• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/02/01/titanfall-battle-royale-free-to-play-game-release/

UPDATE 1:

Yes. We've heard from multiple sources and seen tangible evidence that the game exists and that the information in the OP is based on real information.

That being said, we're keeping this marked as a rumor for now until there is official confirmation from EA, which shouldn't be too long according to the OP.

UPDATE 2:

UPDATE 3:

I think it's worth waiting to see the game in action first.
Yes there are no Titans and things like wall riding are not in the current iteration of the game. But a lot of the features and core feel of Titanfall 2 is still there. There is elements of parkour in the game. I think the Edge editor is wrong to say there is 'no parkour'.
Game will be 60fps on consoles too.
The nod to R6S is primarily because of how the game has in depth characters that you can customise.
Also the game will have a tutorial mode to ease people in.

UPDATE 4:

A new Titanfall spinoff is in the works, and it'll be out sooner than anyone could possibly guess. In fact, internet rumors (and word from our own sources) suggests that it'll be out this Monday.
]The game isn't officially announced just yet, but word leaked out this morning thanks to esports journalist Rod Breslau. As Breslau reported today,it's called Apex Legends and will be out on Monday for PC, Xbox, and PS4. It's a free-to-play battle royale that, interestingly, won't let you use the Titan mech suits that make Titanfall so iconic. You'll have supernatural MOBA-like hero abilities and play either solo or in a team of three as you battle other players for delicious chicken dinners.
Expect Apex Legends to be announced very soon, perhaps tomorrow at the Super Bowl or on Monday as a not-so-much-of-a-surprise reveal. This will be the first of two games Respawn has planned for this year, in addition to Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, which is slated to come out in the fall.

So, it's happening huh.

Full article: https://kotaku.com/a-free-to-play-titanfall-battle-royale-game-will-be-out-1832291956

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
wtf3.gif

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
So it's gonna be some battle royale game that's probably nothing like titanfall but called titanfall?

That's if it's even real

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
The source is an alt-right shithead's channel, and he's the only source from it, so not believing it.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
The Quarter is a piece of shit, he's not an industry insider he just an alt-right complaint channel.
"Women and SJWs are ruining the magic the gathering community" and such

digifire

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds great if it's real.

Edit: Just read that it won't have Titanfall's gameplay. What's even the point then?

Last edited:

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
I can easily understand a Blops4 Blackout style Titanfall battle royale but I can't wrap my head around what the Siege part means.
Destructible environments? Because having a destructible environment where you can smash into a house with a titan where people are hiding in the bath tub sounds great. If it means its slower paced like Siege, I'm out.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't you make it play like actual titanfall....that's a fucking gold idea....

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Hate the team based siege idea. I don't want some asshole getting pissy because I didn't win a 1v3 at the end of a round. Keep that toxicity in siege plz.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Seriously stop listening to this guy. He just makes shit up.
The guy literally makes a living off bullshit stories and controversy on top of being a despicable human being. Just look why he was permanently banned from MTG or any of his videos. And there's a reason no reputable sites is reporting on this, because their sources know it's BS.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
With a specific part of the rumor being that it doesn't have the feel of the Titanfall games, I don't know why they'd even bother. If you're using an existing IP far from it's peak, you had better embody that game design and play style, otherwise you get the worst-case-combo of ambivalence from non-fans and irritation from enthusiasts.

Even assuming this were real.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to put it out there that a few BR streamers Shroud and Doc especially went to an event of some sort in LA yesterday. Additionally one of Shrouds new follows on twitter( someone he followed) is from Respawn. So I guess its possible.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
There was a ton of people in LA yesterday including Titanfall streamers to play a game, including Shroud who tweeted about coming back from said event, so this is probable even if the source is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.