• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020

Yeah maybe the winning strategy is not criticizing the idea of a "revolution" when the guy literally beating you is running on a unabashed platform of "Political Revolution".

Edit: You can see pete looking for pearls to clutch whenever Bernie says "revolution".

giphy.gif

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pete is such a disingenuous rat. He's telling CNN that it is the wrong time to be talking about Castro. Guess what? Sanders didn't want to talk about him either! The new oppo which is the old oppo was brought up again and the press kept in pestering him about a complete non-issue.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Warren deserves a lifetime seat for grilling bloomberg again

For sure, she's incredible in many regards and has my respect. Easily the best vote if Bernie wasn't running.

I'm sure there's some sexism at play there in terms of her overall support, and I suspect her long-term strategy is to outlast and siphon off votes from the other candidates as they drop out, then win by delegate count at the convention and bring in the Bernie supporters under her. But it's a risky risky gamble. I wish she'd just be herself and wish she had gone hard against Bernie and show more why she's the electable progressive candidate.

I agree, with Klobuchar staying out of the feminist identity politics Warren seems to have taken the reins and is using it to attack Bloomberg, but I don't know how well that is resonating with the overall base - I was shocked to hear they booed Warren for bringing up Bloomberg's NDAs and abortion statements.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Listen, I'm all for the groovy revolution of yours, but you can't be a nuisance or keep it going to late, it's a work night folks!" -Pete in the 60s

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Unfortunately was not able to watch the debates because in-laws are staying over. From what I've gathered:
  • Shitshow all around with ineffectual moderators
  • Crowd maybe paid off by Bloomberg?
  • Not a great debate for anyone except maybe Biden?

How does this impact our Lord and savior Bernie?

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Bernie just needs to have a sizeable lead as the 2nd place runner. It's hard for someone as left as him to do good in my state when people reelect politicians like Lindsey Graham constantly.

I don't know, I am really scared that between SC and ST the media will just be doing a "comeback kid" bullshit narrative. I want Bernie to crush it, I think a lot of voters will buy into it and flip back to Biden.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
They booed Bernie when he talked about getting teachers higher wages like...what? Who in the world would boo that?
If I remember correctly they were booing him evading a question there. There were several times some people booed for that reason. The most obvious one was when he brought up Biden voting for trade deals which had nothing to do with the original question—his vote against the Brady Bill.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Unfortunately was not able to watch the debates because in-laws are staying over. From what I've gathered:
  • Shitshow all around with ineffectual moderators
  • Crowd maybe paid off by Bloomberg?
  • Not a great debate for anyone except maybe Biden?

How does this impact our Lord and savior Bernie?
Bernie was hit hard in the beginning and had an arguably bad response. He recovered mostly I thought in the 2nd half. The rest is mostly true. The crowd was full of VIPs and donors paying nearly $2000-3000+ a seat.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie taking that last shit question and actually giving a meaningful answer instead of making some awful "joke" makes me like him even more. Great answer and great quote.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
I really want this race to come down to Bernie or Biden. It'll just be more representative of what the electorate actually looks like. I'm hoping Steyer and Klobuchar dropout after SC. Can't see anyone else doing that sadly but I think Warren should as well her campaign is done. Basically it should be moderates vs progressives and lets see who has the bigger base. For all the progressive optimism about a grassroots movement etc. those aren't the candidates that won in 2018 so it's not like the hesitation re Bernie at the top of the ticket is unwarranted. We haven't had anyone as radical in their quest for change since FDR probably so it's basically an untested phenomenon is recent American political history. This should not be taken as Bernie can't win, but I understand why some hesitate with him I myself I'm not super convinced. FL's electoral votes are gone with him on the ticket (just my opinion) so he definitely has to win WI, PA, MI trifecta. Some very white states there and racism has shown time again that it's a stronger drug that straight up suffering, people will die for it than accept a candidate that's going to help them and the "others".

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if they they were paid, its within Bloomberg's MO though.

Most were probably booing because who the fuck pays $1500-3000 for debate tickets except for rich assholes.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
god watching Chris Matthews on MSNBC it's fucking insane. literally his question to the candidates he's interviewing (Buttigieg and Klobuchar) is "why is Sanders plan so awful? talk about that"

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
C'mon man, let's not start getting into conspiracy theory territory

I've shat on plenty of the dumber conspiracies people have spread in the past, but that one is plausible. Alternatively, if people weren't paid, then they were wealthy Bloomberg supporters who bought their way in.

Warren was booed for calling out Bloomberg's "kill it" comments and asking about his taxes, and Bloomberg was cheered for the most uninspired, poorly-delivered lines of the debate. There was definitely an unnatural slant to the audience.

Oct 28, 2017
I've shat on plenty of the dumber conspiracies people have spread in the past, but that one is plausible. Alternatively, if people weren't paid, then they were wealthy Bloomberg supporters who bought their way in.

Warren was booed for calling out Bloomberg's "kill it" comments, and Bloomberg was cheered for the most uninspired, poorly-delivered lines of the debate. There was definitely an unnatural slant to the audience.

Yeah everyone noticed it, its exactly like Bethesda's E3 crowd where people are reacting to things no normal person would be reacting to. Steve Kornacki, MSNBC's number guy, noticed it. Even fucking Chris Cillizza thought there was something odd.

I don't know if Bloomberg directly paid them off. But he's definitely buying support and a lot of the crowd were Democratic Party operatives and/or extremely wealthy. If Bloomberg didn't buy their ticket, he probably contributed to their operations like he did to buy Stacey Abram's support.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
for a long time i only knew chris matthews through james adomian's impression and it's so crazy that he's really just like that
it's funny, just at the end of his Buttigieg interview Matthews lets "there was a lot of packing of the house-- the audience-- tonight, but alright" slip but of course they move right on lol

god, so pathetic

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017

One of the best arguments I've seen for M4A, I wonder if we're going to see it used at a debate at some point.