave office, and the foundation of the checks and balances system of this country being tested finally is going to throw the markets into chaos. Once again, not because anything good or bad might happen, but because something out of the ordinary is happening and there isn't a clear idea of what will come out of it.

It isn't about whether his tweets have merit or not, it's about the volatility of it all.

Unfortunately, it appears we do need to listen to the president at some point.

As Jeb Bush put it, "elect a chaos candidate, get a chaos president."

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Interesting. Kelly being forthcoming with the special counsel and not "protecting" Trump would certainly provide a reason for them to not be talking anymore.

Edit: or he simply knows shit is about to hit the fan and wants out.
It's also possible to gain insight based on the questioning. If the questions were pretty loaded and having to do with Trump, Kelly could seriously be wondering what kind of monster exactly that he is protecting. I'm sure he knew he was an incompetent baboon certainly, but a traitor? I doubt he's ok with that.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
No wonder he's been talking to Mueller.

Already setting himself up for that no jail time by distancing himself. ;D

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
How is this going to work? From multiple reporting, John Kelly is the one that does the actual firing and we all know how much of a little bitch Trump is. Is Don Mcghan going to do it? Barron?

Whoever does fire him, they might be looking at obstruction charges placed against themselves, so whose going to shoot themselves in the head?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

There was a thread yesterday about exactly this - JP Morgan and other firms are actively telling clients now to ignore the president's words and tweets.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason, I can't help but wonder how helpful Hope Hicks has been in all this. She got out WAY early, but she spent a lot of time around Trump.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I wont be surprised if he gets another ex Fox news personality, who is stuoid enough to believe that they can be the maverick Trump needed.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Could we please stop comparing this fucker to kids?

My kids are 6 and are nothing like Trump, not only in the maturity departement, but how they actually care about other people. Trump only care about himself.

You know what?? ....You're right. It is indeed proven that most 2 and 3 year olds care only about themselves (egocentrism). Also I have met many 6'ish year old kids who genuinely care for other people, and can feel empathy. Therefore, I take back my statement about him being a 6 year old, and I revise it to "2 year old."

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
He likely told Mueller everything he knows.

Trump wanted him to lie, he obviously refused because he's not going to risk jail time to help Trump.

He told him he didn't lie or he refused to tell Trump what he told Mueller.

Now he is out.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, I can't help but wonder how helpful Hope Hicks has been in all this. She got out WAY early, but she spent a lot of time around Trump.
She was interviewed a long, long time ago. She was believed to be the "email launderer" in that any info that went to her was really going to Trump with her as the intermediary.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
These Trump appointments are like a never-ending lottery. Except everyone is gonna get a turn eventually.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
She was interviewed a long, long time ago. She was believed to be the "email launderer" in that any info that went to her was really going to Trump with her as the intermediary.
Surprised she was never called back though. She has to know some serious shit and they tend to bring people back as they get more info. But, maybe she did go back and we just don't know about it.

Deleted member 47942

Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Oh I'm sure this have nothing to do with the Mueller investigation WINK WINK
As great as it would be, I honestly don't think there's any correlation here. Average tenure for Chiefs of Staff is about two years anyway. Even if you take the dumpster fire out of the equation, there's steady turnover in that position.

For reference, Obama had five within eight years.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As the obsession with Trump's tweets cause stock market turmoil, the stock market turmoil has Trump obsessing over his tweets.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-...nd-his-role-in-it-1544199996?mod=hp_lead_pos4

Mr. Trump has often dismissed market fluctuations as part of a natural correction, but several people close to the president say he places as much importance on the health of the Dow Jones Industrial Average for validation of his job performance as he does with his polling numbers.

While at the White House, he will often keep the TV tuned to business channels and watch the Dow's minute-to-minute movements, people close to the White House said. He would get excited about triple-digit gains in a single day and question aides about how certain actions might influence the market, people familiar with the matter said. Asked about Mr. Trump's attention to the stock market, one person close to the White House said: "He's glued to it."