• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't seen a single ep since maybe the movie. Actually, don't think I've really seen an ep since the first season.

Now I have to watch this one.

Fuck china

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that episode Sunday and afterwards thought about how Viacom might suffer for something Comedy Central aired. Whenever Mickey shows up you know it's going to get dark.
Viacom were certainly willing to have Paramount lick boot for China with those jacket flag changes in Top Gun: Maverick.
So Winnie the Pooh was in the episode? lol
Indeed.
Randy murders him to appease the Chinese government so that he can sell weed in China.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It was a great episode but no one seems to be talking about the biggest shocker of all---

The return of Fingerbang

Mehdren

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I'm surprised they wiped South Park out of existence rather than just banning the episode.

Well, not that surprised but still. Fuck censorship.

Oct 25, 2017
It was one of their best and almost the hardest they've ever gone in on someone. They did not flinch in calling out the Disney Empire for a second.

I hope people will finally shut the fuck up about South Park "both sides-ing" shit based on a couple of episodes from a decade and a half ago when the cultural and political landscapes were completely different.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
The part when the Chinese government was editing Stan as he wrote was hilarious

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good, the episode was great.
I wonder if the people that call it a "alt-right show" are also completely fine with the China ballwashers at Disney and everywhere else.
i'm still surprised that absolutely no one seems to care that an obviously tibetan character was played by tilda swinton in dr. strange. surely not related to china in any way.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
It was a good episode, not surprised by China's reaction, they can't handle any criticism even if it's such a show. They've been throwing around their weight and need to be smacked down.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
'Even PC Babies don't care about China and PC babies cry about everything!'
Haha that line was pretty great!
I hope people will finally shut the fuck up about South Park "both sides-ing" shit based on a couple of episodes from a decade and a half ago when the cultural and political landscapes were completely different.
it would be nice, if those types could see the bigger picture and realize SP is way more skewed towards the right side of history regardless of a couple ancient fumbles.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
it still surprised that absolutely no one seems to care that an obviously tibetan character was played by tilda swinton in dr. strange. surely not related to china in any way.

Not only can Disney do absolutely nothing wrong in the eyes of most, but it doubles up with having the MCU in its corner. The Disney brand loyalty is off the charts, I can't think of any company that's even close.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of banned episodes, when the fuck is Comedy Central going to come to their senses and unban Super Best Friends, 200, and 201 in America? Like come the fuck on.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
it still surprised that absolutely no one seems to care that an obviously tibetan character was played by tilda swinton in dr. strange. surely not related to china in any way.

Oh its been brought up but it gets steamrolled under all the other conversations surrounding the MCU, let alone Dr. Strange. That and most people don't even realize the change.

Speaking of banned episodes, when the fuck is Comedy Central going to come to their senses and unban Super Best Friends, 200, and 201 in America? Like come the fuck on.

Shit there are several episodes of The Boondocks that still aren't allowed to be streamed anywhere like the the notorious Tyler Perry episode.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I always find it funny how China is so thin skinned when something offends them. Makes them look even dumber

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
All hail the glorious people's republic of China.

DEATH TO WINNIE THE POOH!

May 13, 2019
So what's it like wasting your moral energy on a 20 year old episode of a cartoon when there are actual massive injustices going on atm?
Just curious what that's like. Sounds pretty privileged.
I mean, are there specific episodes You can point to they've done in the last decade or more that are "both-sidesing" to you? Or am I getting the usual Era Double-Down special?
I just hate South Park and I'll never miss the chance to make it clear. That's all.

Oct 27, 2017
So what's it like wasting your moral energy on a 20 year old episode of a cartoon when there are actual massive injustices going on atm?
Just curious what that's like. Sounds pretty privileged.

Dude, if this forum has taught me anything, it's that moral energy has an unending supply, especially when it's about meaningless finger waving.

Matt and trey arent perfect but they are at their best when it comes to calling shit out. The scientology episode is one of my all time faves. Only watch one or two episodes a year but this one was pretty great.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just hate South Park and I'll never miss the chance to make it clear. That's all.
giphy.gif

It's everywhere, buy the DVDs
I stopped buying the DVDs/Blu-rays around 14. I mean unbanned from television/streaming, obviously.
Matt and trey arent perfect but they are at their best when it comes to calling shit out.
Well said. And at the very least they've tried to be better about social issues in recent history.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Just watched it. Haven't kept up with South Park in a long while, but damn that was good. Completely on point with this episode.

Oct 25, 2017
You enter threads about shows you hate/don't watch?

It's fine if you have reasons to hate it, as long as them both-sidesing issues aren't one of them, since it's completely false. Even in the preview thread for this episode, there were people convinced they were going to both sides things despite a decade plus of content doing the opposite.

All that told me is that there are a lot of people that talk out of their ass on a show they don't/haven't watched in ten years. You can hate the show for the humor, animation, whatever, but there's no need to run around spreading false info claiming a show does something they very much don't.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched South Park in forever-but just wanted to stop by to say Fuck China. It's gross that studios won't even make certain movies or put certain things in movies because they're worried about big bad China.

Actually I just reapplied something-don't China usually block movies about Time Travel? But they allowed Avengers Endgame?

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, are there specific episodes You can point to they've done in the last decade or more that are "both-sidesing" to you? Or am I getting the usual Era Double-Down special?
A decade and a half ago? If anything, the libertarian messaging felt less overt in the beginning compared to some of the stuff in season 19. I haven't watched anything past that season, though.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Actually I just reapplied something-don't China usually block movies about Time Travel? But they allowed Avengers Endgame?
Let me guess, they're worried about people fantasizing using time travel to undo China's glorious history? What a dumb thing lol

If time travel became real you bet your ass the Chinese government would try to use it to their benefit.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Let me guess, they're worried about people fantasizing using time travel to undo China's glorious history? What a dumb thing lol

If time travel became real you bet your ass the Chinese government would try to use it to their benefit.

From my knowledge they ban movies with LGBT characters, time travel and ghosts. I would love to have a movie about gay time travelers that fight ghosts.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best part is that the first ep of the season was highly critical of ICE and the family separation policy at the American border, and it made literally no waves in the American political landscape because it's obviously protected speech, but South Park makes similar policy criticisms of China and are promptly banned there.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The best part is that the first ep of the season was highly critical of ICE and the family separation policy at the American border, and it made literally no waves in the American political landscape because it's obviously protected speech, but South Park makes similar policy criticisms of China and are promptly banned there.

The minute Winnie the Pooh was involved it was going to be banned in China.