• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm way over it and I'm someone who rolls their eyes at this place all of the time for being overly PC and overreacting to small things. But the joke became stale a few years ago and now they're using his kids to repeat the same joke again. The show's drop in quality isn't solely his fault but I do believe you can trace it back to him to find the exact point the show started this years long trend of being pretty bad.

The PC babies are funny because it's human beings doing what we do best, projecting ourselves.

Babies cannot respond to or understand complex dialogue let alone have any credible input on social matters. Their brains aren't developed that far. They cry when they need food or are in discomfort/pick up on what their brains might perceive as a threat. Evolutionary responses. Fight or flight.

So it's completely absurd babies would cry at microaggressions and that's what makes that joke. It's the characters themselves own insecurities or projections onto the babies. Humans often do this with animals as well making great claims their pets understand complex social or political issues.

A little bit of it is just South Park poking whatever fire burns hottest. Like they've always done. Right now it's mentioning anything to do with PC that causes complaining. But heck, even the Catholic Church getting brought up can still get a bit of attention. The guns episode ironically... Very little said.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fell apart a tad in the third act, but the first 2/3rd was great.

I wonder how much longer they'll be on a farm? Seems like they're not done with serialization just yet.

Good, I liked elements of it in the past few seasons. I'm still waiting for them to reference the ending of last season.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Good episode. The week off might help a ton. Wonder if Matt and Trey really are gonna start selling that weed.

Oct 25, 2017
That was amazing and very well timed since legal weed just came into effect in Canada

The song at the start of the episode was amazing, Towelie, Cartma taking a dump and not wiping :|, a Rocky montage, the song playing whenever the hemp hat was on, vape man lol

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect role for Towlie.
OMG Spin Doctors with that hemp hat

Tegridy will carry over next episode

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Holy fuck, that was a good episode. Needed a South Park Episode like this. Randy doing dumb shit is the best.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that has somewhat recently got into South Park, I've realized that Randy is my favorite character.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Love it at the beginning how randy basically shits on the first three episode and say we have to go back to the old days, and that's exactly what they did with this episode

As someone that has somewhat recently got into South Park, I've realized that Randy is my favorite character.

he's the favourite of a lot of people, including me! It's not hard really, you can put him in any situation and he will nail it in the worst ways possible, so dumb and crazy, anything can go with him! Also trey parker voices him perfectly

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Love it at the beginning how randy basically shits on the first three episode and say we have to go back to the old days, and that's exactly what they did with this episode
This episode is nothing like good old south park really. It doesn't even have a punchline moment. All the jokes are told the first 5-10 minutes (and are not that good or surprising), and then keeps dragging.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
This episode is nothing like good old south park really. It doesn't even have a punchline moment. All the jokes are told the first 5-10 minutes (and are not that good or surprising), and then keeps dragging.

i mean sure, but it sure feels more like the old ones rather than the modern ones! Even if they failed in your opinion, that's clearly what they intended to do and i respect the effort

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I liked this one a lot. Never in my life did I imagine we'd ever see a Randy and Towelie team-up in this show lol

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked this episode felt more like the old show. Not getting overly depressingly political. Just commentary about vaping in schools and randy growing weed. I could go for more South Park like this.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
The Spin Doctors gag when Randy put the hat on Stan is quite possibly the hardest I've laughed at South Park (or any show really) in years. I'm having trouble not laughing just thinking about it.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked this episode felt more like the old show. Not getting overly depressingly political. Just commentary about vaping in schools and randy growing weed. I could go for more South Park like this.
Yeah, political stuff ocassionally is fine, but when literally every episode is about how shitty something political is it can get a bit stale. I just want some stupid fun sometimes.