• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Just rewatched last week's episode and noticed something funny. When the boys find out it was Butters selling Vape pens, Cartman was the only one who wasn't surprised and was actually looking at the others reactions. Though that was a nice little foreshadow

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, political stuff ocassionally is fine, but when literally every episode is about how shitty something political is it can get a bit stale. I just want some stupid fun sometimes.

I understand what you're saying. PC Principal's season, and Mr Garrison (Trump)'s season both got tiring. I miss Spooky Fish, Mecha-Streisand, Good Times with Weapons, Stupid Spoiled Whore.......... etc. We did get some Mr Hanky this season, but not for Xmas, which was weird.

Sometimes politics for entire seasons is tiring. I know that's what SP has been for like a decade, though.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I would be so down for a ridiculous Halloween episode, I hope they just create an original story for next week without being political.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
No idea who or why they kept mentioning Ronan farrow, looked him up he's woody Allen's kid and apparantly partner to Jon Lovett, which was only funny when I thought it was Jon Lovitz.

Edit- or should I say, Mia farrow's son lol.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
No idea who or why they kept mentioning Ronan farrow, looked him up he's woody Allen's kid and apparantly partner to Jon Lovett, which was only funny when I thought it was Jon Lovitz.

Edit- or should I say, Mia farrow's son lol.
He broke the Harvey Weinstein story. The joke is that there's an investigative reporter in the area

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I would be so down for a ridiculous Halloween episode, I hope they just create an original story for next week without being political.

There's a good chance we'd get one. Both Parker/Stone have kids approaching kindergarten age, so I think they're getting a refreshing on childhood stuff to draw from. Like ChuckECheese recently. I had to go to one of those, they have the 2000s artwork, and that mouse looks stoned all the time.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Binged the whole season so far this week. This season has been an incredible return to form for this show. Every episode has readily entertained and hasn't been bogged down by choosing to be pretty much self contained again. The last 2 season were a downward slope of disappointment. Can't wait for tonight :(

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Yea I'm glad they're doing a Halloween episode. Didn't even know they had one too last year (Sons A Witches)

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I like that they're doing a Halloween episode. Also seems like a silly plot line again which I'm all for.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
South Park doing a thing if you tweet #southpark22 you get free pizza

tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit, an episode where kids do kids things and have wacky adventures and Kenny is even the focus!? WHAT IS HAPPENING?

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I think that was my favorite episode of the season so far. Heavy kid focus but the trick or treat aspect allowed them to incorporate other characters for some great gags/scenes without drawing focus away from the boys. Good laughs, straightforward story and good pacing.

And it was nice to see Kenny in a prominent role and I love how aware Matt & Trey are about their show hence their acknowledgment of Kennys lack of appearances.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I really loved this episode, mostly because it was just the kids being kids thrust into a situation and making the best of it. I really miss the shenanigans.

Also my cat slept on my lap the entire time like a cute lil fuckface <3

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
SP's setups and satire keep trailing off. With Tegridy I thought they were doing a riff on the hypocrisy of being pro-pot but anti-vape, but they never went past "vaping is gay! real men smoke weed". This week I thought it might throw some shade at the end about how massive Mackey's car was compared to the scooters that transport the same number of people so much more efficiently. But nope, it was just "scooting is gay! real men drive cars".

The jokes don't seem to change or develop from the very first instance they use them. Old men yelling at clouds.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
This week I thought it might throw some shade at the end about how massive Mackey's car was compared to the scooters that transport the same number of people so much more efficiently. But nope, it was just "scooting is gay! real men drive cars".
This isn't surprising when over a decade ago they did an episode where it was "hybrids are gay! real men drive gas cars".

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Just got around to watching it, holy fuck that was a good episode. Kids being kids type episodes are so refreshing.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Teaser for the next episode:

I love how aware Matt & Trey are about their show hence their acknowledgment of Kennys lack of appearances.
I mean they were flooded with comments on their facebook page about how Kenny doesn't even do anything anymore so... I dislike when fans feel entitled about something and annoy creators until they finally indulge and give them what they want because it always feels forced. It's even more stupid when fans critize certain things in a movie and then the sequel comes out and there is a brief scene where they explain something people complained a lot about but in the most "omg we wrote this just so you shut your mouth" way possible. Taking suggestions from fans is terrible and destroys fiction. Fans can critize, but writers should always come up with their own ideas and solutions to improve and not pick up parts from fan theory/fiction...

Anyway I felt this episode was pretty good overall still. I almost thought Kenny was about to die at the radio tower but the way the ending is now is a lot better too.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Teaser for the next episode:

I mean they were flooded with comments on their facebook page about how Kenny doesn't even do anything anymore so... I dislike when fans feel entitled about something and annoy creators until they finally indulge and give them what they want because it always feels forced. It's even more stupid when fans critize certain things in a movie and then the sequel comes out and there is a brief scene where they explain something people complained a lot about but in the most "omg we wrote this just so you shut your mouth" way possible. Taking suggestions from fans is terrible and destroys fiction. Fans can critize, but writers should always come up with their own ideas and solutions to improve and not pick up parts from fan theory/fiction...

Anyway I felt this episode was pretty good overall still. I almost thought Kenny was about to die at the radio tower but the way the ending is now is a lot better too.

I agree with you, but I don't think Matt & Trey abide by fan demands or even truly care about what they want. People have wanted more Kenny since Season 19 and barely got it until this episode, in Season 22.

I just enjoy when they get meta. It shows awareness but they rarely ever sacrifice their ideas/stories in order to satisfy fans and their wordw fan fiction lol.

Mabase

Oct 29, 2017
Completely lost it at Jimbo's and Mr. Stotch's interaction in the Halloween frenzy:

J: "You don't even have a costume!"
S: "Yes I do! I'm Megyn Kelly!"