• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
So the lack of multiplayer in MW2:Re is being made up for with this? Could be good. Underpass pls. Also..

58FRysO.png

j08b8PC.png

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
MW2 had some great maps (I swear they already remade some in other games)

Can't think of a single MW3 map I liked

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if i'm a fan of this. Already wasn't a fan of how many older maps made their way into blops4 at the expense of newer ones.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
this is a half measure I don't want

because those maps and weapons will still be at the mercy of MW4 physics and mechanics

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Hope MW4 has like 6 maps from MW1-3 and has at least 16 maps like MW2. Also don't be a hero shooter for the love of god and don't include secondaries or grenades in the pick 10 system. Would like the perk system from Ghosts actually.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
This is where the "MW2 remaster is the campaign only" rumor makes more sense - this seems exactly like the sort of thing Activision would charge extra for in a deluxe/gold/legacy edition if MW4 is similar to BO4.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018
Whilst I really enjoyed black ops 4, I feel like I get burned every time I buy a CoD game. I want them to drop the bullshit MTX though, the game is just riddled with them, you can barely browse the menus without being bombarded with shite.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I'd really like one of the last gen COD's remastered for Switch featuring local multiplayer with bots. Preferably MW1, MW2, or Black Ops 1. Make it happen, Activision!

Oct 27, 2017
Eh. After going back and playing MW 1&2 on BC, the maps were small and cramped. Not the kind of experience I want in 2019. I want bigger maps with books and crannies

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. MW4 possibly launching with 30-40 maps. After the recent CODs, that would be insane.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
This seemed likely given the Modern Warfare 4 and Modern Warfare 2: Remastered rumours. You don't want a new Call of Duty game competing with the remastered game for the same audience with multiplayer, and if you're improving all of those assets you might as well roll those weapons and maps into Modern Warfare 4.

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
MW2 has such a strong nostalgia factor going for it, it's hard for me to pick favorite maps, just remaster all of them.

MW3 was much more of a mixed bag as its maps quality was all over the place, but it did bring a few that were just as good as MW2's maps in my opinion, like Resistance, Fallen and Downturn.

But at this point my most anticipated aspect of MW4 is the co-op. Spec Ops is probably my favorite co-op mode of any COD game, if they bring it back with more content and 4 players support it's a guaranteed purchase from me.

Dec 23, 2017
As a switch owner I salivate anytime COD news is mentioned. It seems like such a perfect fit for the switch. Even fucking Wii U got two titles. I'm going to rage if we don't get COD in some form on switch this year.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd really like one of the last gen COD's remastered for Switch featuring local multiplayer with bots. Preferably MW1, MW2, or Black Ops 1. Make it happen, Activision!

I'm thinking that if Switch isn't getting a current COD, then just do a complete edition of MW2 with multiplayer and all DLC included with no micro-transactions. It'd make no sense selling half a game to Switch owners if there's nothing else to make up for it.

We've seen something with this sort of "divide" before with Dark Souls Remastered. QLOC did the PS4 and XBO versions with a lot of touched up visuals which IIRC had a divided reception, while the Switch version was done instead by Virtuos as a straight PS360 port. The only issue with the latter was the bizarrely compressed audio.

I can see something like this for MW2 happening. Maybe Iron Galaxy can do the Switch version since they've become a good PS360 remaster team on Switch with Skyrim (though based on the current gen version) and Diablo 3 (by Blizzard nonetheless). While Beenox can do the PS4 and XBO port with only the campaign which was rumored I think? That or Raven would do it on PS4 and XBO as they did MW1 remastered.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This rumour screams no campaign. I guess they'll make up for it by saying if you want a campaign, buy the deluxe edition which comes with one you already played ten years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
MW2 is probably my most fun multiplayer experience for any COD game ever. Yeah it was insane and sometimes just downright broken with all the perks and killstreaks.

I sucked at the game but I don't think I've ever been more excited playing a game like when I'm calling in a chopper or an AC-130.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
But at this point my most anticipated aspect of MW4 is the co-op. Spec Ops is probably my favorite co-op mode of any COD game, if they bring it back with more content and 4 players support it's a guaranteed purchase from me.

Absolutely - Spec Ops was one of my all-time favourite co-op experiences. The game would be a definite purchase if it came back.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I always thought MW2 maps were bad so not exactly enticing

They're pretty bad. Vertical as fuck, so you often have a million spots to check when you round corners. Also several maps like Rundown and Skidrow are comically choke point based and incredible easy to lock down movement on.

MW3's aren't much better. They're less annoying I guess, but most of them are bland and lacking in memorable power positions. MW1 has my favorite FPS maps ever and both sequels let me down tremendously on that front.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
MW2 is probably my most fun multiplayer experience for any COD game ever. Yeah it was insane and sometimes just downright broken with all the perks and killstreaks.

I sucked at the game but I don't think I've ever been more excited playing a game like when I'm calling in a chopper or an AC-130.

Yep! The positive feedback loop created by perk kills stacking was just awesome. I know a lot of people criticize it, but for me it was such a rush when you got it going! Loved it!

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
No thanks, for me MW2 had probably some of the worst weapon balancing in the series and 3 with some of the more dull maps. However, the maps in MW2 were ace despite my strong dislike for the balancing.

I want to be excited but I can't especially with how poor of a state Black Ops 4 is right now, it's pretty much turned me off the series now.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's one compromise for MW2 potentially not having multiplayer but it's not the option that I want them to take.

Oct 29, 2017
All 3 modern Call of Duty developers can't seem to make maps worth a damn, so its smart to just remaster old ones.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
I'm all for this. Knowing the trend of CoD games any new maps will be the size of a broom closet and you may as well not bother playing anyway since you get shot in the back every 5 seconds (the maps in black ops 4 are fuck awful.)

souppboy

Oct 25, 2017
As a switch owner I salivate anytime COD news is mentioned. It seems like such a perfect fit for the switch. Even fucking Wii U got two titles. I'm going to rage if we don't get COD in some form on switch this year.

The Wii got like 4 COD games. It's an accounting decision rather than a hardware issue.