• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
This is the most depressing news I have probably ever heard. I feel numb.

South Korea also has some rather big cults. Are these phenomena linked?

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Cats playing with their prey? What else?

Communities of chimpanzees and other apes have been observed going to war with each other and mutilating their enemies; dolphins and otters have been known to rape and kill other sea mammals. Certain predatory whales torment their prey for sport before eating them.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This sort of thing exists in the United States and Europe as well.

NYT had a big story on it a few months ago, it's one of the only threads ive posted but I was so taken aback. Likewise with the ages. I'd link to the thread but I'm on my phone and it's a pain, if you click my profile and find threads ive started it's like... One of the two ive ever started.

I'm a staunch supporter of encryption and privacy but this ended up being one of those moments where I was like... Maybe I'm wrong here. I'm still undecided. I'm a telegram user and a lot of people criticize telegram for not being secure enough for privacy but a lot of these apps -- signal, line, viber, even apple messages and facdbool messenger, etc -- are getting traction for pedaling pedophilia.

greekwolf

Oct 28, 2017
Cats playing with their prey? What else?

Orcas have been observed torturing seals, dolphins and even sea turtles. Not for food but sport.

Then there's the famous case of the Orca at Sea World drowning a guy, then biting off his penis, and parading the corpse on its back for everyone to see.

VeggieBurger

Jan 6, 2018
yea i recently listened to a podcast about this scandal and wtf i feel like this should be way bigger news. all the horrific abuse coupled with corruption, you know that shit can't just be happening in south korea either

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just two updates:

www.allkpop.com

'Nth Telegram Room' main perpetrator Joo Jin Mo (Baksa) says he targeted BTS fan cafes for victims

New reports state that the 'Nth Telegram Room' main perpetrator Joo Joo Bin (also known as Baksa) would case BTS fan cafe members and BJ's (…

According to Seo Seung Hee, the head of the Korean Cyber Sex Violence Response Center, stated that the Baksa would target women in there teens and twenties by going to idol fan cafes and manipulating victims into giving him revealing photos in which he would blackmail them with. This was a technique that Baksa used often, with many instances in which the victims didn't know their videos or photos were being traded on Telegram.

However, due to the low understanding of 'online grooming' in Korean culture and that it isn't a crime in Korea. Seo explained that if online grooming is not criminalized, the risk of sexual exploitation and victim-blaming would increase.
Idol fan cafes being the equivalent to a group's subreddit.

sonder

Banned
Mar 18, 2020
Hope they name them all, air it all out. They should have just released Bitch Bitch onto the streets after unmasking him online. Follow him with a camera and see how long he lasts before someone curbs him.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hope they name them all, air it all out. They should have just released Bitch Bitch onto the streets after unmasking him online. Follow him with a camera and see how long he lasts before someone curbs him.
Well he's destined to only spend around six to eight years in jail if current Korean law stands.